Santiago Telleria

STARSHIP TROOPERS MOD!!

Hi guys of the arma 3 community, im a real fan of arma and SST, so I decide to start a disscusion with the objective of bringing together a team of people with experience in moding in the arma 3 engine.
The SST MOD could be base in the movies and also bring some stuff from the book in it. The plan is adding bugs with a similar consept of the zombie mod that has triggers to spawn the zombies and of course to créate maps and may be ships and weapons.
I really hope there is enough people interested in this, because this could be something big!

The thing about the bugs is the collision, etc.

If it's an enclosed area, or tightly knit area, such as forests in tanoa, it's gonna be really nasty for them to navigate around.

Also, why is your text highlight? Bit offsetting to read.

You should prepare yourself for some potential crankiness. :smile_o:

If you really want to get some modders on board, they usually respond more favourably to someone who's willing to do some of the work themselves. Or at the very least already has something started with a couple of colleagues. Ideas are great and there's nothing wrong with talking about them. But it's hard to interest people with just ideas.

• Like 4

I'm very open for ideas and love to see people with passion for a project, but honestly, this approach to a project/mod/whatever is very uncool in my opinion.

It's great to have an idea but reading your post it becomes very obvious that you didn't invest any time in setting up a plan or even digging into the technical side to get an overview over the scope of the project.
Creating anything that doesn't resemble a human is an enormous task and so is the "basic" integration/creation of new assets like weapons, not to speak of terrains.

So far, your post boils down to "I'd really like a group of people to work on something I want to see in ArmA"... which is legit, but belongs on the request thread.

If you see yourself as a coordinator/project lead, I'd highly advise you to first get an actual, deeper understanding of the technical side of ArmA and develop a realistic project plan that you can present to people.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Victruso said:

The thing about the bugs is the collision, etc.

If it's an enclosed area, or tightly knit area, such as forests in tanoa, it's gonna be really nasty for them to navigate around.

Also, why is your text highlight? Bit offsetting to read.

Hi victor, I know, thats the reazon im planning to create a map for such mod like planet P for example. And the reazon the post is like that is because it was first a discossion on the arma 3 steam forums and i paste it here so I transmit the same exact messege.

8 hours ago, Macser said:

You should prepare yourself for some potential crankiness. :smile_o:

If you really want to get some modders on board, they usually respond more favourably to someone who's willing to do some of the work themselves. Or at the very least already has something started with a couple of colleagues. Ideas are great and there's nothing wrong with talking about them. But it's hard to interest people with just ideas.

Hi Macser, Indead if im posting this is because im welling to do part of the work too, I´ll do the map creation (I know is the eassy part bus is because of my por skills in programing, the reazon im searching for a team). Also here you have what I have done to guive a better understanding of the consept.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=848534799 It is a consept im working on of outpost 29

4 hours ago, laxemann said:

I'm very open for ideas and love to see people with passion for a project, but honestly, this approach to a project/mod/whatever is very uncool in my opinion.

It's great to have an idea but reading your post it becomes very obvious that you didn't invest any time in setting up a plan or even digging into the technical side to get an overview over the scope of the project.
Creating anything that doesn't resemble a human is an enormous task and so is the "basic" integration/creation of new assets like weapons, not to speak of terrains.

So far, your post boils down to "I'd really like a group of people to work on something I want to see in ArmA"... which is legit, but belongs on the request thread.

If you see yourself as a coordinator/project lead, I'd highly advise you to first get an actual, deeper understanding of the technical side of ArmA and develop a realistic project plan that you can present to people.

Hi Laxemann, Im aware of what complicated can get to integrate a non human model but I also saw some one that did that already (Jurassic arma mod).

Im asking for a team not to lead them but for getting this cool idea done and if there will be some one alse to lead the proyect im ok with that, I just dont care about it, I only care of this mode to be done and I know that there will be more skilled people out there that can do a better job leading the team, Im just literally trying to put this together.

I'm not attacking you or trying to put you off posting. If anything, I'm just offering some opinions on how to get people interested. I know it's an uphill battle to get anything finished when you're working alone. The more you have to offer the more likely someone will take note. It's still no guarantee. But it does increase your chances. Good luck with it. :smile_o:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Macser said:

I'm not attacking you or trying to put you off posting. If anything, I'm just offering some opinions on how to get people interested. I know it's an uphill battle to get anything finished when you're working alone. The more you have to offer the more likely someone will take note. It's still no guarantee. But it does increase your chances. Good luck with it. :smile_o:

Apreciate your advice thanks!

On 2017-7-6 at 5:29 PM, zonekiller said:

Hi Santiago

I played Starship troopers back on the first version of Arma (It was good fun) 

Here is the link to that mod maybe someone might be able to update it to A3

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4150

That would be unwise for a number of reasons:

1. It violates the rules of this Forum

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behavior comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).

2. Colonel Well has been banned from a number of places for using stolen assets and has left the community because of it. Anyone attempting to resurrect it would be just as guilty as he was.  

If one were to recreate it, the best option would be 100% user made content and the avoidance of infringing on the Starship Trooper IP.