mikephoenix

Armed Forces:UK Virtus Body Armour

7 hours ago, wendyvonbraun said:

I achieved a similar effect on blender when making scrim as a glasses slot, I used the cloth animation with artifacts pertruding out the top of the helmet to add definition, did you do manually? 

I painstakingly placed all these manually. 

7 hours ago, charlie1210 said:

Definitely an improvement! A friend of mine has sent pictures of his Virtus helmet to use for reference pics if you like, it might be a bit overkill for Arma but I figured I'd send it over anyways.

reference webbing radio, here are some pics of various 354 pouches. JDownwards's video link shows them in use with virtus in the last minute or so.

hope these are of some use!

Thanks for these very useful

7 hours ago, TheLimbo365 said:

The basic rule/point of scrim is to break up the shape of your helmet (as straight lines, perfect bowls don't occur in nature)

Because of the "flatness" of your current version of the scrim your not achieving that goal

But I think as long as your managing the break up the shape your succeeding :)

In reference to the post above I would like to say that working cats eyes would be amazing! They are so useful

What the hell are cats eyes on a helmet?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mikephoenix said:

I painstakingly placed all these manually. 

Thanks for these very useful

My pleasure! I can probably ask for more pictures on helmet scrim/virtus gear as a whole if you like.

And 'Cats Eyes' is that green band with the white rectangles on the back. They are basically luminous strips that kind of glow so you can see your buddies in night conditions.

Just now, charlie1210 said:

My pleasure! I can probably ask for more pictures on helmet scrim/virtus gear as a whole if you like.

And 'Cats Eyes' is that green band with the white rectangles on the back. They are basically luminous strips that kind of glow so you can see your buddies in night conditions.

I could do with some of the bergen/daysacks/small assault pack and any of the different pouches

• Like 1

Just now, mikephoenix said:

I could do with some of the bergen/daysacks/small assault pack and any of the different pouches

Roger, I'll see what i can do!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikephoenix said:

As the guy above said they are the two small squares on an elastic strip on the back of the helmet that glow in the dark

It means for night ops you can just follow the two squares infront of you

I know there were working ones in A2, but havn't seen them yet in A3

Heres an ok picture of them on the older Mk7 (They are the green elastic cord around the helmet)

ZNjzlHm.jpg

And while I'm uploading pictures heres a couple of ones I have of Virtus

In this one you can see the rail torch attachment some of the guys are wearing, the guy on the left also has cats eyes on if you look closely you can see the band (Apologies for the quality, I've obv edited them a bit and paint is the extent of my photoshopping skills)

svakBpD.jpg

And another one side on

7ZWiVWT.jpg

• Like 1

Just a few additional requests if possible :)

I know your looking to model your own uniform, so I found this link, that shows the sort of clothing the army supplies for the infantry. Might help with giving you an idea as to general look. http://militaryops.esellersolutions.com/item/productImages/product_image_114_7_21_12_24_19.jpg

Also, in regards to the uniform, if possible could you do a version with gaiters. There are several Royal Marine units and having a uniform with gaiters would be a nice option....Forgive the 1'6 image reference, I couldn't find an image with an actual soldier.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/out/large/DAM10050.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 0:36 AM, mikephoenix said:

Whats ur guys opinion on the reworked scrim i started today? ignore the textures just threw em on to get the idea!

I like both versions, and happy to both hear and see, about the bowman

First pass on the scrim texture, iv also shortened the length of the vest to look more accurate and redone the LODS on everything

R2gKiIS.jpg

• Like 10

The scrim is looking nice now, and the shorter vest makes look so much better. :D Looking forward to getting it in game.

• Like 1

Has anyone been using this kit in ops/missions yet? Im keen to get hold of some screen shots!

• Like 1

I like the look of the scrim. Top notch work, I'll have to give this a whirl sometime soon :P 

Looks good so far I take it you're going to make versions with more ammo pouches and stuff?

On 5/12/2017 at 1:08 PM, mikephoenix said:

Has anyone been using this kit in ops/missions yet? Im keen to get hold of some screen shots!

reference pics for pouches and kit coming within the next few days...

in the meantime,

• Like 1

Some new goodies i made this weekend for the next update!

TYGQwT1.png

• Like 7

If the bayonet became a weapon attachment I think I would have to pee myself a little

Doesn't even need to be functional, its just so pretty

If the bayonet became a weapon attachment I think I would have to pee myself a little

Doesn't even need to be functional, its just so pretty

That's the plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Just now, mikephoenix said:

That's the plan

10/10 best mod in Arma

On 2017-5-7 at 1:53 PM, Cryofrost said:

Will you be adding. variants of the helmets that include bowman headsets, or whatever the current one is called?

On 2017-5-9 at 1:15 AM, TheLimbo365 said:

The basic rule/point of scrim is to break up the shape of your helmet (as straight lines, perfect bowls don't occur in nature)

Because of the "flatness" of your current version of the scrim your not achieving that goal

But I think as long as your managing the break up the shape your succeeding :)

In reference to the post above I would like to say that working cats eyes would be amazing! They are so useful

Gentlemen ur wishes are my command!

y39Odrg.jpg

• Like 7

On 12/5/2017 at 1:08 PM, mikephoenix said:

the unit I´m in, will most likely look into adopting this as our kit, in the near future. especially when more vest variations start to appear.

I imagen most units are waiting for are the variations.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I'm working on it guys
Sadly rome was not built in a day and I'm working on this Solely on my own. But variance is coming!!!

• Like 4

The shorter PC looks much better, good effort!