tranceakustika

Road error and geometry over 50 meters on ships

13 minutes ago, m1lkm8n said:

You have to send half the ship to a proxy. 

What LODS should I send to the proxy
- only the geometry and the road or the model itself.

I applied a proxy to the road, but I still fall into the water beyond 60 meters!

Can have instructions?

Какие ЛОДЫ мне отправить в прокси
- только геометрию и дорогу или саму модель тоже.?

я применял прокси к дороге но я всё равно падаю в воду дальше 60 метров !

You need to split the road lod into two p3d models at least. Then in your vehicles init eventhandler you need to provide a script that combines the p3ds into one (static) model. You can find examples for doing this on dev branch for the new USS Freedom carrier, or in the Nimitz mod, or in the Iowa mod. 

Using a proxy does not eliminate the road lod limit, so your models either need to share a common [0,0,0] coordinate or you center the models on their own origin and provide a mem point to place them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

You need to split the road lod into two p3d models at least. Then in your vehicles init eventhandler you need to provide a script that combines the p3ds into one (static) model. You can find examples for doing this on dev branch for the new USS Freedom carrier, or in the Nimitz mod, or in the Iowa mod. 

Using a proxy does not eliminate the road lod limit, so your models either need to share a common [0,0,0] coordinate or you center the models on their own origin and provide a mem point to place them. 

Thanks, I've already unearthed the Iowa mod!!!

But even the developers of ARMA3 are stupid!!!,
Why only 50 meters?, why such a limitation?

It's not an intended limit by choice. It's tied into the game engine complexities.

• Like 1