DanShowsNoMercy

Insane stuttering makes the game unplayable

I'm running a GTX 970 and an i7 6700, my fps is high at 40. However, the stuttering on multiplayer is absolutely RIDICULOUS, making it absolutely unplayable. My game would freeze for seconds at a time and this happens very often. I hear this can be solved by getting an SSD, but I can't get one right now. Is there any way I can fix this without getting an SSD?

If your game does not stutter in single player, but it stutters in multiplayer,

what makes you come to the conclusion that this needs an SSD to solve?

That's like throwing car keys in a river, run a few miles downstream and try to start the car with the water.

Most missions are scripted badly, with poor knowledge or no care about script performance.

Try out a few servers, not all of them have terrible performance.

The ones that don't usually are full.

Cheers

• Like 7

7 hours ago, DanShowsNoMercy said:

I'm running a GTX 970 and an i7 6700, my fps is high at 40. However, the stuttering on multiplayer is absolutely RIDICULOUS, making it absolutely unplayable. My game would freeze for seconds at a time and this happens very often. I hear this can be solved by getting an SSD, but I can't get one right now. Is there any way I can fix this without getting an SSD?

Don't play on a full server that's full of modded content.

• Like 2

...and turn down your settings. BIS will let you melt your PC if you max out any number of variables. It's about balancing your experience, and finding the sweet-spot for your style and rig.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DanShowsNoMercy said:

This problem didn't go away for me without SSD and more RAM. Not sure if you need more RAM, but SSD is almost essential

What causes stuttering is either a disk that can't keep up, RAM that can't keep up or badly coded scripts that are coded in such a way that they cause stutters. You can check for the first two by using something like the Resource Monitor in Windows, but the last one requires you to test the mission for it. You should check if this happens in all kinds of missions.

19 hours ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

I wouldn't say "essential", though it does make a noticeable difference. The first 3 comments following the OP are spot on. 

Oh yeah, I should have said essential for me instead.

My HDD and RAM were literally killing my experience before upgrading.

On 4/29/2017 at 10:44 PM, DanShowsNoMercy said:

I had the same issues when my windows 10 would default to balanced mode a while back. Have you tried setting windows to performance mode in settings, and also your gpu to performance? 

Sometimes something simple like zooming and spinning a full 360 in game helped me.before. Maybe play around your launch parameters, and/or lower your draw distance like the other posters suggested. Anyway good luck.  

Some mod needs to pin a thread detailing how A) Everyone's performance is different B) There are things you can do about it C) Did you try restarting your modem? 

Probably necroing an old thread, but as I recently ran into this problem myself and found an easy solution, I thought I would share.  If your game is running smooth and then suddenly begins to stutter, try toggling between screen modes, ie: windowed full screen to full screen and back again.  This solved my problem.  Hopefully this helps someone else.

• Thanks 1