lsheldon

Using items without scroll wheel

I've been playing Arma 3 for about 4 months and have been enjoying it for the most part.  Still doing the games campaigns and SP scenarios that I've downloaded.  Having some issues using items in SP scenarios like med kits.  I see people say use the mouse scroll wheel when people ask how to use med kits, but my issue is I don't have a mouse scroll wheel.  I use a laptop touch pad, and unfortunately the options on this particular laptop do not allow configuring a virtual scroll wheel like a lot do.  I do not use an external mouse because of space limitations where I play.  Is there a way around this so I can use med kits in SP scenarios without a scroll wheel?  I've downloaded ACE 3 and while that helps me as far as medical needs in the game campaigns most of the SP scenarios I am attempting the ACE mod does not appear to be supported.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks, Les.

I believe [ and ] are default to cycle through action menu options, and enter selects them. Either way, you can change the key bindings in the controls menu. 

You can press space to pull up that menu as well by default.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thank you both for the response, however neither of these suggestions allow me to use med kits the way things currently stand.  Space & Enter are both listed in control settings as the action key, but it does not seem to be working.  And the [ ] keys do perform current actions if I have an item out of the inventory, like holster pistol or unpack tents, place and arm explosives etc.  

I have been primarily working with ravage type scenarios lately and was using quite a few different mods.  So I decided to just start from scratch.  I uninstalled all of my steam content as well as the game and re-downloaded the game this morning.  I will work on getting it running again with fewer mods tomorrow and see if things straighten out and start working.

Thanks once again for the suggestions and I will post on whether the reinstall fixes my issues or not.  Otherwise, I think this is a great game and I'm having a lot of fun playing it.

Best, Les.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lsheldon said:

I've been playing Arma 3 for about 4 months and have been enjoying it for the most part.  Still doing the games campaigns and SP scenarios that I've downloaded.  Having some issues using items in SP scenarios like med kits.  I see people say use the mouse scroll wheel when people ask how to use med kits, but my issue is I don't have a mouse scroll wheel.  I use a laptop touch pad, and unfortunately the options on this particular laptop do not allow configuring a virtual scroll wheel like a lot do.  I do not use an external mouse because of space limitations where I play.  Is there a way around this so I can use med kits in SP scenarios without a scroll wheel?  I've downloaded ACE 3 and while that helps me as far as medical needs in the game campaigns most of the SP scenarios I am attempting the ACE mod does not appear to be supported.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks, Les.

I can appreciate you might not have the space where you play, but using an external mouse would be far easier. It would give you better accuracy when shooting and interaction within Arma3. 

I remember before the last update you could use the scroll wheel to switch weapons but now you can't..I liked the scroll wheel but now I cant figure out how to get that back.

Diesel