mankyle

Buldozer doesn't work. "External viewer: Unable to create viewer" error

Hi there. I have been out of Arma editing for a couple of months and I have restarted working on a mod. Last time I used the tools I had no problem but now I'm completely unable to make buldozer work.

I have reinstalled the tools like ten times, followed the tutorials, tried to use arma3 exe instead of buldozer, but to no avail. I have even reinstalled Arma3 from scratch.

Object Builder works, p:/ works, but I cannot make buldozer work. Each time I try to launch buldozer the dreaded "External viewer: Unable to create viewer" error comes. 

Any ideas???

Sorry

I solved the problem. I changed the external viewer so it used buldozer_x86.exe instead of buldozer.exe and that solved the problem.

i am now getting the same errors as OP after a fresh install of A3 and tools. I have tried both the arma3.exe viewer file path and the default P drive file path with no luck. Still getting error and will not load buldozer. I even reinstalled. 

**** I installed p drive and buldozer using the automated process within Tools****

Launch arma3tools then go to the "Preferences" tab, select "bulldozer configurator", check "use bulldozer from the install directory of the game", then press "apply configuration" and try launching bulldozer again.

17 hours ago, warlord554 said:

Tried it all brother. Still no luck

Do it this way https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:tools:setup-p-drive

The official tools are crap. Arma3p will setup the drive correct, plus the latest version sets the file paths for you in TB.

If it doesn't for some reason, then do it like this https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:terrain:ultimate-terrain-tutorial#configure_terrain_builder

Don't install buldozer / arma tools and don't use the arma tools game data extractor. That's one of the core rules and stops a huge amount of issues

nothing is working. still getting viewer attach error. Getting pretty ridiculous that i've installed p drive/buldozer a million different ways with the same end result