sasha013

Malden DLC 2035 - Official Feedback Post

18 minutes ago, odie0351 said:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/764896571141316766/8C0C20E4184B9B00B6A6445F72BE93974B914406/

I know it's likely never gonna be anything more than a wrecked prop, but I seriously hope this is a teaser for a future static AA emplacement.

Oh, agreed! I don't know why exactly, but something about the design screams to me that it originally was a mount for a rail gun. There's graffiti on the side that implies it's taken down infantry as much as it has aircraft (reminds me of a pic I saw of a Flak88 barrel just the other day), and, well, yeah that could mean that it's just a bigger brother of the Praetorian, I just wonder whether BIS may be trying to revive the early rail gun concept they had for the Tanks DLC?

And maybe confirm HL3 at the same time.

I dunno, it's fun to speculate! :P

• Like 4

5 hours ago, odie0351 said:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/764896571141316766/8C0C20E4184B9B00B6A6445F72BE93974B914406/

I know it's likely never gonna be anything more than a wrecked prop, but I seriously hope this is a teaser for a future static AA emplacement.

Reminds me a lot of the static cannon emplacements from Arma mobile operations.

Actually, given the poster that's inside one of the ruined domes, that's probably exactly what it is.

in regards to the "visual update" feedback and especially concerns about night lighting on altis/stratis/tanoa, how dark are the nights on malden?

how "playable" is full moon, 0% / 25% / 50% overcast without nv goggles?

Should be nice to give a review to malden and replace the old buildings with no windows at the sides of the houses.

There are some buildings that should have windows, specially the ones that are close to roads that lead to towns. Is a natural place to cover the arrival of enemy vehicles from.

DPj8WRb.jpg

• Like 2

The new version of malden is superb: congratulations to those who have placed the addons on the virtual ground and especially the rocks, whose layout is extremely realistic.

• Like 2

I was searching for a Malden thread in the dev subforum until I found pettkas post pointing us here... I think nobody will easily find this thread here easily.

I think it's well sized, I'll probably prefer to play on it... over Altis/Stratis. Very well done. Additionally some italian vibes due to some trees... Looks very realistic. Some nice variety in buildings and windows. The Dome area is nice, pretty much Fallout style.

For those interested and haven't tried Malden on the dev-branch yet (it's about a 5.5 gig download), I've put together a little cinematic trailer for you all! :-)

Spoiler

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, CallMehTOMMEH said:

For those interested and haven't tried Malden on the dev-branch yet (it's about a 5.5 gig download), I've put together a little cinematic trailer for you all! :-)

Reveal hidden contents

Even if one has downloaded the map already, watch this trailer! Amazing piece of art!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, R3vo said:

Even if one has downloaded the map already, watch this trailer! Amazing piece of art!

Oh man, you're too kind haha. I'm glad you liked it!! 

Out of curiosity, which was your favourite shot?

Edit: R3vo, I've just realised you created the 3den Enhanced addon! I used it to make parts of the video haha! For example, the timelapse of the fishing village, and some of the increased view distance shots! Credit to you for a fantastic mod!

Edited by CallMehTOMMEH
Referencing another user
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, CallMehTOMMEH said:

Oh man, you're too kind haha. I'm glad you liked it!! 

Out of curiosity, which was your favourite shot?

My favorite shot? Definitely 1.58 to 2.15. The road above the fog was just awesome.

Edit: R3vo, I've just realised you created the 3den Enhanced addon! I used it to make parts of the video haha! For example, the timelapse of the fishing village, and some of the increased view distance shots! Credit to you for a fantastic mod!

If my mod helped you by creating such a great trailer, than it is worth all the time I have been spending on it.

• Like 2

On 2017-6-1 at 2:11 PM, tortuosit said:

I was searching for a Malden thread in the dev subforum until I found pettkas post pointing us here... I think nobody will easily find this thread here easily.

Yeah I get the feeling not many people know this is the feedback thread. To be honest, if it wasn't for Pettka's link I would've never gone to this subforum.

10 hours ago, Bitesrad said:

Yeah I get the feeling not many people know this is the feedback thread. To be honest, if it wasn't for Pettka's link I would've never gone to this subforum.

Perhaps then there should be a thread on dev branch.   That is the testing grounds as it were and that subforum is more likely to be checked, and more active due to he constant traffic.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nodunit said:

Perhaps then there should be a thread on dev branch.   That is the testing grounds as it were and that subforum is more likely to be checked, and more active due to he constant traffic.

I have edited the post and initial comment. Hopefully that should help a little. 

• Like 1

On 2017-6-6 at 7:15 AM, nodunit said:

Would seem like the logical place. A link to this subforum would help a lot I think.

island is realy nice to look at, i'm curious how it will turn out gameplay wise.

nevertheless i have made a small list of flaws i have found:

an ugly step in the pier parts (part is rotated to much)

Spoiler

8DA692B8BD9A89F5565CFCD9F7932C2B2BC94504

DE53A9D4D85CF79A73C2B622F08549CBF98A9C71

some sand texture that looks ugly there

Spoiler

421D8A06E2D235A70337AB17691D296E7B99DDBD

8B4A54173E4C72536584007520970827160145FA

a small gap between the concrete and the metal piers

Spoiler

8E52C562D68163C82F069EF33F742B2FA22FEBDA

07A0B75C9B1D3A49DACC2AFFF6554A3E0BEAC8CC

(realy minor issue) the curbs overlaping to have small ugly steps, and the grass is clipping through them

Spoiler

66BC28B3B07402CC69C7FE2577FAC3067BE43275

0879BD011D760A3BA57A86ADBD8A31B245AA8007

• Like 1

Issues with level of terrain vs floor level of the Military Offices building at the docks in La Rivieire.

14 minutes ago, esfumato said:

Malden objects don't adapt to terrain in eden editor.

Care to explain further, which objects specifically? 

Don't want to create a ticket for something so minor.  Happy to have a new map!  Reminds me of hill country in central Texas.

That said, if I take cover here, or AI does-- don't want to get killed, or be able to shoot baddies if some rocks/boulders are... 'decorative' the right word?

Known issue?

_A3_Malden_ClipRockSS02_zpstr4p8bqe.png

What that @ 1.46

4 hours ago, R3vo said:

What that @ 1.46

Currently it's a static vehicle in Project Argo that belongs to the Cloud Corporation (Blufor)...

QoNJTc4.jpg