DanShowsNoMercy

Is my performance normal?

I'm running a GTX 970 with an i7 6700 (no k), and I'm getting around 40 fps along with occasional stutters on ultra settings on singleplayer. Is this performance what I should be getting for my specs? If not, what's wrong and what do I need to do to fix it? I have a standard HDD 1tb hard drive if that helps.

On ultra maybe yes. Try to adjust the view range.

I have a i7 6700K @4,8 GHz and a GTX970 too. BUT: Game is installed on a 1tb SSD and fast 16GB of ram... That's also something that is pretty relevant for armas performance.

if it is in jungle or forest than yes!

i had r9 380 with similar results and upgraded to gtx1070 so now i have around 75fps in editor when before was 38-45fps, in missions it vary depending on how mission is scripted, from 50-120fps. forgot to say i have i7 6700k stock speed and 16gb ram 2400mhz.

i tested it always in the same spot in jungle (mission editor) with same cpu but different gpu's (gtx1070 and r9 380), it was last summer but i don't think much changed regarding that even with 64-bit

Arma3 is CPU dependant but of course the GTX 970 is helping to get the best video quality.

Getting 40 FPS on SP with an i7 6700 based rig is OK.

With a GTX 970 you can play on Very High / Ultra settings and must stay over Standard. 

So there is probably nothing to fix here.

The stuttering part is an other story, Arma3 is also " HDD hungry ", in order to get less stuttering you must go to the recommended storage solution :

HARD DRIVE 25 GB free space, SSD / Hybrid HDD / SSHD storage

source : https://arma3.com/buy#requirements

In game, the SSD will give you no more FPS, but most of the stuttering effects being off, the game experience will be enhanced.

I also run GTX970 and SSD helps A LOT

You've now made two posts about this. Please read and listen to what people have to say instead of looking for a solution for all problems.