Mitchisaac

Logic Entites documentation

I am looking for documentation on for the logic entities under the modules section of the editor. I am wondering what the Locations are used for also the Lock and unlock entities and how to use the logical AND and Logical OR.

Image of entities in question http://imgur.com/nSw037H

So there is no documentation for theses anywhere? It's a shame BI add them in the editor then offer no explanation and fail to remove them if they are deprecated (which it seems they are).

From what I can gather It seems they have no default behavior and are just duplicates Game Logic object with alternative an name.

Just now, Mitchisaac said:

So there is no documentation for theses anywhere? It's a shame BI add them in the editor then offer no explanation and fail to remove them if they are deprecated (which it seems they are).

die-hard-quotes.jpg?quality=100&w=650

7 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

die-hard-quotes.jpg?quality=100&w=650

I guessed this would be the case but after 20 year of software development I'm still surprised.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mitchisaac said:

It's a shame BI add them in the editor then offer no explanation and fail to remove them if they are deprecated (which it seems they are).

They are not deprecated they are what they are a game logic with a specific className.

If you wanted certain locations in your mission rather than keeping large arrays of positions or using markers/locations you can place these logics (specially the loaction#_f variants) and search for them by classname.

As per the thread you were given both MiscOR_F and MiscAND_F can be used along with the spawnAI module for adding spawn positions.

MiscLOCK_F an MiscUNLOCK_F have uses with sectors for locking/unlocking stuff (respawn position etc) when captured by a side.

These use to be documented in the old editor under the show info for spawnAI and sector modules, which you can still see by pressing ctrl+O on the editor map selection screen and place said modules and view the show info on the insert module dialog.

The show info has just not been ported to Eden, as was, due to the fact it used a map control which do not operate properly in ctrl groups of which all the Eden property windows are.

• Like 2