mikephoenix

Armed Forces:UK Virtus Body Armour

6 hours ago, mikephoenix said:

Quick question for you! Has there been any different camo patterns for the vest issued?

No there hasn't been any other colours than MTP issued.

Feedback wise, it seems a little long at the front. The good thing with Virtus over Osprey and ECBA is -some- thought and effort has gone into sizing it correctly. Mod-wise the body armour sits on the hips, in reality it sits higher than that so that you can articulate your upper and lower halves - something Osprey often wasn't good at. The result is Virtus allows abit more dexterity over Osprey. An example:

3 Para Virtus

As has been mentioned the textures seem to shine a little.

Overall though, solid effort, clearly put thought into it and used the right reference materials and it was lacking within the Brit community. Any dramas or if you want help with reference material for different sets of webbing, daysacks etc. just let me know.

Jonny (Volcbat)

• Like 2

Glad to see Virtus has finally made its way into Arma, very nice work.

As people have already highlighted on the thread, it would be nice to see a few different variations of the vest (different configuration of pouches etc) so everyone doesn't look identical. In addition to that, the scrim - not a fan of the current one. As someone mentioned, the whole point in scrimming your helmet is to break up the shape of your head. Would be nice to see a few new scrimmed helmets which stick out a bit more.

Overall, very good work and I'm looking forward to see future releases. 

Just now, MaccaUK said:

Glad to see Virtus has finally made its way into Arma, very nice work.

As people have already highlighted on the thread, it would be nice to see a few different variations of the vest (different configuration of pouches etc) so everyone doesn't look identical. In addition to that, the scrim - not a fan of the current one. As someone mentioned, the whole point in scrimming your helmet is to break up the shape of your head. Would be nice to see a few new scrimmed helmets which stick out a bit more.

Overall, very good work and I'm looking forward to see future releases. 

Iv already started with different variants, I just wanted to get the base set out and bug free before I open another can of worms ;-). The scrim is a tough one, i do agree with your comment but i have to strike a balance as adding more layers builds up the poly count to something silly for a helmet, I may revisit this in future updates

Future plans:

More variations on body armour/webbing

Facemask

New scrim

Daysacks/bergen/antennas

Goggles

New character model uniform

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, mikephoenix said:

Iv already started with different variants, I just wanted to get the base set out and bug free before I open another can of worms ;-). The scrim is a tough one, i do agree with your comment but i have to strike a balance as adding more layers builds up the poly count to something silly for a helmet, I may revisit this in future updates

Future plans:

Facemask

New scrim

Daysacks/bergen/antennas

Goggles

Fair enough pal, nice to see you've got some good stuff planned! Looking forward to seeing it.

• Like 1

Will be releasing a hotfix tonight, to address the floating radio and config error 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, mikephoenix said:

Future plans:

Facemask

New scrim

Daysacks/bergen/antennas

Goggles

Just curious how much variation you have planned? Like RHS level of a different vest for each role or 3CB level of 3 or 4 different vests for each role?

Out of curiosity is it just a matter of modelling various pouches and moving them around or do you need to make a new vest each time? (Sorry if thats really obvious)

I remember a motherlode daysack was part of one of the original BAF mods for A3, surprised it hasn't reappeared since pretty much everyone has one of them :D

Looking forward to seeing whatever you have though

When i modelled  what i have so far I did it so it could be modular so i can move stuff around, But i also have to create some extra stuff which I knew Id have to do. Its all based around texture sets at this time, I need to make a few more things to utilise UV space

Version 1.1 released - fix for iteminfo code error (thanks evil_brownie), helmet resized, floating radio fixed in viewpilot and webbing lowered slightly

Landing post updated with new link! Enjoy!

• Like 2

Really happy with the quality of this first release!

Just a quick few things though,

Firstly, is the new Virtus armor meant to have no sidearm holster at all, or is that considered an option because I would like the option for a belt/waist holster:) (If not to much trouble). Second I posted on your development topic about backpacks, and wanted to ask if you will be adding variants to suit different roles, such as the 3CB options? And lastly I wanted to know if you have considered doing your own uniform, the British infantry much prefer their trousers to sit on top of their boots not tucked in :D

Maybe you could use an existing uniform such as the standard NATO uniform in game and change the texture?? 

Below is an image of the Virtus armor over a current uniform :)9m0fKQQ.jpg

Anyway, I am really happy with the release, and I hope to see much more come to the mod in the near future. 

1 hour ago, sgt m.stonebridge said:

Maybe you could use an existing uniform such as the standard NATO uniform in game and change the texture??

This is of course just a suggestion, but another retex of vanilla uniforms would be painfully redundant. 3CB already has retexed vanilla uniforms, and the vanilla uniforms are already MTP camo as it is. If uniforms are to be an inclusion, why half-ass it for lack of a better term? I'd be much more impressed by a new UBACS like CUP has, but compatible with your virtus.

All that said, I'm vividly aware of the fact that "make a brand new uniform" is a tall order, especially on top of making vest variations, helmets, and potentially backpacks. It's all up to the mod maker and how much time/effort he or she is generous enough to give.

And great work by the way! Your gear looks shit hot!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgt m.stonebridge said:

Below is an image of the Virtus armor over a current uniform :)

That isn't Virtus, that's Combat Body Armour -http://www.firestormkit.co.uk/image/cache/data/British Army/CBA-MTP-1-900x900.jpg

Also, the variants question has been asked and answered already, they will be coming with time. The uniform Mike has already done is a retexture of an in game one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sgt m.stonebridge said:

Really happy with the quality of this first release!

Just a quick few things though,

Firstly, is the new Virtus armor meant to have no sidearm holster at all, or is that considered an option because I would like the option for a belt/waist holster:) (If not to much trouble). Second I posted on your development topic about backpacks, and wanted to ask if you will be adding variants to suit different roles, such as the 3CB options? And lastly I wanted to know if you have considered doing your own uniform, the British infantry much prefer their trousers to sit on top of their boots not tucked in :D

Below is an image of the Virtus armor over a current uniform :)9m0fKQQ.jpg

Anyway, I am really happy with the release, and I hope to see much more come to the mod in the near future. 

No one 'prefers' their trousers to sit at the top of their boots, d*ckhead CSMs/RSMs insist on the blokes wearing their twisters in the field because they need something to get excited about, anyone who can get away with it or doesn't have a clinically brain dead CofC will not wear them because it's annoying AF when you adopt the prone posistion/crawl/climb over anything and the elastics make your trouser leg ride up and sit on your calf like some sort of yardy boy gangster.

Reference Motherlodes and everyone having one *Looks at his MR 3 Day Assault, Blackhawk STOMP, Blackhawk Titan and NAR 4 daysacks* Not everyone! The old 1000d ones were good, the new 500d ones I don't personally rate.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Flax said:

That isn't Virtus, that's Combat Body Armour -http://www.firestormkit.co.uk/image/cache/data/British Army/CBA-MTP-1-900x900.jpg

Also, the variants question has been asked and answered already, they will be coming with time. The uniform Mike has already done is a retexture of an in game one.

Isn't it? I thought it was seeing as the way the belt equipment is situated, very much like the current virtus. Any how the point stands, and I already know he's re-textured a current in game uniform, but what I said is that maybe he could re-texture a uniform that has the legs out rather than tucked in. Seeing as the majority of British infantry don't tuck their trouser legs in, and I already know that he's adding variants of the vests, but I don't know about the backpacks which is why I asked.

@sgt m.stonebridge That guy in the picture you sent isn't wearing standard uniform hes wearing a Crye Gen 2, he's not wearing virtus, and the author mikepheonix already said he plans on making a new and genuine uniform.

• Like 4

Oh, also. 

Reference holster.

We use Glock now, the holster is part of the weapons safe system of use so is mandatory for regular units. It can be mounted on the MOLLE panels on the front of your body armor or battle belt or carried on a drop leg holster, what I would say is that the holster is massive and I've only seen it mounted on the front of peoples body armour on rare occasions (whereas when we had Sig the Safari Land holster was nice and low profile for chest mounting). If you wanted it, as much as I hate it there, drop leg would probably be the best way to go so it doesn't interfere with your webbing.

Jonny

1 minute ago, wsxcgy said:

@sgt m.stonebridge That guy in the picture you sent isn't wearing standard uniform hes wearing a Crye Gen 2, he's not wearing virtus, and the author mikepheonix already said he plans on making a new and genuine uniform.

Okay, well I must have missed him mention the uniform, so I apologize for that. What about the holster then? I have looked at all current images of the Virtus equipment and haven't seen and leg or waist holsters, is it no longer required for an infantrymen to carry a sidearm, or is it that they didn't see the need to make it easy for our service men to reach it and suggested they hide it where the sun don't shine? Which would be rather inconvenient in a fire fight.

1 minute ago, JonnyVCB said:

Oh, also. 

Reference holster.

We use Glock now, the holster is part of the weapons safe system of use so is mandatory for regular units. It can be mounted on the MOLLE panels on the front of your body armor or battle belt or carried on a drop leg holster, what I would say is that the holster is massive and I've only seen it mounted on the front of peoples body armour on rare occasions (whereas when we had Sig the Safari Land holster was nice and low profile for chest mounting). If you wanted it, as much as I hate it there, drop leg would probably be the best way to go so it doesn't interfere with your webbing.

Jonny

Ah, well that answers that then., only just saw your comment, was in the middle of replying :)

Just now, sgt m.stonebridge said:

Okay, well I must have missed him mention the uniform, so I apologize for that. What about the holster then? I have looked at all current images of the Virtus equipment and haven't seen and leg or waist holsters, is it no longer required for an infantrymen to carry a sidearm, or is it that they didn't see the need to make it easy for our service men to reach it and suggested they hide it where the sun don't shine? Which would be rather inconvenient in a fire fight.

See my above.

Honestly, in conventional punchy wars having a 9mil strapped to you is just an inconvenience and something else to lose/clean. COIN, vehicle based etc. it's absolutely fine and GPMG gunners will always benefit from having one on them for when you have to leave the Gun on a stag position etc.

• Like 1

Just now, da12thMonkey said:

Issued holster is a Radar 1957, 6661

cBJ17mb.jpg

6ScR7ME.jpg

I KNOW YOU!!!!

• Like 1

Tbh when i first set out to do this mod, I was only planning to do the bodyarmour/webbing/helmet, the re textured uniforms were and added bonus along with the boonie hats.......however due to responses iv had here and on the WIP thread in addons discussion im raising the bar, i also want to push myself as a 3D artist and doing a character model is my next step. along with a bergen/daysack and a few other bits n pieces.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, mikephoenix said:

Tbh when i first set out to do this mod, I was only planning to do the bodyarmour/webbing/helmet, the re textured uniforms were and added bonus along with the boonie hats.......however due to responses iv had here and on the WIP thread in addons discussion im raising the bar, i also want to push myself as a 3D artist and doing a character model is my next step. along with a bergen/daysack and a few other bits n pieces.

Fair play

Uniforms are notoriously difficult to do so good luck!

• Like 1

Unfortunately due to my GFX card deciding it no longer wants to live further development on this mod is on hold, as I cant afford to replace it at this time. Once I can get a new one il resume work! Sorry guys

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikephoenix said:

Unfortunately due to my GFX card deciding it no longer wants to live further development on this mod is on hold, as I cant afford to replace it at this time. Once I can get a new one il resume work! Sorry guys

That's life, and I'm sure everyone here understands. Hope everything gets straightened out in short order, best of luck!

19 minutes ago, mikephoenix said:

That is a shame, I take it the MK10 is on hold also?