Luke_z_Brna

CZN Masaryk aircraft carrier by DonbassCZ

CZN Masaryk aircraft carrier

by DonbassCZ

What? Czechs have an aircraft carrier?

Not now but in 2020 we will have it. 

Some basic info:

Displacement: 45k tones.

Drive: 2 reactors, each with two steam turbines, supply two jet engines with a total output of 23MW.

Height: 26 metres (to surface).

Dive: 11 metres.

Maximal speed: 25 nodes (46 km/h).

Crew: 1100 - 450 vessel, 650 aviators.

Price: 62 billion Czech crowns (only vessel) thats almost 1,5 trillion US dollars.

About project:

This project is inspired by the first Czech carrier of the Masaryk class. This class is very similar to the HMS Queen Elizabeth, which serves in the Royal Navy but its smaller. The ship is currently under construction in the Chinese shipyards of Changchun and its home base will be the port of Pula in Croatia.

So far i have not started with modeling, but the only thing i can give you is a picture from the Ministry of Defense about a vessel. Also iam planning to make a Gripen Future2 jet which will be able VTOL land/take off and the AW101 helicopter. Also it will have self defense system like CIWS and 30mm cannons. There will be functional lifts, both islands (command centers) na the most of the vessel. It will be driveable. :)

So here is that picture :) 

LUJRgkq.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DonbassCZ said:
What? Czechs have an aircraft carrier?

Not now but in 2020 we will have it.

This project is inspired by the first Czech carrier of the Masaryk class. This class is very similar to the HMS Queen Elizabeth, which serves in the Royal Navy but its smaller. The ship is currently under construction in the Chinese shipyards of Changchun and its home base will be the port of Pula in Croatia.

Are you sure?

Look at the article source date please :D

http://www.lidovky.cz/cesko-postavi-letadlovou-lod-masaryk-dwb-/zpravy-domov.aspx?c=A170331_211750_ln_domov_sij

• Like 2

I have been working on and off on an Independence Class LCS and I must say that, unless BIS removes the limitations in the RLOD, the many limitations of the engine won't allow a good performance of such a big object ingame unless you make it an static object.

Maybe if BIS enlarges the maximum limit of the RLOD over 60 meters and improves the simulation class man so it uses PHYSx.... but for the moment I wouldn't try to config it as a driveable object.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, (2142)gen.reaper said:

Why does a landlocked nation like the Czech Republic need a aircraft carrier? 

The idea of that carrier is that it would be something like internatinal airport for Czech allies.