wsxcgy

wsxcgy's Extra RHS Uniform Re-textures 2.1.1

8 hours ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

Oh man I can't wait to try that ACU in OEF camo! Great work on this and your MBAV mod (I've been using that one a LOT lately). If you made the ACU in M81 and DCU I'd be in heaven. Get some good old school NSW going!! 

I could give it a shot, I kept a template with all the cuts. Glad you're enjoying it. I didn't know they used any kind of ACU-type uniform. 

Since I released that little thing with the OEFCP ACU I tweaked and improved the textures a bunch, they don't look so plastic any more, the camo pattern doesn't look pixely and awful, and generally it just feels better to me. Is anyone interested in having WS ACU updated also or should I only put the updated texture with the WS RHS Extras update/merge like I hsd planned?

• Like 4

Love all the new stuff! Just a suggestion: BIS MTP for the ACU and G3?

I can share a tile I have and Tropic too later, if you'd like. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

Is anyone interested in having WS ACU updated also or should I only put the updated texture with the WS RHS Extras update/merge like I hsd planned?

I find the small standalone releases really convenient! :teeth:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

I could give it a shot, I kept a template with all the cuts. Glad you're enjoying it. I didn't know they used any kind of ACU-type uniform. 

Since I released that little thing with the OEFCP ACU I tweaked and improved the textures a bunch, they don't look so plastic any more, the camo pattern doesn't look pixely and awful, and generally it just feels better to me. Is anyone interested in having WS ACU updated also or should I only put the updated texture with the WS RHS Extras update/merge like I hsd planned?

They didn't actually use ACUs (that I know of, I could definitely be wrong though) but it would just to replicate the look of the BDUs with the arm pockets, which is all I need! 

As far as merging or having a standalone, in my opinion you're the one putting in all the work, do whatever is easiest for you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

Is anyone interested in having WS ACU updated also or should I only put the updated texture with the WS RHS Extras update/merge like I hsd planned?

I would prefer to see the update/merge. Keeps my mod list nice and organized :grinning:. But I don't see the harm in doing both for those who want the option.

• Like 2

I'll update both I guess.

I'm going to break down my plans for the update by my planned divisions. I plan on redoing most of the textures as well since a lot sucked and I've got them looking pretty good in my latest iterations. I'm still a baby modder and I am learning.

The bespoke update is kind of being built from the ground up. I've got one new archive right now that has been reformatted a bit and cleaned up to be more "professional", that'll have mostly all the basic non-specific stuff. Generic uniforms and some basic US and Russian stuff. I intend to drop some small stuff like the SPC vests. Those were kind of thrown together as a stand-in for MBAVs, but now we've got the real dealio. I kind of hated those SPC retextures actually, especially with that awful shadow on the back from my poor attempt to remove the camelbak.

I'm going to make a new archive with all the stuff for specific countries. I'm considering doing it by country, so there would be like ws_de_extras for just German stuff, ws_nl_extras for just Dutch stuff. Might get to be too many pbos and be a big ol mess. Not sure if I should add a prefixes or use flags or use native-designations. The old prefix and flag bit worked but it was kinda gross. If I use native designations some things may be hard to find since not everyone is going to know what things are called; if I use generic designations the arsenal list gets cluttered and headache-inducing. That said, I am leaning toward just generic naming with no flags all in one PBO. Though I feel like I need a way to connect countries to uniforms, maybe instead of calling an m93 with british dpm "BDU DPM-85" I'll call it "BDU UK DPM-85".

Also there were some things made I wasn't personally happy with or were made per request but I wasn't actually interested in doing. I'm going to probably move those things in to a new archive where I'll just throw all the random stuff I don't think fits in with the other pbos. I'll be probably putting in the old shitty custom camos too so if you were a fan I guess it's your lucky day. I don't think anything in this pbo is going to be remade unless it is all new though, its gonna be like retex hell. 

I don't think any of this is actually seriously relevant to you guys since classes shouldn't change, but theres some deep reorganization going on... for about the third time haha. I'm planning on having one single "@folder" though, so be ready for that or you could end up with duped classes. It'll be more and less modular at the same time. I'm trying to work towards coherence and flexibility. If there is anything outlined here that you want to comment on or have a suggestion on how I should do things, such as with the country-specifics, feel free to let me know and I will consider your input. I like to incorporate what you guys want as much as what I want. 

• Like 8

I replaced the rhodesian camo with a generic brush camo. really the old one sucked and this is much closer to real rhodie camo, but now it can function as a generic item too. I just had the idea of matching my modern british DPM to 3cb temperate and woodland dpms and grouping the DPM60 with the general items rather than it being UK affiliated and maybe doing some mixes with it, so that'll be happening I guess.

do you guys have any suggestions on what vests I should use? I want to start provide more of complete kits, rather than bits and pieces like before. heres what I want to try to represent. I can't expect perfect imitations of course  but I want to try for stuff as close as possible, for authentic-ish portrayals of the various militaries in the pack.. for the norwegian vest, I think the new SAF M12 vest would work perfect. I would've liked to use the vanilla press vest for the french and danish ones but it clips with the m93 uniform model too much, maybe I could play around with the Laws of War EOD vest and try to ditch the shoulder and groin protectors? as for the others I'm not sure what to do for them. for the molle vest, I suppose the vanilla harness or tactical vest could reeeeaaally loosely do the job, but I don't like the idea of it. so anyways, let me know what you think I should do for these. if you know of any mods containing similar looking items I could attempt to retexture them with permission and all that fun. this is something I've kind of wanted to from the start but now more than ever I really want to pursue it.

let me know what you think. as always, I want to reach out to the community and get feedback, suggestions, help, and whatever else.

• Like 5

maybe you could use the PBB M98 vest with some other chest rig or vest over top, also the Molle vest looks close enough to the 6SH-116 vest minus the Ak mags and 6b23 

Turkish camo shouldn't be that wide and colors are wrong, I'll send you my version of the camo with a sample texture, so you can adjust yours

On 10/13/2017 at 5:36 PM, wsxcgy said:

Also there were some things made I wasn't personally happy with or were made per request but I wasn't actually interested in doing. I'm going to probably move those things in to a new archive where I'll just throw all the random stuff I don't think fits in with the other pbos. I'll be probably putting in the old shitty custom camos too so if you were a fan I guess it's your lucky day. I don't think anything in this pbo is going to be remade unless it is all new though, its gonna be like retex hell.

Are you trying to say you werent a fan of the PCP camo? I wore it for the first half of my rotation to Takistan, got me this far. :drinking:

• Like 1

In my honest opinion, I think that you should expand the usage of clima_x's ACU's. I was thinking it could be cool if there were a few uniforms that an eastern European militia would wear... ACU cut uniform with EMR camo, maybe that Chinese type 07 camo (extremely common to find this with Shia militia in Iraq).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wendyvonbraun said:

In my honest opinion, I think that you should expand the usage of clima_x's ACU's. I was thinking it could be cool if there were a few uniforms that an eastern European militia would wear... ACU cut uniform with EMR camo, maybe that Chinese type 07 camo (extremely common to find this with Shia militia in Iraq).

Her dudes, What have I done wrong in your life? :D Don't need to touch the ACU and make strange camouflage,  Please!

• Like 8

8 hours ago, wendyvonbraun said:

Are you trying to say you werent a fan of the PCP camo? I wore it for the first half of my rotation to Takistan, got me this far. :drinking:

hehe I never said that

• Haha 1

If my vote means anything, I would love to see continued work on the French stuff. I love your original M93 CCE uniform and it would be amazing if you expanded into vests, but that's just my opinion 

also if my vote matters, i would like to see more FROG,. G3 and ACU, in my opinion BDU's looks kinda outdated compared to actual military equpiment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Savage_Donkey said:

What about the possibility of retexturing RHS's boonie model?  

+1 to this, those boonies look great. Also, to make a pretty far-out suggestion, maybe Russian camo patterns on M93s? Got the idea after I saw your album with the OTK chestrigs. I love using them, but they don't really fit RHS's Russian uniforms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Savage_Donkey said:

What about the possibility of retexturing RHS's boonie model?  

its been thrown around, but I've never really had the desire to do it, probably becajse I never really use boonie hats.

17 minutes ago, Georg_Ravioli said:

+1 to this, those boonies look great. Also, to make a pretty far-out suggestion, maybe Russian camo patterns on M93s? Got the idea after I saw your album with the OTK chestrigs. I love using them, but they don't really fit RHS's Russian uniforms.

the idea crossed my mind when I was playing around with those rigs on the BDUs. we'll see I guess. I feel as though outside of using them with the OTK rigs they'd have no purpose. 

https://imgur.com/a/MtOqS

update for whoever cares enough:

I've matched the DPMs to 3cb DPM successfully, and I'm quite satisfied with the result. Also have M12 vests working. I have decided that I should provide enough for a full basic kit for every country: a helmet, uniform, and a vest. Exclusions to this will be Iran, Turkey, the UK, and Greece. I plan to include Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Ireland, The United Kingdom, Canada, and Norway. In depth plans for each country detailed in the spoiler. If there is anything outlined that you think should change, let me know!!!

Spoiler

-Denmark

M93 uniforms in M/84 and M/11 patterns

M12 vest in M/84 and M/11 patterns

PASGT helmet in M/84 and M/11 patterns

-Netherlands

M93 uniforms in woodland and desert patterns

M12 vest in woodland pattern

PASGT helmet in woodland and desert patterns

-Belgium

M93 uniforms in Jigsaw and desert Jigsaw patterns

Harness in Olive/Jigsaw pattern

PASGT helmet in Jigsaw and desert Jigsaw patterns

-France

M93 uniforms in Centre Europe and Daguet patterns

Harness in Centre Europe pattern

PASGT helmet in Centre Europe and Daguet patterns

-Ireland

M93 uniforms in DPM and desert DPM patterns

M12 vest in DPM pattern

PASGT helmets in DPM and desert DPM patterns

-United Kingdom

M93 uniforms in DPM temperate, DPM woodland, and DPM desert

(everything else outsourced the 3CB, sorry to those who don't use it)

-Canada

M93 uniforms in CADPAT and CADPAT-AR patterns

M12 vest in CADPAT pattern

PASGT helmet in CADPAT and CADPAT-AR patterns

-Norway

G3 uniforms in M/98 pattern

M12 vest in M/98 pattern

FAST helmet in M/98 pattern

NOTE: in some references I've seen armed forces of countries like Belgium and France using generic vests in coyote. There will generic M12s vests in the main pbo that can be  used for these countries to portray more recent deployments.

Each country will be more or less self-contained, in its own .pbo, having no external dependencies aside from the RHS complete pack. So it should be fairly modular. There will be a legacy .pbo where old stuff I don't like sits, and a misc .pbo where new requests may go, if I decide there's enough to warrant it. A few small things that should be hopefully inconsequential will be ditched entirely. I am thinking about putting flag patches on the uniforms, I've got a poll here so you can let me know. I finally added myself as author of the mod and gave the mod a logo and all that. I patterned the logo off RHS's logos, grey because its a bunch of generic stuff, and a plus sign because its a bunch of extra stuff. If you don't like it suggest something better. I'm working on and off and quite slowly but wsxcgy's RHS retextures v2.0 should be out before 2018.

• Like 3

Loving the mod, keep up the great work! I voted for not having the flag patches to allow for flexible use of the gear, but I can imagine players from countries that get less attention would appreciate them. Why not both?
I also assume that you did your due diligence and got permission for the icon. There was an iranian mod on SW recently that did something similar and changed it at RHS's request. Just a heads up.

3 hours ago, jetset22a said:

Loving the mod, keep up the great work! I voted for not having the flag patches to allow for flexible use of the gear, but I can imagine players from countries that get less attention would appreciate them. Why not both?
I also assume that you did your due diligence and got permission for the icon. There was an iranian mod on SW recently that did something similar and changed it at RHS's request. Just a heads up.

If they come after me, I will gladly change it, though I don't see how it would directly infringe on any of the IP of RHS. Appreciate the heads up though, I may want to consider changing it.

edit : changed !~ wTr4bni.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jdownward said:

Brilliant help mate, would love the frog uniform having a rolled sleeves version

Unfortunately, that is not possible.