Hi guys, I know this bug already got reported, but it didn't get fixed. So, if I press right click on the map as commander in warfare (high command enabled), then the menu (city menu, move, patrol, etc.) doesn't pop up. To reproduce this bug, you have to start a new CTI/Warfare game, save it and resume it. Voila, right click doesn't work anymore. There is a workaround where you vote for an AI commander and then get commander again, but that workaround is pretty annoying, because the AI does a lot of things I don't want it to. Does somebody know another workaround? And please Bohemia Interactive, fix this bug.

The bug is reported here also:

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/17295

https://steamcommunity.com/app/33930/discussions/2/458605613409297272/

It could probably be handled by copying, editing and running as custom the onPlayerConnected and onPlayerDisconnected scripts that Warfare uses.  The core scripts don't account for player commander, or store the values set for towns by a player commander.

Essentially when a host player disconnects, commander switches back to AI.  And when the mission is continued, it picks up with an AI commander.  But some saved settings still allow the player who was commander to pull up the command bar, even though they're no longer the commander.

onPlayerDisconnected could be edited to detect whether disconnecting player is host and commander.  If so, store the commander and town settings.

onPlayer connected could be edited to detect whether connecting player is host, and if so, restore saved commander and town settings if they exist and the host unit being played was the commander.  If host is playing a different unit, wipe those settings because AI commander has taken over.

But I haven't tried, so right now its just a theory whether that would work.

On 14.7.2017 at 5:18 AM, opusfmspol said:

It could probably be handled by copying, editing and running as custom the onPlayerConnected and onPlayerDisconnected scripts that Warfare uses.  The core scripts don't account for player commander, or store the values set for towns by a player commander.

Essentially when a host player disconnects, commander switches back to AI.  And when the mission is continued, it picks up with an AI commander.  But some saved settings still allow the player who was commander to pull up the command bar, even though they're no longer the commander.

onPlayerDisconnected could be edited to detect whether disconnecting player is host and commander.  If so, store the commander and town settings.

onPlayer connected could be edited to detect whether connecting player is host, and if so, restore saved commander and town settings if they exist and the host unit being played was the commander.  If host is playing a different unit, wipe those settings because AI commander has taken over.

But I haven't tried, so right now its just a theory whether that would work.

Okay, thanks for your help!