wsxcgy

wsxcgy's Extra RHS Uniform Re-textures 2.1.1

3 minutes ago, polish_troll said:

Hi! I was wondering would it be possible to add a desert CADPAT pattern?

I tried, but CADPAT AR differs from regular CADPAT so I couldn't derive it from the normal version andI havent found a good pattern sample. I can try again.

Any possibility of Russian vests/helmets in that rose/coyote color? Would go excellently with the EMR-Autumn you put in, for some modern desert camo.

45a3zGARZ1k.jpg

1 hour ago, Georg_Ravioli said:

Any possibility of Russian vests/helmets in that rose/coyote color? Would go excellently with the EMR-Autumn you put in, for some modern desert camo.

Maybe I'll make a desert set. Shouldn't be too hard.

Perhaps you can make the RHS CDF digital camo pattern introduced with GREF? On both the Gorka and the M93...? I'd make it myself but when I play around with configs as soon as I start adding multiple classes it causes a ctd and I'm far too busy figuring out 3D modeling stuff to focus on that at the moment :P Seriously, I make a new pbo specifically for every new addon I make with only individual p3d's because I am that inept at it :P Hell actually, I can make the whole template myself and send it to you through gmail or whatever if that's something you'd be interested in, I'd be more than happy to help with your project. 

18 minutes ago, wendyvonbraun said:

Perhaps you can make the RHS CDF digital camo pattern introduced with GREF? On both the Gorka and the M93...? I'd make it myself but when I play around with configs as soon as I start adding multiple classes it causes a ctd and I'm far too busy figuring out 3D modeling stuff to focus on that at the moment :P Seriously, I make a new pbo specifically for every new addon I make with only individual p3d's because I am that inept at it :P Hell actually, I can make the whole template myself and send it to you through gmail or whatever if that's something you'd be interested in, I'd be more than happy to help with your project. 

l've wanted something more done with the camo on those vests. I would probably just do M88 and Gorka unis. I'm very irked by the incoherent and random nature of sruff in the pack, I need a system of separating things yet also centralizing things. It feels so messy and unprofessional. Anyone have any suggestions? Should I just keep it how it is? For instance, with the Norwegian stuff, I feel it kind of stands out from the rest in that its got the Opscores to match, I feel the need to separate them from the random heap of other stuff and distinguish them, same with the would-be russian desert stuff. I don't know how to articulate my discontent. A template of what exactly?

1 minute ago, wsxcgy said:

l've wanted something more done with the camo on those vests. I would probably just do M88 and Gorka unis. I'm very irked by the incoherent and random nature of sruff in the pack, I need a system of separating things yet also centralizing things. It feels so messy and unprofessional. Anyone have any suggestions? Should I just keep it how it is? For instance, with the Norwegian stuff, I feel it kind of stands out from the rest in that its got the Opscores to match, I feel the need to separate them from the random heap of other stuff and distinguish them, same with the would-be russian desert stuff. I don't know how to articulate my discontent.

I think that would require creating faction classes and separating them individually.

2 minutes ago, wendyvonbraun said:

I think that would require creating faction classes and separating them individually.

Also, a template of what exactly were you referring to? 

Just now, wsxcgy said:

Also, a template of what exactly were you referring to? 

I was simply saying to make things simpler, I could help create textures if need be.

1 minute ago, wendyvonbraun said:

I was simply saying to make things simpler, I could help create textures if need be.

Oh, creating textures is no problem for me, but thanks for the offer. 

20 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

https://m.imgur.com/a/qLxm1

Did some reference hunting, it looks justifiably unique. I will make some. I also want to make some vanilla LBH retextures, very generic and underrated. Thinking olive drab, DPM, Dutch DPM, US Woodland, and maybe AAF digi.

What about Irish DPM? Quite different and a rather nice looking camo, if i say so myself :)

Image result for irish army

• Like 1

An idea I had is putting countrys' abbreviations in parenthesis before the item and maybe making the item icons the countrys' flags. Then things are recognizably grouped and coherent. Nonspecific stuff would probably retain original icons and names, like most of the G3 uniforms, the SPCs, and the tan and multicam Opscores. Any thoughts? 

• Like 1

Just now, ineptaphid said:

What about Irish DPM? Quite different and a rather nice looking camo, if i say so myself :)

I'll see if I can find a pattern online of find a way to accurately simulate it, lack of camo resources tends to be a problem for a lot of uniforms. A decent number of camos here I had to make myself. 

2 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

An idea I had is putting countrys' abbreviations in parenthesis before the item and maybe making the item icons the countrys' flags. Then things are recognizably grouped and coherent. Nonspecific stuff would probably retain original icons and names, like most of the G3 uniforms, the SPCs, and the tan and multicam Opscores. 

I'm fond of that idea.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

An idea I had is putting countrys' abbreviations in parenthesis before the item and maybe making the item icons the countrys' flags. Then things are recognizably grouped and coherent. Nonspecific stuff would probably retain original icons and names, like most of the G3 uniforms, the SPCs, and the tan and multicam Opscores. Any thoughts? 

Sounds good to me, the way the German stuff is organized is quite nice.

While we're on the topic of reorganizing, think you might make the config values of the uniforms match the RHS originals? I personally like stuffing a bunch of medkits in the uniforms (for AI in Dynamic Recon Ops), but I also understand if you're intentionally making the uniforms carry less. If you want, I have a config patch for the uniforms I can hand to you.

7 hours ago, Georg_Ravioli said:

Sounds good to me, the way the German stuff is organized is quite nice.

While we're on the topic of reorganizing, think you might make the config values of the uniforms match the RHS originals? I personally like stuffing a bunch of medkits in the uniforms (for AI in Dynamic Recon Ops), but I also understand if you're intentionally making the uniforms carry less. If you want, I have a config patch for the uniforms I can hand to you.

I've had other complaints about carry weight, I usually put no more than a couple cable ties,  a couple bandages, some morphine, and a CAT in there so I never noticed. I can boost it I suppose.  But you could also just bring a backpack and load that up right?

With a backpack you can carry a whole bunch of cats. meow

15 minutes ago, C.T said:

With a backpack you can carry a whole bunch of cats. meow

Sounds like that could compromise OPSEC, you wouldn't want to let the cat out of the bag.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

Sounds like that could compromise OPSEC, you wouldn't want to let the cat out of the bag.

I logged on, woke myself up at this ridiculously early hour (9 AM! Like an animal!), and replied just to say that is the worst pun I've heard in a week.

I'm so proud ;___;

Oh and thanks for filling an oft-overlooked niche in addons with these really nice retextures, I didn't know I needed these but now I can't play without them, etc. That too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Georg_Ravioli said:

One more thing I forgot to ask: M/98 PASGT helmets

Sure

• Like 1

Well, can i request, maybe something odd. RHS had good old FROG uniform in M81 bring it back!, as someone higher said desert set of RHS Russians, i mean 6b23 vests, esspecialy with custom 116sh (???) and maybe if you can desert 6B47, and i last thing maybe some polish WZ?

5 hours ago, mihal190 said:

Well, can i request, maybe something odd. RHS had good old FROG uniform in M81 bring it back!, as someone higher said desert set of RHS Russians, i mean 6b23 vests, esspecialy with custom 116sh (???) and maybe if you can desert 6B47, and i last thing maybe some polish WZ?

The desert set was planned to include an updated Gorka texture, 6B23 x 6Sh116   and 6B23 x 6Sh116(VOG) vests, and 6B7 helmets. The current frog uniform in RHS is a new model? I think so even though the old M81 is still there, I don't think I could really re config it in. As for polish gear, I recommend PSZ. My re-textures can't compare to their great original uniforms, along with the multitude of other stuff the mod offers.

• Like 1

On 21.5.2017 at 2:24 PM, wsxcgy said:

I've had other complaints about carry weight, I usually put no more than a couple cable ties,  a couple bandages, some morphine, and a CAT in there so I never noticed. I can boost it I suppose.  But you could also just bring a backpack and load that up right?

The Crye G3s should roughly fit 2 Magazine Sized Objects and 2 Cats (That would fit in the big pockets, although they're made for 0.5l Bottles), and I would say one small object like ACE Bandages or something similar for every other pocket.

So like 10 small objects and 2 Mags + CATs?

Paddy cam ETA next year :icon_biggrin:

ENfFEZw.jpg