Havent updated in a minute, here is the early stages of the airfield, my friend Jmaster insisted he do the layout so its authentic so this is the result

more soon!

d9276bad186832a80b5c7347134ad0d1.jpg 

• Like 9

Interesting airport layout! Will the runways/taxiways/aprons be p3d tiles placed on the ground or are you going for the BIS solution of just having ground textures act as tarmac?

15 hours ago, opteryx said:

Interesting airport layout! Will the runways/taxiways/aprons be p3d tiles placed on the ground or are you going for the BIS solution of just having ground textures act as tarmac?

tarmac will be the mask image + runway markings as objects a friend made a few days ago, this is an example of an idea i had for why it wont be made out of objects

5d3957dfcb73f2423a71e74a642db510.jpg

vortorsk will also be on a small hold as i work on a pet project porting chernarus and doing a small overhaul of the terrain for another mod im part of developing, desolation redux

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pixel Nation Gaming said:

Any update? :)

:face_palm:......when will they ever learn.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

:face_palm:......when will they ever learn.

:z:

@crazy mike Looking good bro keep it up 

4 hours ago, Pixel Nation Gaming said:

Any update? :)

It is against the rules to ask for any kind of update.

Thanks

• Like 2

Vortorsk is on a small hold while I work on Chernarus for DesolationREDUX

• Like 4

The additional content seen in the video (ghillie rpk) and all other content currently in the addon they are in may be release with vortorsk if the mod i am developing said content for does not take off.

• Like 2

Finally begun work on adding details to locations

Soon I will be overhauling the mask image to more resemble chernarus in its variety through locations, aswell as adding details to the satellite image to compliment buildings roads and fields

178ec244021e3cfffee0b81aa19abbab.jpg

df256f0c4e4838334b59603fe07e7260.jpg

55a66374cc27136c00d58c5f62970788.jpg

b3399384e4952b7e8b933b2dc3cf89a5.jpg

ee7d37763e3074af20630b06a1dac647.jpg

• Like 5

I'm curious to know if you'll be fixing the wonky UVs on the Stalker buildings?

13 hours ago, opteryx said:

I'm curious to know if you'll be fixing the wonky UVs on the Stalker buildings?

not my work, arman offered the source files a few days ago so I'll see how that goes and if I can fix some of the issues with the buildings

dont count on it, but I may also have a replacement for some of said buildings dno yet

• Like 1

Forgive me if this has been answered, but is there any chance you could get permission to use the custom assets from Taviana?

Taviana has a a few good structures.

9 minutes ago, opteryx said:

Forgive me if this has been answered, but is there any chance you could get permission to use the custom assets from Taviana?

Taviana has a a few good structures.

seeing as martin doesnt want the map itself to be used on arma 3 i doubt asking to use the assets he had made for the map would be allowed to be used either, cant be arsed to try and ask

Please keep in mind I do not know if I can keep the lighting the way it is, I am using what is basically deprecated configs / unintentional setup of config thus there has been a fairly major problem with dynamic lights at night, they are too bright on surfaces and bleach the objects and terrain pure white/yellow and its aids, everything else is great but any light that isn't sunlight or fire light is blindingly bright and idk how to fix it.

7182c085db726f4a3f52eb5ef6107ba4.jpg

• Like 3

Removed

Edited by Agia
Not important

8 hours ago, Agia said:

I am really interested in playing on this map so I downloaded it last night. Noticed that I am missing a ton of textures from buildings aswell as trees and stuff. Are there other mods required to run this or ? Also shot you an email Mike regarding licensing for this map.

Where did you get the download link?

ive decided to give a small group of people the source files instead so there will be only one unified version instead of multiple clones in the future, sorry 

• Like 5

vortorsk rebuild

coastline textures need alot of work

forests are generated across all of map first then i cut away and create infastructure, cities fields ect, this can be concidered a complete rebuild using only an older version of the heightmap as data from the old terrain

c6b985b61eaf4e87538a6db8aa8907af.jpg

fa6548ab428c664664187e0aec4a14b4.jpg

in rv4

32032960a6064c21e716897a02e90491.png

57ad5d87e6539170157bfc33fe9eb6d3.png

6cbbcfa50e2c3b0147ef2020e3e070d9.jpg

a9e63a0797e42f7c02863ccef535e36a.jpg

607ad0decd4214f54d46866caf377a66.jpg

• Like 12