venom.226

Ragdoll Physics Plus+ v1.0

Okay guys, I''ve finally done it. 1.0 is now live, and this project has been renamed to Ragdoll Physics Plus+. Its been a very frustrating project to work on, but I feel this is the best version I've released by far. Hope ya'll enjoy it, I put a lot of hours into it. The mod is also now signed and ready to be used in MP... I think.

Also if you're using Ragdoll Effects Overhaul, go ahead and unsubscribe and use RPP instead. Its now deprecated.

Get the new version here!

DROPBOX:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5jxr3skarfwyq1/VEN_RFX_PLUS.zip?dl=0

(SP and MP versions included)

STEAM:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2290838143

(MP Only)

***RPP v1.0 OVERVIEW***

Thanks for checking out Ragdoll Physics Plus! This mod aims to fix and improve the PhysX ragdoll simulation in A3.

***FEATURES***

-Completely overhauled ragdoll PhysX simulation, including major changes and improvements to joint movement, range of motion and articulation.
-Increased overall friction multiplier, units will now roll and tumble down steep surfaces, instead of just sliding around like they're on ice.
-The weights of certain body parts have been tweaked extensively. Bullets now have much greater feedback on units, resulting in more satisfying and cinematic kills.
-No more bendy knees! (Come on BI, I really had to fix this after 7 years?)
-No more ugly hit reactions!
-Units can now collide with vehicles and PhysX objects such as chairs, tables, boxes, etc. (SP VERSION ONLY!)
-Units will launch into the air when killed by explosives. (Not very realistic, but included by popular request)

***INSTALLATION***

This package comes with two files, SP and MP. Please only pick one! Do not use both at the same time. Also includes a VR test mission.

-For Singleplayer only folks, please install VEN_RFX_PLUS_SP. This pbo has PhysX collisions enabled.

-For server owners/multiplayer, please install VEN_RFX_PLUS_MP. This pbo has disabled PhysX collisions between ragdolls and vehicles, as well as small objects like chairs, tables, etc.
-Disabled because PhysX collisions between ragdolls and PhysX objects causes massive desync issues in MP.
-MP version is signed and ready to be used on your server! This mod is client side only, so make sure everyone on your server has this mod downloaded.

***CURRENT BUGS/ISSUES***

-Ragdolls are still somewhat prone to getting ARMA'd.
-Units will sometimes fly into the sky/sink into the ground when killed during certain animations. (Most notably the self-heal animation, not much I can do about that, sorry)
-Units may fly a bit too high into the sky when killed by 30mm autocannon.
-Found another bug? Let me know on the BI forums or Steam.

***MOD COMPATIBILITY***

This mod should work fine with most other mods, as long as those mods don't edit PhysXParams. There are a few popular mods that are incompatible, however.

-RHSAFRF. No idea why they included their own PhysX params, but as of now RPP is incompatible. RHSUSAF works great though! (According to @reyhard this will hopefully be fixed in a later update, which is good news!)
-Project Injury Reaction. PIR also includes their own PhysX tweaks, however those tweaks are isolated to their own pbo. In theory you could remove PiR_rd.pbo and use my mod instead, but the mod author frowns upon messing with PIR's files, so I probably wouldn't risk it.
-Real Hero's Ragdoll mod. Alters the same settings as my mod. Try out both and see which one you like better.
-Ragdoll Effects Overhaul. REO is my old mod and now deprecated, RPP is better in pretty much every way.

-Incon Effects mod, its pretty outdated though and I'm not sure if anyone uses it anymore.

Popular compatible mods include ACE, CUP, RHSUSAF, and 3CB. Let me know if you find a mod that is incompatible!

*Special thanks to the many VR soldiers who helped me test this mod, hopefully your sacrifices weren't in vain. lol

Enjoy guys! Feedback is always welcome.

venom.226

• Like 18

A video would be nice so we can compare it to previous addons that tried to tackle this issue.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, warden_1 said:

A video would be nice so we can compare it to previous addons that tried to tackle this issue.

• Like 8

this is awesome! good effort.

i wonder if this also fixes the weird MP behaviour of ragdoll. i feel like i haven't seen proper ragdoll in MP in ages. always this weird flapping of limbs as if they are just paper strips. might've been caused by local host.

This could be such a small detail that makes a big impact. I always hated how the ragdoll is like playing a game of twister.

Hello Venom.226, I tried your addon which is very good and widely improve the current situation in A3. Yet, my only criticism is that locking both knees and pelvis is giving the characters a kind of systemal fall depending if you shoot from front / side / back. In one word they tend to always fall in the very same pattern. For now I mostly tried it on flat ground, so it could be a bit more variable once in action, yet I would allow a bit more liberty to the movement if that's possible.

Thanks for your work, I'm looking foward to try new variants. For now I'm going to include this to my modset :)

Hi all!

Thanks for the feedback so far! Its great seeing a few of you showing interest in my first A3 mod. 

On 5/9/2017 at 11:25 AM, bad benson said:

i wonder if this also fixes the weird MP behaviour of ragdoll. i feel like i haven't seen proper ragdoll in MP in ages. always this weird flapping of limbs as if they are just paper strips. might've been caused by local host.

That's actually something I haven't tested yet. Perhaps someone could try this on a server and report what happens? My PC can't handle A3 multiplayer, so I'm unable to test it myself unfortunately.

2 hours ago, El Tyranos said:

...Yet, my only criticism is that locking both knees and pelvis is giving the characters a kind of systemal fall depending if you shoot from front / side / back. In one word they tend to always fall in the very same pattern. For now I mostly tried it on flat ground, so it could be a bit more variable once in action, yet I would allow a bit more liberty to the movement if that's possible.

Thanks for trying my mod! Yes, the characters often fall into the same positions. I've noticed that myself and I'm trying to fix it with no luck so far... Reducing the rigidity of the pelvis and knees from their current values only results in the knees contorting into crazy positions again. At this point it seems like a problem that only BI can fix, but I'm going to keep trying to solve the issue in the meantime.

Also, the demonstration video I posted earlier was apparently deleted today by YouTube. Apologies to anyone who's trying to view it! I'll make a more detailed video within the next few days. Stay tuned!

this could be solved with some light scripting. like applying some small velocity in the vector from the killer once the unit dies or something. might be out of scope of this addon but probably easier to achieve than with rag doll config values.

tried it, doesn't really work like i thought. sadly it jsut moves the unit's origin. seems like ragdoll is not reacting to setVelocity or something. more like it has its own simulation inside physX or something.

here's the code.

EDIT:

{
	_x addEventhandler
	["Killed",
		{
			params ["_unit", "_killer", "_instigator"];

_strength = 10;

_vel = (vectorNormalized ((getposAtl _killer) vectorFromTo (getposAtl _unit))) vectorMultiply _strength;

_vel set [2, _strength]; //optional to lift up to make them fly

_unit setVelocity _vel;
		}
	];
} foreach allUnits

i dunno. play around with it. maybe i just suck. maybe you find this useful anyways. i dunno. make peopel fly aroudn from explosions or something :D

obviously you wouldn't apply the eventhandler that way inside an addon.

• Like 1

Tried this. Gotta tell, it sure helps a lot with the weird leg positions in ragdoll. We'll test this this weekend in multiplayer. Looking forward to the updates. Have fun!

Gotta ask, how do you test all this? Do you restart the game each time you make a change? There's a https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/diag_mergeConfigFile for the dev build, diag exe. You can reload configs on the fly (doesn't work for everything and there's a possibility it doesn't work for ragdoll configs).

• Like 2

Played with this this weekend with my community in multiplayer. General ragdoll silliness still happens because of the way ragdolls work, but it helped with weird legs positions in ragdoll. In general, it appears it works in multiplayer in the same way as it works in the singlepayer.

Here some any way to start ragdoll and control by script or some another way "In Ragdoll Time"?
for example: I need to  stun my target for 10minutes or more X (custom parameter), daz it possible?

VE Ragdoll Overhaul v0.3 BETA

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3lpmuzLj9UydjhSeFZodzRXOUE

Hey guys! 0.3 has been released. The video shows increased flexibilty to the hip, torso and knee regions. I wasn't able to fix the knee bug but on flat ground it should only happen very rarely. Check out the readme for the full changelog.

@bad benson I tried out your code, setVelocity indeed doesn't really work on ragdolls. Thank you for trying though! That's way better then anything I could come up with.

@rebelvg Thanks for testing! I'm glad to hear that it works in MP. And there's no easy way to test this, I don't really understand what's going on in the code so its all trial and error basically. I'll make a small change, convert to pbo, boot the game, launch the arsenal, shoot up a few guys to see the effects, close the game after a minute or so and repeat. Also tried out that merge tool, I couldn't get it to work, unfortunately. I suspect that the ragdoll class isn't supported by the tool itself, or maybe I'm just doing it wrong lol. Thanks for giving me the link, any help is appreciated.

@kol9yN Maybe use the setUnconscious command with some kind of time limit scripted in? Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable members here can help you, I don't know very much about scripting.

Enjoy the update guys! Feedback and criticism are welcome.

venom.226

• Like 7

Wow V0.3 looks really good. Especially when the soldiers fall on the hills or elevated terrain. Nice work

Thank you, will have a close look at this new version :)

I'm really looking forward to this.

Especially as Gunter Sverloh is considering it for his IFA3WarMod.

Its already in my mod, and i had asked Venom last week for permissions and he granted it, Domokun go see my

release thread last page theres a vid there.

5 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Its already in my mod, and i had asked Venom last week for permissions and he granted it, Domokun go see my

release thread last page theres a vid there.

Goddit !

BTW is Venom's mod VE_RFX.pbo?

I seem to have trouble running people over in vehicles in multiplayer with this, but can't reproduce it in singleplayer. I use it only clientside, the server does not use it and nobody else yet. Mostly people don't die as easily and stand up after a good hit, sometimes the car is nearly stopped by the impact and if you are unlucky this happens: 

:D

Will need to test further, the video was captured while still using v0.2, but I had trouble running people over with v0.3 today, too. Just no insane flips so far :D

I'll try what happens if the server also uses the addon.

Amazing job. Finally goodbye to this hell..

6yWEbzxbScKyYHTxWEKrgw.jpg

yuarCIvcSECXElOtKrSYzA.jpg

u7XHIhdCTV2rjpYUOOhgbw.jpg

_7nEc_9nQzeLEzlDPmcxPw.jpg

and with the mod:

h2dSJi43QOenAF1UTAAlGA.jpg

7rJq2VU3RqqGc8z4Iq7Y8Q.jpg

YU4fBhDIT62G_iQTBH8qzw.jpg

59FwKKVHSeevQDng9VYwQg.jpg

btw these guys are all shot from surrender/handcuffed positions which often causes bended knees.

On 7/15/2017 at 4:31 AM, neetch said:

Amazing job. Finally goodbye to this hell..

6yWEbzxbScKyYHTxWEKrgw.jpg

yuarCIvcSECXElOtKrSYzA.jpg

u7XHIhdCTV2rjpYUOOhgbw.jpg

_7nEc_9nQzeLEzlDPmcxPw.jpg

and with the mod:

h2dSJi43QOenAF1UTAAlGA.jpg

7rJq2VU3RqqGc8z4Iq7Y8Q.jpg

YU4fBhDIT62G_iQTBH8qzw.jpg

59FwKKVHSeevQDng9VYwQg.jpg

btw these guys are all shot from surrender/handcuffed positions which often causes bended knees.

You are in some serious violation of the Geneva convention my friend :-D

• Like 3

This should be the vanilla ragdoll values, very good job.

• Thanks 1