mikephoenix

Armed Forces:UK Virtus Body Armour

5 hours ago, mikephoenix said:

This is only the start! Little sneak peak into the future

New uniform model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is looking great, are you planning on doing a rolled sleeves version?

I'm getting warm just looking at that....

Just now, mikephoenix said:

as for MTP shorts, this aint NAM son, Charlie dont surf n tha.....

damn, oh well better learn to 3d model I guess

hey mr. mikephoenix, on behalf of my unit. i would like to request if you, would look into the scrim again, please
apparently its too bowl like, and i am talking about 1.2 here. its seems to be that it was modelled around the old helmet.
its looks like the scrim is on a "shell" hovering over the actual helmet. if that makes any sense.

as i prefer to use scrim helmet, i would love to see these "fixed", soonish. so i dont have to suffer from useing non scrim for too long :P

that a side, the mod looks really good, looking forward to the next update.

Edited by Cryofrost
come to realise that, it could get misunderstood

Just took a look at the new update. The face mask looks great, and I love the new scrim, it's pretty much perfect and not in need of change!

Really impressed with the effort to create a new UBACS. CUP has one that's very nice, but just a touch too wide for your Virtus and the 3cb Ospreys I want to use for missions. Can't wait for this to progress so I can start cranking out some BAF missions on the Queen's Altis hehe

I know this is asking alot, but would you be able to make the uniform with different makes of gloves (mechanix, Ockley)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

On 17/5/2017 at 11:05 PM, mikephoenix said:

Im sure I can do a set with out it!

<3

Nuff said :)

Just now, jdownward said:

I know this is asking alot, but would you be able to make the uniform with different makes of gloves (mechanix, Ockley)

at this stage il be doing ockleys only, the line has to be drawn somewhere!

• Like 2

Looking very good! I will be sure to get some more screenshots out with the new kit! 

Any plans to model the latest issue UBACS? It's called UBACS EP; the mesh centre is MTP, there isn't any padding in the sleeves, and the pockets are now velcro'd in a hollow square shape.

20476_l.jpg\

Anyways great work!!!

• Like 1

Now that this and the 3CB mods seem have matured nicely, has anyone ever created replacement config using these?

So that whenever default BAF appears in vanilla missions and/or community-made missions, the uniforms, arms and vehicles would be replaced with equivalent alternatives from MPX and/or 3CB.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2017 at 5:47 PM, JonnyVCB said:

What you refer to as 'patches' aren't worn on uniform. The Engineers one is actually the officers capbadge for their Berets the other two are Blazer Badges you put on civvie blazers.

The TRFs are almost correct, the R Signals one is actually 216 (Parachute) Signals Squadrons DZ flash, the actual Royal Signals one everyone else wears is alot smaller and similar shaped to the REME one.

Edited to add: Just for clarity, please don't put any of these 'Patches' anywhere near your addons uniforms if you want to retain real world accuracy. 

Mike asked for the TRFs to reference which corps I thought would be interesting to implement. The internet is a pretty accessible thing these days, if you want to correct it, feel free buddy.

They're just points of reference in case he needed anything more, it's his MOD. Frankly, I didn't see much on the combat fatigues (this is back when MTP was making an appearance and we moved away from the 95 kit) apart from a TRF and a specialty patch anyway. 

29 minutes ago, dale260 said:

Mike asked for the TRFs to reference which corps I thought would be interesting to implement. The internet is a pretty accessible thing these days, if you want to correct it, feel free buddy.

They're just points of reference in case he needed anything more, it's his MOD. Frankly, I didn't see much on the combat fatigues (this is back when MTP was making an appearance and we moved away from the 95 kit) apart from a TRF and a specialty patch anyway. 

It is his mod, which he wanted to be accurate - what you referenced isn't accurate hence the correction.

TRFs, trade/qualification badges and brigade flashes - what they are, where they are and how they are worn persisted throughout the transition from S95 through to PCS (MTP) both on the 'barrack' (read: old 95 design in MTP) and the blanking panels found on the lightweight jacket/smock/UBACS. This included when MTP was first rolled out in theatre when it was nothing more than MTP colours in S95 cut both shirt and trousers before transitioning to the newer first generation PCS cut of the clothing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JonnyVCB said:

It is his mod, which he wanted to be accurate - what you referenced isn't accurate hence the correction.

TRFs, trade/qualification badges and brigade flashes - what they are, where they are and how they are worn persisted throughout the transition from S95 through to PCS (MTP) both on the 'barrack' (read: old 95 design in MTP) and the blanking panels found on the lightweight jacket/smock/UBACS. This included when MTP was first rolled out in theatre when it was nothing more than MTP colours in S95 cut both shirt and trousers before transitioning to the newer first generation PCS cut of the clothing.

Few pictures to illustrate this, it's always been Corps/Regimental TRF/ISAF patch right shouder, Bde/Div flash/ISAF Patch and the Union Flag left shoulder.

DDPM CS95. OP TELIC

OP_TELIC0301024162.jpg

DDPM CS95 and MTP CS95, OP HERRICK. Lumo strip above ISAF patch on left Lt Col (same as found on cats eyes band, most likely worn on both shoulders)

40cdo-mtp01.jpg

MTP PCS, OP HERRICK. Lumo strips on both shoulders above the pockets

7836543372_f90226c67c_b.jpg

Idk what it is but finding and providing reference pictures seems to be quite enjoyable. In the name of Realism!

Just noticed that the Nvs from 3cb don't line up with the helmet.... Will we be seeing nvs

im doing my own eventually, the postion on the old helmet is a lot lower

• Like 2

It's cool man your doing a great job, even better that it's just yourself

Really nice work. Admin pouch looks great. Would love to see more variants with the single elastic mag pouches, the really tall, double stack ones just look a bit odd.

• Like 1

Would you be willing to add a wrist garmin in the NV or glasses slot?

Looking good, Mike. Will you be doing the other two ECM sets as well?