wsxcgy

wsxcgy's Extra RHS Uniform Re-textures 2.1.1

23 minutes ago, krait12 said:

Could something like this be done for the Tanoan gendarmerie 

You could use the Navy uniform in this pack and the Apex gendarmerie berets.

1 hour ago, deathwatch4 said:

So, what's next on the agenda for this mod? Still taking request? ;)

Might make some backpacks and some different vests. I'm still willing to consider requests that are within reason as always, but as far as development goes, it has kind of stagnated. 

I'd love to see the SPC's and PASGT's in all the camos as well. But that's just personal preference.

Are these still on the table? 

1 hour ago, deathwatch4 said:

I'd love to see the SPC's and PASGT's in all the camos as well. But that's just personal preference.

Are these still on the table? 

I've been thinking about adding Finnish stuff but some of those other ones I'm not sure about doing. UCP Delta was very sparsely and briefly tested, I think in this thread it was earlier discussed how Japanese and Korean forces are impossible right now so their camos won't happen (but the second someone makes Type 89 or K-2 rifle addons, that might change), I don't want to do winter anything because the Gorkas and M93s don't have gloves and the G3s have rolled sleeves (not good or realistic for cold environment). I supposed Czech camo would be doable though. I probably won't be making SPCs in any other camos, and the PASGTs are there for pretty much all M93s except French, DPM, SLA, and Rhodesian because they use helmets way too different or don't really use helmets at all in the case of Rhodesia.

I kind of want to make a bunch of M93s in some random camos that don't make any sense just because they look cool and fun, like that one you have sent with the red. WS Fictional Pack or something. Stepping outside of my binding commitment to as much accruacy as possible with what I've got is somewhat attractive.

I'm wondering if I should change the names to something more generic like Comabt Uniform for the M93, Kevlar Helmet for the PASGT, Plate Carrier for the SPC, ect. Also, the SPCs without camelbaks have a shadow error on the back because I just hid a hiddenselections instead of changing the model which I cannot do and I don't think I can fix it without, does this bother you guys and I should remove them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wsxcgy said:

I've been thinking about adding Finnish stuff but some of those other ones I'm not sure about doing. UCP Delta was very sparsely and briefly tested, I think in this thread it was earlier discussed how Japanese and Korean forces are impossible right now so their camos won't happen (but the second someone makes Type 89 or K-2 rifle addons, that might change), I don't want to do winter anything because the Gorkas and M93s don't have gloves and the G3s have rolled sleeves (not good or realistic for cold environment). I supposed Czech camo would be doable though. I probably won't be making SPCs in any other camos, and the PASGTs are there for pretty much all M93s except French, DPM, SLA, and Rhodesian because they use helmets way too different or don't really use helmets at all in the case of Rhodesia.

I kind of want to make a bunch of M93s in some random camos that don't make any sense just because they look cool and fun, like that one you have sent with the red. WS Fictional Pack or something. Stepping outside of my binding commitment to as much accruacy as possible with what I've got is somewhat attractive.

I'm wondering if I should change the names to something more generic like Comabt Uniform for the M93, Kevlar Helmet for the PASGT, Plate Carrier for the SPC, ect. Also, the SPCs without camelbaks have a shadow error on the back because I just hid a hiddenselections instead of changing the model which I cannot do and I don't think I can fix it without, does this bother you guys and I should remove them?

Well, I know the Japan Units by GoticWar have Type-89's. Although I don't know if that justifies it lol. Most South Korean and Japanese Special Forces use M4's I believe. At the end of the day, it's your mod.

As for keeping with accuracy, I don't mind fictional and realistic patterns mixed. I like the variety lol.

• Like 1

A small bug report: The Crye G3 in Flecktarn and Tropentarn seem to be missing after the 1.70 Update.

19 minutes ago, Eagle1992 said:

A small bug report: The Crye G3 in Flecktarn and Tropentarn seem to be missing after the 1.70 Update.

It shouldn't be a bug, I removed them from the pack in an update yesterday. I improved the textures and changed the the class structure a bit, perhaps I should have kept them the same classes. They ard along side Flecktarn and Tropentarn retextures of the M93 uniforms, M97 helmets, and Ops Core FAST Helmets. There's more to come from this little offshoot which is why it stands alone. Sorry for thr inconvenience. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

It shouldn't be a bug, I removed them from the pack in an update yesterday. I improved the textures and changed the the class structure a bit, perhaps I should have kept them the same classes. They ard along side Flecktarn and Tropentarn retextures of the M93 uniforms, M97 helmets, and Ops Core FAST Helmets. There's more to come from this little offshoot which is why it stands alone. Sorry for thr inconvenience. 

Is there a specific reason why the G3s where removed? I mean Crye produces Flecktarn and Tropentarn G3s (Extremely expensive but still).

http://www.tacwrk.com/en/crye-precision-g3-combat-pants-flecktarn-18069

3 minutes ago, Eagle1992 said:

Is there a specific reason why the G3s where removed? I mean Crye produces Flecktarn and Tropentarn G3s (Extremely expensive but still).

http://www.tacwrk.com/en/crye-precision-g3-combat-pants-flecktarn-18069

They still exist, just in the different addon. The addon is together with everything in the workshop version because the workshop doesn't do modularirty well and I don't want to add a lot of file pages. From google drive, its in the @GAF addon. I also stupidly, on top of changing classes, took the crye out of the name so now its just "Gen 3 <pattern>". 

On 5/13/2017 at 4:15 PM, wsxcgy said:

Maybe I'm wrong here but I'm pretty sure that Portugese DPM is a direct copy of British DPM, and I've already got that in the pack. Their desert pattern is fairly different though I guess. I just don't see any point in soing the same thing twice. If there's any significant color difference, let me know.

Ok i see it but it doesn't look like the British DPM or the Portuguese DPM, at least to me.

This is what the Portuguese Military use:

foto-joc3a3o-xavier-comandos.jpg

13 minutes ago, deathwatch4 said:

Any chance of some black SPC's? Also, what about the RHS: SAF M10 uniform?

I never thought of a black one. I like that idea. I can't promise  anything for the M10, theres a couple things about it that turn me off.

• Like 1

The M10 I believe is the one with the weird neck.

I like the black SPC idea as well. These vests work great with the stuff im working on!

Just a thought, what about expanding on the uniforms with some hats...

-Boonie

-Field cap

-Mil cap

-Ball cap

Lovely re-skins mate! Opens up a lot of potential for mission makers. I think Dutch DPM would be a nice addition too.

38 minutes ago, C.T said:

The M10 I believe is the one with the weird neck.

I like the black SPC idea as well. These vests work great with the stuff im working on!

Just a thought, what about expanding on the uniforms with some hats...

-Boonie

-Field cap

-Mil cap

-Ball cap

Yes, thats the M10. A few patterns might maybe get some hats but I really don't want to make a lot of hats, I don't personally use hats very often. 

21 minutes ago, tokyoindia said:

Lovely re-skins mate! Opens up a lot of potential for mission makers. I think Dutch DPM would be a nice addition too.

I think the Dutch DPM is very much like the Portuguese DPM in that it is very much the same as British DPM

P3A6aW1.jpgFrom left to right: Portuguese, British, Dutch. British and Portuguese are literally the same in color and shape. It is worth noting that the lighting on the Dutch is not much like the other two. Despite that, the Dutch does indeed have a more yellow background and the shapes are a little different, but I think the differences are fairly negligible. I just worry that if I made a new uniform in one of these patterns, they will appear no different from the DPM I've already made and it would be a general waste of resources. I can look at some references of Dutch forces and see how it looks in normal light and on their uniforms and determine if its an effort worthwhile. Glad you like them. I hoped to provide something that would help expand the pool of militaries one could use and make them something better looking and more true-to life than the same old boring vanilla NATO notCrye uniforms and the AAF Massif uniforms with the notPASGT helmets.

The digi woodland and digi desert I'd request for hats.

Ya, I don't blame you for staying away from the M10. lol

1 minute ago, C.T said:

The digi woodland and digi desert I'd request for hats.

Ya, I don't blame you for staying away from the M10. lol

If only the collar was just a little more snug! 

I guess I can make a couple patrol caps and maybe some boonies, may not be universal across patterns. Backburner project probaby, because as I mentioned, not a personal priority. Lately whenever I have free time I find this project taking it, I'd also like to play the game a little haha. Right now I think I'm going to make some random fake or non-specific camos for fake or non-specific troops, I still want to try SAF M98 and M99 vests even though I'm not sure what patterns I'll put on them because I thought their woodland patterns were pretty generic and useful, and I also want to throw together tactical backpack retextures, probably in green, tan, black, woodland, and multicam.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

Yes, thats the M10. A few patterns might maybe get some hats but I really don't want to make a lot of hats, I don't personally use hats very often. 

I think the Dutch DPM is very much like the Portuguese DPM in that it is very much the same as British DPM

P3A6aW1.jpgFrom left to right: Portuguese, British, Dutch. British and Portuguese are literally the same in color and shape. It is worth noting that the lighting on the Dutch is not much like the other two. Despite that, the Dutch does indeed have a more yellow background and the shapes are a little different, but I think the differences are fairly negligible. I just worry that if I made a new uniform in one of these patterns, they will appear no different from the DPM I've already made and it would be a general waste of resources. I can look at some references of Dutch forces and see how it looks in normal light and on their uniforms and determine if its an effort worthwhile. Glad you like them. I hoped to provide something that would help expand the pool of militaries one could use and make them something better looking and more true-to life than the same old boring vanilla NATO notCrye uniforms and the AAF Massif uniforms with the notPASGT helmets.

They are indeed very close! I'm no expert but I believe the biggest different between dutch and brit dpm is as you mentioned the slightly yellower hue and the brit version has the little spots around the black where as the dutch doesn't. I totally understand where you are coming from boss and will say no more on the matter ;)

But as I said, wonderful addition, recently Ive been playing around making various NATO themed peace keeping missions and high quality packs like this are a blessing! Thanks again :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tokyoindia said:

They are indeed very close! I'm no expert but I believe the biggest different between dutch and brit dpm is as you mentioned the slightly yellower hue and the brit version has the little spots around the black where as the dutch doesn't. I totally understand where you are coming from boss and will say no more on the matter ;)

But as I said, wonderful addition, recently Ive been playing around making various NATO themed peace keeping missions and high quality packs like this are a blessing! Thanks again :)

https://m.imgur.com/a/qLxm1

Did some reference hunting, it looks justifiably unique. I will make some. I also want to make some vanilla LBH retextures, very generic and underrated. Thinking olive drab, DPM, Dutch DPM, US Woodland, and maybe AAF digi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wsxcgy said:

https://m.imgur.com/a/qLxm1

Did some reference hunting, it looks justifiably unique. I will make some. I also want to make some vanilla LBH retextures, very generic and underrated. Thinking olive drab, DPM, Dutch DPM, US Woodland, and maybe AAF digi.

That is a great idea! Looking forward to the results. Ive spent all morning throwing togeather some Belgium units and Ive gotta say I'm loving it.

• Like 1

This is PCP isn`t it?

PrehistoricCamouflagePattern.

If i remember correct it was used in Southwesteast Germany a few years ago.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, schaefer said:

This is PCP isn`t it?

PrehistoricCamouflagePattern.

If i remember correct it was used in Southwesteast Germany a few years ago.

That is actually precisely what it is, good eye. Happy to see people with at least a *little* historical knowledge. 

• Like 2