1chicky

arma 3 controls

what have you done to the controls in arma 3 its like trying to play on a controler but with a keyboard what was wrong with the old controls as it is you have made it hard to play with the controls  for people playing with a keyboard if i wanted to play on a controler i would have bought one but i play on a keyboard the keys make it difficult to use as keys seem to have a double function please could you make it so we have a choice keyboard or controler i used to enjoy playing arma and i have about 4000hrs of play but as the way the controls are at the moment i dont think i shall be playing no where as much why is it when you just get a game you realy like to play somthing is changed and cocks things up i have played several of the arma games and had no problem with my controls untill  now im not a controler player im a keyboard and mouse player why change a good thing it dose nothing for the game play apart from getting very frustrated because you press w to go foward and your man goes backward why make things complcated all we want to do is have fun not at the end of a game you are about ready to punch the screen in anger so please is there any chance we can have the choice to go back to the old controls give the players the choice .

yours keith chick

1 hour ago, 1chicky said:

What have you done to the controls in Arma?  It's like trying to play on a controller but with a keyboard.  What was wrong with the old controls?  As it is, you have made it hard to play with the controls for people playing with a keyboard.  If I wanted to play on a controller, I would have bought one, but I play on a keyboard.  The keys make it difficult to use as keys seem to have a double function.  Please could you make it so we have a choice for keyboard or controller?  I used to enjoy playing Arma and I have about 4000 hrs of play; but as the way the controls are at the moment, I don't think I shall be playing any more.  Why is it when you just get a game you really like to play, something is changed which cocks things up?  I have played several of the Arma games and have had no problem with my controls until now.  I'm not a controller player, I'm a keyboard and mouse player.  Why change a good thing?  It does nothing for the game play apart from getting very frustrated because you press w to go forward and your man goes backward.  Why make things complicated?  All we want to do is have fun; not punch the screen in anger. So please, is there any chance we can have the choice to go back to the old controls give the players the choice?

yours keith chick

Fixed after running it through several dead languages.

I'm not aware of anything major that was changed with controls... Do you have a controller plugged in while playing because that'll cause controller prompts to pop up.  Also, if you don't like the new controls (Apex preset?), you can always go to layouts and select the old Arma one.

I kept my old layout, which has stayed mostly the same since OFP/ArmA1.

There's plenty of presets to chose from anyway. Seems a bit much to refuse to play a game because you don't want to have to customise your own controls. 

Just switch back to the old Arma presets in the controls, and you know, don't post the same complaint in 2 separate posts.

Just change your controls? Nothing is stopping you from customizing your own