Hello. I currently developing a coop mission with cutscenes and have 1 problem here. If camera change position, I want that all textures of objects were already loaded (houses, roads and etc..). I used this: preloadCamera. But looks like it doesn't work. Anybody know the solution how to preload the textures, before the camera change it's position..? This command, preloadCamera, there is no detailed description how it works. I don't know for how long it preloads textures and if they stay loaded even after camera change again it's position..? -_- 

24 minutes ago, jts_2009 said:

Hello. I currently developing a coop mission with cutscenes and have 1 problem here. If camera change position, I want that all textures of objects were already loaded (houses, roads and etc..). I used this: preloadCamera. But looks like it doesn't work. Anybody know the solution how to preload the textures, before the camera change it's position..? This command, preloadCamera, there is no detailed description how it works. I don't know for how long it preloads textures and if they stay loaded even after camera change again it's position..? -_- 

And here we go again, that infamous phrase "doesn't work" without providing even one single detail how you tried to make it work.

Did you even read the wiki entry about preloadCamera?

Everything there, even an example.

Claiming there's no detailed description how it works basically is a punch in the face for everyone keeping the wiki the way it is: Complete, providing syntax for commands and even examples.

If that's over the head for you it's a different story but claiming there's no detailed description when there clearly is, it's just an insult to wiki editors.

Cheers

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

And here we go again, that infamous phrase "doesn't work" without providing even one single detail how you tried to make it work.

Did you even read the wiki entry about preloadCamera?

Everything there, even an example.

Claiming there's no detailed description how it works basically is a punch in the face for everyone keeping the wiki the way it is: Complete, providing syntax for commands and even examples.

If that's over the head for you it's a different story but claiming there's no detailed description when there clearly is, it's just an insult to wiki editors.

Cheers

Nvm. My mistake, sry. I got it now to work...

• Like 1

Not content with a generic 'it does not work' report with any errors, user compounds it by 'I got it to work' without any fix.

Burn him!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Not content with a generic 'it does not work' report with any errors, user compounds it by 'I got it to work' without any fix.

Burn him!

He was probably moving camera to new position without waiting for preloadCamera to return true.

33 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

He was probably moving camera to new position without waiting for preloadCamera to return true.

I was using it without the 'waitUntil', in the hope that it works. But looks like it doesn't...

3 minutes ago, jts_2009 said:

I was using it without the 'waitUntil', in the hope that it works. But looks like it doesn't...

Hence the example on the wiki.

Cheers