wsxcgy

wsxcgy's Extra RHS Uniform Re-textures 2.1.1

Love the Combat Vests, especially the CADPAT one. Now I can make some proper Canadian troops for my missions.

• Like 2

I hope you don't mind the question but have you ever thought about doing vehicle re-skins ?

5 minutes ago, B_Fox said:

I hope you don't mind the question but have you ever thought about doing vehicle re-skins ?

I've considered it but I'm lazy and not particularly interested in or knowledgeable in that area. I play like probably 75% light infantry so vehicles have always been a lesser concern and while I'm sure the procedures are similar, I dont actually know how to do it. sorry dude. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, canadian1337 said:

Hey @wsxcgy. Awesome mod! Got a question: is it possible to get AOR1 G3 back? I can donate a kidney for that.

Isn't that part of RHS:USAF anyway?

You mean the AOR1 camo? Sadly no. As far as I know the basic camos are: Tan, RG, MC, M81 and Black.
But there is MARPAT DESERT.. which is quite similar.

23 minutes ago, canadian1337 said:

Hey @wsxcgy. Awesome mod! Got a question: is it possible to get AOR1 G3 back? I can donate a kidney for that.

I've gotten a few requests for AOR 1, but I generally point people to this.

sorry to all, forgot about eula changes within rhs, oef-cp acu must now be removed. please download new file. i made vests for iran and turkey that are getting shipped with this update i guess so have fun with that. please delete+replace old files. dl from steam workshop, direct link down below, or drive folder on first page.

CHANGELOG

Spoiler

-remove acu
-add turkey vest and iran vest and maybe some other shit i forgot about idk

DOWNLOAD

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wwHIjv_MMl1EeLMEtyrsVX0f0SlyX6Py

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=916062070

• Sad 2

Hi wsxcgy I asked a question on steam, but it will surely have more recognition here :)

First of all thanks you very much for this useful mod ! Specially love the work on colour, not too clean, not too faded, perfect. I'll use it on several 70/80/90's scenario with my team with some other goods addons.

But problem... when I load it on my server and try to connect on it I have a 'Session Lost' msg. When I restart my server without key verification it works fine. So I just want to know if someone else had the same problem to know if its my server or its the key

Thx you very much !

• Thanks 1

I think I messed up when I signed the .pbo files and gave them the keys. To be totally honest with you, I have no idea what I am doing with a lot of stuff so theres certain areas where the mod is a huge mess and done incorrectly. You guys are free to re-sign the .pbos under one of your own signatures or whatever you need to do to get it working, I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thx u very much i'll re-sign pbo and keep you on news

I did resign the addons but still the same problem..I'll wait for the next update

Thanks anyway

• Confused 1

sorry about that!

Is there any way to get your templates for this and give you full credit? I would love to make some custom uniforms for my unit and share them with everyone.

On 6/26/2018 at 7:20 PM, Fros7bite said:

Is there any way to get your templates for this and give you full credit? I would love to make some custom uniforms for my unit and share them with everyone.

I dunno man, not sure if that's within my right and I really don't need to be violating EULAs and copyright with all the recent forum drama. But making templates can be pretty easy if you know what you're doing. Here's a walkthrough.

Spoiler

There's a ton of stuff in RHS that is flat color, those are super easy to make templates from. Just greyscale those babies, overlay your camo patterns or whatever, and tweak the contrast and brightness until it looks good. If theres no flat color or its like too dirty to work with or something, just greyscale the normal map, overlay a fabric texture, and tweak the brightness and contrast. You might want to dupe the base layer and then erase a lot of stuff so that all that remains is things like zippers, gloves, velcro, joint inserts, boots, stretch fabric, or whatever else, so then that stuff doesn't erroneously get camo'd when you overlay your pattern over the base because it'll be sitting above all that in its own separate layer. oh and dirt doesn't hurt, I think I put a dirt pattern in the community texture templates thread over in addons/mods: discussion that you're free to use. I like to go extra and do a lot of other stuff like fading, staining, and pattern break up at the seams/cuts, but that's not massively important. That can be achieved by more overlays and erasing parts from your pattern overlay and layering the pattern in different positions. I have super-special, super-secret system for seams that I like to keep classified that makes it super quick and easy though. That should pretty much cover it all, good luck. Oh, and one more thing, the arma engine draws diffuse maps brighter, so be sure to make things quite a bit darker than normal.

Update time!!!!!!! Wow he actually came back! Woah!

WSXCGY'S RHS EXTRAS 2.1

Description

Spoiler

There's been a big upheaval of the PASGT configurations, the original implementation was really messy. A few have been taken away, a few have been added. Most of the changes for the helmets is "under the hood" type stuff. Some more "under the hood" work includes real cfgpatches sections for every pack, at last. American PASGTs like the woodland, 3-color, and 6-color helmets have been given "cat eyes". All PASGTs are now named "Combat Helmet" instead and all BDUs are now named "Combat Uniform" instead. I have added a gear set in the middle east pack with Syrian Army woodland pattern equipment. The colors aren't perfect but I got tired of the exhausting cycle of tweaking colors and testing in game, all for just people to shoot at that you probably wouldn't be looking at any closer than 200 meters. There's probably a few more things I've forgotten. Additionally, there has been the addition of 3 new sub-packs, ws_russia, ws_gen2, and ws_sof. ws_russia includes the original gorka suits in a new location, and a handful of mostly Russian SOF gear. ws_gen2 includes new retextures of the G3 uniform in the style of the Crye G2/Army Custom. ws_sof includes a collection of retextures geared towards American SOF gear, including a massively overhauled MBAV vest. With this wave of packs I've gone for representing real products more closely rather than generic pieces.

Preview Images

Spoiler

NNTIaeQ.jpg

h96FEBY.jpg

L44Ou9O.jpg

JsK2gxH.jpg

lPFKZ9l.jpgyy0vbPd.jpgk8y4aiF.jpgI0YZ9kG.jpgw56iatb.jpg

NfMlsoD.jpg

QNgCh7v.jpg

qpC8X2v.jpg

IEE2r3J.jpg

o9qEb9n.jpg1xBMHco.jpg

3pXXNKS.jpg

MBsAWkq.jpg

Hhx0cx0.jpg

bxC9E8W.jpg

bWV5RqC.jpgnES75zu.jpg

qUqECJY.jpgTNuDKaa.jpgl13m8cN.jpg

8KIpKpP.jpg

5Ip2P8L.jpg

nEnJNRZ.jpgCWJDHXG.jpgNBQ4JCy.jpgWLAKyFd.jpgGvdx30A.jpgqq8LQJx.jpg

Changelog

(mostly) Full changelog on first post

Download

Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iUjJy7OpIoXQjiOamlghosEdTZZ8Lpah

Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=916062070

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Heya I love the new stuff :) Just wondering why you removed the Generic camos I really really liked those and had a few factions made with them, but they are all broken now :/

Also I just noticed that the Iranian PASGT helmet is invisible

Edited by Stella92
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jordi.M said:

@wsxcgy Nice job on the G2/AC. Will we see the G2 elbowpads in the future ?

probably not, I'd prefer to have them physically modeled, and thats unfortunately not much of an option lol. 

5 hours ago, Stella92 said:

Heya I love the new stuff :) Just wondering why you removed the Generic camos I really really liked those and had a few factions made with them, but they are all broken now :/

Also I just noticed that the Iranian PASGT helmet is invisible

The textures were really old and bad and I was finding they were wasted space, I didn't anticipate that it would be too much of an issue. I am so sorry about that! I can try to see if they're still around somewhere, and I could send you the pbo, or drop it in the main file again. Truth be told, I totally forgot I pulled those out. About the iranian helmets, thats awful strange, I can't recall any issues with that. I'm going to have a look at that.

2 hours ago, thePier said:

Looks like there's some problem with this link, won't load at all :/

There was something about a steam workshop agreement, I don't know where this came from because I ticked the box in publisher and I've been through that stuff before, but it should be all good to go now. You should not have problems opening the page now. Sorry about that inconvenience.

edit:

lightning update eta an hour or so, sorry for fucking it up. fixed texture path for iran helmets, returned generics.

• Like 1

Stunning !

Is there any chance you could add IOTV/IBA with ACU camo, for future updates? 

Spoiler

GgAJcMt.jpg

3tDmkGz.jpg

And maybe also these ones :

jJ3SYwM.jpg

Spoiler

mjsqCny.jpg

FLPEM6Z.jpg

:unclesam:

Just now, MONIIITER said:

Stunning !

Is there any chance you could add IOTV/IBA with ACU camo, for future updates? 

Reveal hidden contents

GgAJcMt.jpg

3tDmkGz.jpg

And maybe also these ones :

Reveal hidden contents

mjsqCny.jpg

FLPEM6Z.jpg

:unclesam:

Dude RHS already has those. If you're specifically looking for IBAs, check out US Forces 2000s.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great stuff as always.

Do you have any plans to release a version without the RHS SAF dependency in the future?  Apologies if that question was previously asked.

The steam page answered my question.

• Like 1