mikephoenix

Armed Forces:UK Virtus Body Armour

19 hours ago, MaccaUK said:

Can't seem to find the answer for this so I'll ask - the daysacks with antennas, are they TFAR compatible by any chance?

Daysacks with antennas are ECM, not radios

Electronic Counter Measures jam signals that detonate IED's 

• Like 2

Update: 

Things are progressing nicely with the new UBACS model, iv got it rigged/weighted where im about 70% happy with it. 

wA7Qs5F.jpg

G2InFRd.jpg

A4g9uTk.jpg

• Like 15

Looking quite good. The camouflage pattern scale seems to be far too large though.

• Like 2

Hi Mike, I commented on your mod on steam for the RAF Regt version of UBACS. Here are the links your requested:

Mudguard(Same as RM Cdo): $_3.JPG?set_id=2

2 Sqn RAF regt: no-2-sqn-raf-regt-1.jpg?w=232&h=300

Cheers Mike, you have made a good looking mod :thumb:

3 minutes ago, Mr T. Ingle said:

Still working hard as always Mike good job on the UBACS model but keep up the good work here a video if you are looking into more stuff might help out: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEMG0JOK0gk

Thx, I found this last night great bit of refrence

will the ubacs work with the a3 insignia system? 

Good work MP - the scaling of the TRFs/Trade Quals/Bde Flashes are looking alot more accurate with this new rig!

Are the curved patches usually found in both sides or just one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

Progress is looking great! I cannot wait to see the final release. I have linked two images related to the 4th Infantry Brigade Yorkshire Regiment TRF. The images are huge so some re-scaling is needed or if you prefer, could you list the dimensions of the absolute max a TRF can get to on your uniform? Cheers.

Left

Right

I already have 4thIB stuff from my current uniform set! So will come with the new batch next update

14 minutes ago, mikephoenix said:

Are the curved patches usually found in both sides or just one?

Mainly placed on one side only which is normally on the left side but can be seen on the right side as well

1 hour ago, Mr T. Ingle said:

Mainly placed on one side only which is normally on the left side but can be seen on the right side as well

As much as I hate standing up for the RAF Regiment and their shooting of own Osprey...

RAF AP 1358 states that RAF Regiment mudguards are to be worn on -both- sleeves, not one sleeve. @mikephoenix

Please, for the love of god can people check facts rather than google images when they request things or at the very least speak from experience. So many things that people have demanded of MP and his addon is complete tosh and inaccurate - it would save him alot of time if people would collate all of the facts and scales of items for him so he can spend more time making things that are correct rather than having to fact check everything people ask for... 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, JonnyVCB said:

As much as I hate standing up for the RAF Regiment and their shooting of own Osprey...

RAF AP 1358 states that RAF Regiment mudguards are to be worn on -both- sleeves, not one sleeve. @mikephoenix

Please, for the love of god can people check facts rather than google images when they request things or at the very least speak from experience. So many things that people have demanded of MP and his addon is complete tosh and inaccurate - it would save him alot of time if people would collate all of the facts and scales of items for him so he can spend more time making things that are correct rather than having to fact check everything people ask for... 

This is very true, I mean from a realism standpoint theres not much point even having the RAF Regt in a war game......

Then again I suppose you could add them into a FOB as a flavour piece for the start of a mission....

• Like 3

I should have everyone go thru you two haha, Vitrtus Mod Official Vetters haha

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheLimbo365 said:

This is very true, I mean from a realism standpoint theres not much point even having the RAF Regt in a war game......

Then again I suppose you could add them into a FOB as a flavour piece for the start of a mission....

In a slightly more right-wing view I've been a part of this community since Operation Flashpoint and the days of Project: UKForces and I've never quite understood the obsession with getting TRFs, wings, shoulder flashes etc. ingame anyway. It does nothing to affect the overall addon and if people want them that bad they can just go and join up to earn them...

Anyway, rant over!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JonnyVCB said:

Cheers for destroying Arma by bringing up dress regs. Now I have to uninstall. Fucking Ap1358. Next you'll be talking about AP818 :'(  ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bulajunior14 said:

Cheers for destroying Arma by bringing up dress regs. Now I have to uninstall. Fucking Ap1358. Next you'll be talking about AP818 :'(  ;)

Mate, I've got a LOAC power point and a full copy of JSP 539 if you want to burn the midnight oil together? Clothes optional, rollmats compulsory.

• Like 1

Did someone mention rollmat fighting?

Mike; with regards to the BOWMAN battle whip, I'll get those photos to you this weekend, along with some webbing references.

• Like 1

Just now, Redders said:

Did someone mention rollmat fighting?

Mike; with regards to the BOWMAN battle whip, I'll get those photos to you this weekend, along with some webbing references.

thx mate

41 minutes ago, JonnyVCB said:

Mate, I've got a LOAC power point and a full copy of JSP 539 if you want to burn the midnight oil together? Clothes optional, rollmats compulsory.

Cheeky bit of surfing on the old mattresses while your at it. Then finish off with a game of Bollocks Buckaroo on the first guy asleep. 

• Like 1

Its funny that as soon as someone mentions the RAF Reg things start to get a bit gay...

Next thing you know the Marines will show up...

In all seriousness Mike feel free to run anything you want past me, I'm not a barracks lawyer so don't expect me to quote regs, but I know my business well!

And as always keep up the good work

• Like 2

I'm giving the texture another pass, and if I don't drink too much beer on Saturday I may have a release on Sunday of the new Ubacs

• Like 4

On 2017-6-22 at 4:38 AM, TheLimbo365 said:

Its funny that as soon as someone mentions the RAF Reg things start to get a bit gay...

Next thing you know the Marines will show up...

Please try to stay on topic and clear of those sort of comments. 

Right folks......Weighting is finished! just got to do the different uniform textures! might get an update tonight/tomorrow, here's another teaser while you weight!

jJtSO7t.jpg

• Like 8