!!! IMPORTANT UPDATE: !!!

Hello ArmA Community,

the attachTo command can be unnecessarily time consuming since you have to basically guess the position of the attached object. Therefore I've made a dialog with which you can attach any object to another and return the offset. And there's more:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8-BL9HKQ_OXd1NfSzhnSlBXVk0?resourcekey=0-O_1kudE4otj0GjT2Dw_Qpg&usp=sharing

Main Interface:

qy8AaRJ.jpg

1. Camera control:

Move - WASD

Up - Q

Down - Y

Faster - SHIFT

Slower - ALT

Detach pointer - SPACE (see 5.2.)

2. Source object, object of which the offset is taken

2.1. Select object from list of existing objects

2.2. Confirm selection

3. Offset, shows the current values

// Until here is the basic stuff. The following points are not necessary but maybe interesting

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.1. Step selector: Change the steps of which changes are applied ranging from 0.001 to 1. Positions can only be edited while pointer is not attached. Edits can be edited with the scroll wheel.

4. Memory points (Selections)

4.1. Select memory point, opens new dialog "Memory Points" (see below)

4.2. Enter the name of your own memory point. If memory point is not found, default offset [0,0,0] is used

5. Pointer

5.1. Show pointer yes/no

5.2. Detach/Attach pointer. Leave pointer whereever it currently is. Values are still evaluated.

5.3. Attaches the nearest object to the pointer and automatically disables simulation

5.4. ~Currently not used. If you want to create a new object then do so in the editor or Zeus. Object list is updated on dialog load~

5.5. Delete object: Select an existing object in the COMBO and press the BUTTON to delete it. You can't delete yourself, the current source object or the current pointer object (that would cause many many script errors)

6. Directions of pointer object

6.1. Vector Dir: Shows the vectorDir (difficult behaviour, use (6.2) instead)

6.2. Degrees: Shows the orientation in degrees

6.3. Vector Up: Shows the vectorUp (difficult behaviour, use (6.4) instead)

6.4. getPitchBank: Uses BIS_fnc_getPitchBank

6.5. Enter and Reset: Enter apllies settings, Reset sets everything to normal

7. Other

7.1. Opens new dialog "Settings" (see below)

7.2. Copy the commands to the clipboard. 7.3.2. shows the resulting message

7.3. Credits: Shows contributors.

Memory points:

TCaiK0M.png

1. Available memory points, Shows some default selections (link to topic follows (maybe))

2. Search for specific memory point. Enter text. Results are shown in tree below

3. Find Memorypoints: Most useful control of them all. Automatically finds existing (!= [0,0,0]) selections

4. Resets the dialog

5. Passes selected memory point to Main Interface

6. Leave without changes

Settings:

02SdiWB.png

1. Pointer color (Default: GREEN)

1.1. Predefined colors and custom ones

1.2. Define own color. Remember to set "Alpha" to something greater than 0 or else nothing happens

1.3. Preview of custom color

2. Pointer size (Default: 10cm)

2.1. Select size

3. Pointer object (Default: sign_sphere_10cm)

3.1. Choose an existing object to become the pointer. (3.2.) has to be checked.

3.3. Create new object from config name as pointer. (3.4.) has to be checked.

4. Memory points (Default: Unchecked, Unchecked)

4.1. If checked the memory points will be shown next time you are executing point (3.) from Memory points dialog (see above)

4.2. Delete the pointers when dialog is closed. If unchecked, pointers will stay.

5. Simulation (Default: checked > enabled)

5.1. Enable or disable simulation of source object

6. Collsion (Default: checked > enabled)

6.1. Enable or disable collision of the pointer object with all other scenario objects

7. Exclude/Include objects (Default: Excuded objects: player, pointer, (camera))

7.1. Select objects that won't be shown in the dialogs

7.2. Reverse actions of (7.1.)

8. Dialog

8.1. Apply the settings

8.2. Return all settings to default

8.3. Cancel: Leave without changes

Changelog:

Spoiler

v1.0 (25.04.2017) - Release

Bugs, Quirks, Errors More Features:

Spoiler

- Camera control works with modelToWorld, therefore it is a bit... different

- SINGLEPLAYER ONLY (why would you want to play this in MP?)

- the offset may be incorrect after changing orientation of pointer object, I guess I'd need some calculations to get it working. I recommend not changing those until you've found the offset.

- Some vehicles don't seem to have memory points (ArmA problem or my one?)

- camera is not always excluded

Of course the main function is to find the offset, therefore you only need point (1) to (3) of the main display. Everything else is just nice to have and I thought why not? The documentation inside of the scripts is pretty bad because I was focussing on scripting, not explaining. Feel free to ask me anything. Bugs can ofcourse be reported in this thread 😉

Thats all for now and have fun editing,

7erra

Version 1.0 - 25.04.2017

Edited by 7erra
new link to gdrive
  • Like 8

Awesome! Was thinking about making something like this for a while now. Could be a huge time saver. Can't wait to play with it some Weekend. Put a pin in that. Congrats!!!

• Like 1

Hi @@7erra

This looks great! I don't suppose there would be a video tutorial in the works?

No not atm and not planned as well. Maybe in the future sometime or even next week but not planned...

looks great and very useful :icon14:

Sooo time to do some necromancy...

I released an update for my mod:

With update v1.7 I have added the possibility to find the offset of two objects with 100% precision and smoother controls. If you want to use this tool right here then go ahead but I recommend not to.