Orthethac

How to change respawn type during mission?

This is for Arma: Cold War Assault v1.99. The respawn type is defined in the description.ext. Is there any way to change the respawn type during a mission? I have a set number of respawn tickets shared by all players defined in an init.sqs file, and when the tickets run out I want to change the respawn type from "INSTANT" to "NONE" or "BIRD". Any script examples out there? I couldn't find any.

Also, respawnTemplate[] = {"Tickets"} and BIS_fnc_respawnTickets does not work in Arma CWA, correct? 

I'll let someone else with more knowledge give a technical answer. But as far as I can see you're dealing with scripts/functions that were only introduced with Arma3. Especially BIS_fnc_respawnTickets.

Cold War Assault is actually Operation Flashpoint 1.96 updated to 1.99. The name change is superficial. It was mostly to do with BI reclaiming the title. But it's still the same engine, with just a few commands and eventhandlers chucked in.

You can get an idea of what was added/changed from here.

• Like 1

@Macser Thank you.

In general I guess I'd like to know if it's even possible to have a limited number of respawns in Operation Flashpoint. Either by default or by some fancy scripting.

For example, I tried to force "onPlayerKilled.sqs" and "onPlayerRespawnAsSeagull.sqs" to execute after the number of respawn tickets expires, but the soldier model still respawns despite the "death camera" playing (with the two horizontal black bars and music) and the player unable to control the soldier. This is not good for other players who are still alive, who will constantly see a soldier model spawn during gameplay.