mikephoenix

Armed Forces:UK Virtus Body Armour

As a good attempt, it was a very good model IMO, but if a long term rework was on the cards, those would be things I would suggest. But the mod as a whole was really, really good. It allowed British units to have a bit of choice in equipment, instead of 3CB being the only decent mod pack as for some people, there's a lot of clutter in the pack that doesn't get used too often by my milsim group at least

Change log is growing arms and legs!

1.5    - Fixed hiddenSelectionsMaterials issue where the game would no load the rvmats randomly for the uniform
    - Fixed wound rvmat switch when player is injured.
    - Uniform config rewrite (class names will be identical)
    - Uniform model tweaked so the sleaves look less tight
    - Uniform camo pattern scale tweaked
    - Scrim Helmet model tweaked
    - Scrim rvmat spec power adjested to make it less shiny
    - Fixed NVG's not showing
    - Fixed Weighting issue on the UBACS back of neck
    - Reduced camo pattern scale on daysack
    - Added webbing straps to vest models
    - Added rifles trf uniform
    - Added old scrim helmet for variance

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Phantom Hawk said:

Wow looking good. btw those are the shiniest army boots i have ever seen.

Some CO's take polishing very seriously...

Looking good, any chance we can get something on that right hip with this update so it's not empty as discussed previously dude?

Very much looking forward to this update.

1.5 Released, drop the release earlier than I antisipated, mainly because i dont have time to work on it for the next week or two so i though u might as well have the changes iv already made........Enjoy!

1.5 Change Log

- Fixed hiddenSelectionsMaterials issue where the game would no load the rvmats randomly for the uniform
    - Fixed wound rvmat switch when player is injured.
    - Uniform config rewrite (class names will be identical)
    - Uniform model tweaked so the sleaves look less tight
    - Uniform camo pattern scale tweaked
    - Scrim Helmet model tweaked
    - Scrim rvmat spec power adjested to make it less shiny
    - Fixed NVG's not showing
    - Fixed Weighting issue on the UBACS back of neck
    - Reduced camo pattern scale on daysack
    - Added webbing straps to vest models
    - Added rifles trf uniform
    - Added old scrim helemt for varience
    - Fixed the cammando/raf reg patches
    - Fixed gloss level on boots
    - Added ATO vest
    - Added 2 Uniform models with kneepads
    - Added Radio pouch/radio backpack

hE5XnmI.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Hyper Assassin14 said:

Are you planning on adding the collar or DWD spine at any point?

Yes but when I dont know

Hey, unsure if this is a bug report or intentional but with your daysack and radio the radio is in a webbing pouch on the vest, but there is no vest version with the radio?

Is this intentional or a bug?

• Like 1

Looking good Mike, amazing update!

On 17-9-2017 at 8:53 PM, TheLimbo365 said:

Hey, unsure if this is a bug report or intentional but with your daysack and radio the radio is in a webbing pouch on the vest, but there is no vest version with the radio?

Is this intentional or a bug?

To tie in with this, if the player is standing up straight the antenna is going through the daysack.

Any chance in getting the Radio in the webbing as a standalone backpack ?? (ie so the backpack is just a model of the radio antenna out the webbing

3 hours ago, jdownward said:

Any chance in getting the Radio in the webbing as a standalone backpack ?? (ie so the backpack is just a model of the radio antenna out the webbing

Or perhaps a webbing with the radio pouch instead of it being a backpack?

Also do you plan on implementing the XML and Insignia systems into your uniforms? 

Hoping to release a small update (this week/early next week) to fix a couple of bugs as i found the culprit for the floating union jack patch during home rotation training with my unit, as per someones request im adding a set of Mercian Reqiment uniforms. In addition the Mod will go through a name change to "Armed Forces:UK Virtus Body Armour System" as for future projects on British Army mods im teaming up with Uro who many of you know from the 2017 mod. He and I have started working on a British Army weapons pack, more info will be posted up on a separate thread. As for the future of this mod, I havnt finished with where i want to go with this I still have a lot more I want to do with it, but its on the back burner for a little while so I can work on the weapons pack and some vehicles. Iv spent many on hour on this and I need to keep the enjoyment factor up for myself and don't want to burn myself out working on one element of what I have planned.

1AgA8jv.png

• Like 9

Hey, I know this is, as you've stated, on the back burner now, but is there any chance of perhaps getting an update at some point to add in a uniform for the Guards? All guards regiments use the same TRF. Picture below:

Spoiler

20140130stanta02.jpg

600px-GuardsTRF.svg.png

Next update will have a pistol holster, all vest variants will have a version with and without it, will try push this out plus various little tweaks and fixes by the weekend, been too busy playing with guns/tanks/map stuff!

fd1a66e5cdab64bf47575dffb35f52b9.png

• Like 9