Hello humans!

So, i worked on a ship mod when i was in high school, and you may have seen it on the workshop or other places. I'll be honest i guess, it looked like a highschooler did the model and texture work, and i want to put out better. What I've decided to do is update the graphics and scripts of the 'Demise' Operations Vessel.

The demise was designed to be a mobile platform for all sorts of coastal operations, with an armament designed to take out small ships and coastal armour, while still being durable and such. To make the vessel more realistic, I've decided to scrap the armament of the old mod and use weapons used by navies around the world. I've also redesigned the inner workings to accommodate the inner engineer within me (interconnected ventilation systems, wiring, etc.). What I hope to end up with is a ship that can be used by any Arma unit, and not just the ones who partake in naval combat.

Proposed features (in order of importance):

Spoiler

-Upgraded visuals (they're based off real ships now)

-The ability to drive as non UAV (Idk why I did this, probably as an experiment (it was a terible idea))

-Real-life modern weapon systems

-Boat castoff and tieup (working)

-Anchor script

-The ability to actually land a helicopter on the back (i haven't figured it out yet)

-specialized scripts for mission makers

-Littoral combat version (smaller gun, more .50s)

-1986 launch version (with gigantic computers, vacuum tubes, and limited fire control systems for the ultimate challenge to immersion)

Some Screenshots so far:

Spoiler

buldozer_2017_05_05_10_53_08_23.png
buldozer_2017_05_05_10_53_45_66.png
buldozer_2017_05_05_10_53_57_03.png
buldozer_2017_05_05_10_54_20_33.png

If you have any recommendations or suggestions for ship systems, feel free to leave em here. I'm also a university student so i may not have time to work on this from time to time.

Also, if you wish to help with the mod, feel free to pm me. Thanks!

• Like 10

G'day CTFRaven,

She's looking great. Have played around with the previous version and quite liked it. Are you planning on having it walkable and with rooms like Cup's LHD?

5 hours ago, wansec_6 said:

G'day CTFRaven,

She's looking great. Have played around with the previous version and quite liked it. Are you planning on having it walkable and with rooms like Cup's LHD?

Aye. The plan is to have it as interactive as the FFAA's B.A.M. while still maintaining mobility. After all, why would you download a ship if you couldn't sail it?

2 hours ago, knightlight said:

Is your corvette 50 meters? 

twice that, and then some!

The naval classification of a corvette is in weight, armament and role. It would be a laughing stock as a frigate, and a pretty hefty patrol boat, so corvette seems like the healthy medium.

• Like 1

An FFAA BAM equivalent without the entire Spanish Armed Forces would be awesome. Good luck man. Looks good so far. Also like your idea of a modern and past version of the ship. 

• Like 3

I really like the design you've come up with. Looking forward to it :) 

we should collab I'd appreciate any help on my carrier, i could help you also.

• Like 1

Hello Humans once again!

I have been working a lot on this mod in the past week, and now I can confidently say that there has been a lot of progress. 
First, I fixed some aspects of the old version, so while you still cant tie the boat back up, you will no longer fall through the deck while walking on the outer reaches of the ship. Also, helicopers can now land on it in SP, with some odd issues that appear in MP that I'll have to find solutions to. Also, I've updated the weapons system to be closer to the final product for any of you who are eager to try it out as of now. One thing I have noticed is that the speed calculation for boats is similar to real life on the small scale, but drastically different on the larger scales. There are cheap workarounds, but I'm not about that life as of right now...
Also, I've decided to push into the lore a tiny bit, and create this as a primarily AAF ship. The idea is that there are TONS of lore/realism based ships available for NATO and USSR/Modern Russia, so an addition to an already saturated market would be a waste in my opinion. That being said, the lore I've so far created says that the Altans contracted a ship builder to build 4 of these ships while their country was in it's prime, and have since updated the ships with more role-based Weaponry and electronics.

For weapons, I think I've decided on some from the Italian based company OTO Melara to suit the lore. The generic corvette will have a 127mm Otobreda 127/64 LW, along with 4 DARDO bofors 40mm for CIWS. For missiles, i have yet to decide, though I'm heading towards a couple of Otomats and some anti air missiles. 

And now for screenshots of what I have so far :D (untextured as I still haven't decided whether or not this is the layout I want)

Spoiler

buldozer_2017_05_10_10_51_40_50.png
buldozer_2017_05_10_10_54_21_26.png
buldozer_2017_05_10_10_56_47_65.png

-cheers!

• Like 1

Where exactly can I find those "tons" of realistic ships for US and Russia? I would really love to see some, especially for the latter.

• Like 3

On 5/10/2017 at 0:25 PM, CTFRaven said:

updated the weapons system to be closer to the final product for any of you who are eager to try it out as of now.

Hide contents

buldozer_2017_05_10_10_51_40_50.png
buldozer_2017_05_10_10_54_21_26.png
buldozer_2017_05_10_10_56_47_65.png

-cheers!

Do you mean we can get a test copy I'll volunteer and help find bugs if this is what you mean 

11 hours ago, sammael said:

This is NOT the NATO corvette I've released this week on the workshop. The nato corvette is a byproduct of this project and was meant to help me learn the mechanics of the game, and produce several scripting abilities that may come in use for the Demise class ship.

Also, The Demise is almost twice the size of the Workshop corvette, and will have more features if that's something to look forward to :D

• Like 6

G'day CTFRaven,

Like the new corvette vessel. Have had a little play with it. AA defenses work a treat. Is the vessel configured to be used with the BIS support modules to provide Artillery Fire Support with the 127mm gun? I tried to use it, but it didn't work. Keep up the good work. Look forward to the new Demise vessel as well.

• Like 1