Let me preface by saying I understand that Arma 3 MP is hit and miss, and that it doesn't really matter how good your hardware is if the server being played on isn't any good. I am no longer interested in Arma online! Now, with that out of the way. 
I'm looking into building a new PC from the ground up and my main goal is to run Arma 3 single player, scenarios, etc... at max settings. I have a GTX 960 4GB GPU and will just hold on to that, knowing that Arma is mostly powered by the CPU. 
My specs as of now are:
AMD 8350 clocked at 4.3 ghz
Cooler Master heat sink
GTX960 4 GB
ASUS budget board
16 GB RAM @ 1880 MHZ
650 W PSU

I'm looking into getting:
I7 7700k 4.2 ghz
MSI Enthusiastic Gaming Intel Z270 mobo
Corsair Vengeance 16GB ddr4 3200 mhz
(I'd like to keep my PSU if possible and will upgrade my GPU when I can (probably a GTX 1080) )

Would this build suffice? 

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. 

On 5/2/2017 at 2:13 PM, PatBateman801 said:

Let me preface by saying I understand that Arma 3 MP is hit and miss, and that it doesn't really matter how good your hardware is if the server being played on isn't any good. I am no longer interested in Arma online! Now, with that out of the way. 
I'm looking into building a new PC from the ground up and my main goal is to run Arma 3 single player, scenarios, etc... at max settings. I have a GTX 960 4GB GPU and will just hold on to that, knowing that Arma is mostly powered by the CPU. 
My specs as of now are:
AMD 8350 clocked at 4.3 ghz
Cooler Master heat sink
GTX960 4 GB
ASUS budget board
16 GB RAM @ 1880 MHZ
650 W PSU

I'm looking into getting:
I7 7700k 4.2 ghz
MSI Enthusiastic Gaming Intel Z270 mobo
Corsair Vengeance 16GB ddr4 3200 mhz
(I'd like to keep my PSU if possible and will upgrade my GPU when I can (probably a GTX 1080) )

Would this build suffice? 

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. 

Yes, the 1080 for Arma is overkill since it is mainly CPU based. The 7700k is perfect, I have the 6700k and I run Ultra everything easily. I have 16gb of the same ram so you shouldn't have memory leaks often since they patched that also. The PSU is fine unless you wanna add a 1080 or do any OC for the 1080 and/or 7700k. I don't see any issues with the Motherboard either.