For a mission I'm making I want to make a sniper take a shot at soldier and never miss.
Is there a way I can do that?

The target is going to be on top of a vehicle (M113), so i need the AI to hit him every time even if moving.
will the AI be able to fire at targets ontop of vehicles? because sometimes they never fire.
Also, i want to follow the bullet using bullet cam.

Perhaps a doFire command and even if he misses, script a setdamage 1 to the target so he goes down anyway! :scratchchin:

ok,
Tried doing that, not sure if AI will fire on troops ontop of an apc.
What about just the fire command?
I tried using that just so he will fire his weapon. but not sure what to put as m16 he doesn't fire, as he is firing an SVD(from unsung mod).

_soldier fire "M16";

1 hour ago, scottdog62 said:

The target is going to be on top of a vehicle (M113)

You mean in the gunner position?

1 minute ago, anfo said:

You mean in the gunner position?

The AI is a passenger on top of the M113

Do you really need the fired bullet to actually hit the target? AI can always miss the shot, and calculating the trajectory to correct it after firing would be pretty difficult.

Instead, you could just create a camera after the firing, and move it really fast towards the target. Then cut the camera to show the unit, spawn a bullet right in front of him, or just use setdamage.

I once made a script that sets the bullets velocity to the vectordiff to its target multiplied by it's speed. Works pretty well. It is like a lock on bullet.