HeroesandvillainsOS

[ALiVE, SP/COOP 1-20] Battle of Lythium

@drdetroit

HeroesandvillainsOS is my Steam name.

I only have I think one long term persistent mission released right now on Steam, with about I don't know maybe 10 others ready to go, waiting for the next ALiVE (and in some cases 3CB) release.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=959690876&tscn=1498795007

You can find the rest here. Battle of Sangin, Battle of FATA (these two are very similar to this one), Operation Hellhound, By the Sword, October Skies, and probably lots of others. If you want to friend me on Steam I can reveal them all to you there, but I won't be revealing them on Steam to the public until ALiVE and 3CB fix some of their stuff. 

• Like 2

Great!  Thanks again for being very helpful.  I'm going to plug in Sangin and the other located on Steam and check them out.

Thanks for the work man.  Much appreciated!

• Like 1

hi HeroesandvillainsOS,

i have a little problem, when i launch the mission on my local server, opfor AI doesn't move but Civ AI move, do you know how can i fix that ?

2 hours ago, miogushi said:

hi HeroesandvillainsOS,

i have a little problem, when i launch the mission on my local server, opfor AI doesn't move but Civ AI move, do you know how can i fix that ?

Hmm. I'm not sure it would be related, but it may be best to wait until the next Lythium update so one of us can reindex the Lythium map for ALiVE. Lythium and JBAD have updated since I released the mission, and with another Lythium update around the corner, it doesn't make sense to index the map right at this moment.

In fact, some important updates are coming in the next ALiVE release so it may make sense to just wait in general.

I'd say for now, if nothing in the current ALiVE release is deterring your from enjoying yourself, try any of my other missions. Inshallah or Battle of Sangin are pretty similar to this one.

If AI still aren't moving, let me know and clarify exactly what you mean. 

i have sale problème with "Inshallah", maybe  the  problem  is project opfor  or maybe it s me ^^

5 hours ago, miogushi said:

i have sale problème with "Inshallah", maybe  the  problem  is project opfor  or maybe it s me ^^

I doubt it.

I'm gonna need a little more info from you. Are you using any mods not listed on the first page? Are they all from Steam Workshop (meaning are they up to date?)? Are you launching in local MP? Are you on a dedicated server using headless client?

Can you describe the behavior of them not moving in detail?

i used only your mod and they are from steam workshop.  Civilian move, but not opfor, they can shoot me, but they don't go on waypoint. 

But When i tried with greenfor CUP  it works :s

i played SP on my computer.

sorry for my bad english 

14 minutes ago, miogushi said:

i used only your mod and they are from steam workshop.  Civilian move, but not opfor, they can shoot me, but they don't go on waypoint. 

But When i tried with greenfor CUP  it works :s

i played SP on my computer.

sorry for my bad english 

Weird. I'll take a look later. So, are you saying that when you approach an area and a Project OPFOR Taliban enemy spawns, they all are stuck in place and don't move? 

I don't see why this would be happening suddenly. I haven't played in a few weeks but it was fine. So everything is up to date? Is your Arma itself up to date?

that's it !  civ move on waypoint but not ennemy, but when i tried with CUP greenfor it works.

everything is up to date yes. maybe it s my computer ^^

51 minutes ago, miogushi said:

that's it !  civ move on waypoint but not ennemy, but when i tried with CUP greenfor it works.

everything is up to date yes. maybe it s my computer ^^

I doubt it's your computer. Windows or Linux? I have Windows 10 and I'll take a look tonight and get back to you.

windows 10 too,  thank you , il will try an another time  tonight and i can send you my rpt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miogushi said:

windows 10 too,  thank you , il will try an another time  tonight and i can send you my rpt

Are you using Enhanced Movement or any AI mods at all?

EDIT: Taken to PM and will post the solution once we figure it out.

Hi I am sort of new to Alive and need a bit of help.

I am trying to play this mission in SP mode on a LAN.  I am hosting the server and it all seems to load fine but once loaded it is just me on my own, I have no squad with me. Is this right?

I see a few blufor guys standing around shooting the breeze but not much else.

Any help would be great as I would really like to try this mission out properly.

Cheers

SD

3 hours ago, soupdragon said:

Hi I am sort of new to Alive and need a bit of help.

I am trying to play this mission in SP mode on a LAN.  I am hosting the server and it all seems to load fine but once loaded it is just me on my own, I have no squad with me. Is this right?

I see a few blufor guys standing around shooting the breeze but not much else.

Any help would be great as I would really like to try this mission out properly.

Cheers

SD

Go to the map standing on the tripod and use the scroll wheel to recruit AI.  

Also you can assign yourself and AI a load-out to your liking using the Load-out Manager, which is in the scroll wheel menu as well.  Just get near the ammo crate and use the scroll wheel to select the manager.

BTW:  These are some of the best mission out there imho.  Although you should probably play Battle of Sangin, Battle of Fata instead for now.  From what I understand Lythium needs some tweaking once Alive is updated (I never get many civilians to populate with Lythium).  

PS: you don't really need a dedi server for these Heroes' missions.  He has it setup to save locally on your PC just by hosting a LAN in MP and using the Alive server save option.

Good luck!  

• Like 1

This looks like a lot of work and a great mission, however I can't get more than 1-3 FPS starting it? I have loaded all the mods from Steam and I am sure it isn't my computer as its pretty high end.  Any idea?

2 hours ago, vengeance1 said:

This looks like a lot of work and a great mission, however I can't get more than 1-3 FPS starting it? I have loaded all the mods from Steam and I am sure it isn't my computer as its pretty high end.  Any idea?

That's odd, I have no FPS issues with any of these (Lythium, Sangin, Fata)...no issues in SP or MP, but I hear SP can cause FPS for some.  Go into MP and host a LAN, then recruit AI if you're playing SP.  That may help.

Again, you may want to do the Battle of Sangin, or Fata instead for now.  Lythium needs a little tweaking.  Do the Alive server save for campaign persistence.

we use it often for mission nights and are 25+ players and have NONE fps issues!

• Like 1

@DrDetroit

Thanks for the help and advice mate.  i am off to download those two missions right now.

Cheers

SD

13 hours ago, vengeance1 said:

I appreciate all the helpful replies to the questions this morning guys. Not really much for me to add here, other than to add a note about the way insurgency mode initializes.

Upon spawning in, it takes approximately 2-3 minutes for insurgency to init and create enemy HQ's, etc. During this process, performance can be dreadful (which is normal), but everything should smooth itself out after the process completes.

Regarding spawning in alone, drdetroit is correct, this is intentional. To recruit AI to join you, go to the recruitment center at any of the bases, or alternatively open the ALiVE menu, go to Logistics, and request a group be delivered to you (there is an option to have them join player group). Further how to play instructions are in the diary records on the map screen.

I'd say most of my other insurgencies should play ok. Lythium needs a new Indexing for ALiVE. Greenberet40 sent me the new unblocked PBO yesterday, so now it's just a matter of indexing it and getting it into a future ALiVE update. 

In fact, the next ALiVE update should improve things a lot all around for all missions, so stay tuned for that. Shouldn't be long now.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.  It looks like a Mod Conflict to me, so I need to figure out what might be causing it.  I will do more investigation.

A couple questions for you.. How hard would it be to remove the dependency on the 3CB mod and replace it with NATO troops? Also is ALiVE working okay with Lythium now? 

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Outbreakdubs said:

A couple questions for you.. How hard would it be to remove the dependency on the 3CB mod and replace it with NATO troops? Also is ALiVE working okay with Lythium now? 

Thanks.

Removing 3CB to the point of actually removing all of their assets to take out the dependency would probably take awhile, mainly because I place a lot of objects from the mod at the bases. That said, another person I’m talking to is in the process of replacing them with Spanish Army units so it can be done.

As far as I’ve seen (been playing some other missions of mine), this index is much much better. Maybe not perfect under wicked close inspection due to JBAD buildings but from what I’ve seen it’s quite good and honestly even if it’s not (which it seems to be fine) there’s nothing ALiVE can do to make the index better.

But compared to where it was with the last index it’s way way better IMO.

On 05/08/2017 at 4:40 PM, miogushi said:

hi HeroesandvillainsOS,

Hello there, I suffer the same issue. Both AI OPFOR & Civvies won't move, they'll just remain stationnary in houses. Also, there's still quite a few ammount of Civvies down there.