peegee

Suppressors overhaul

Initially I was looking at weapons like Zafir and M320 LRR and tought they'd deserve suppressors.
I've noticed that there is good amount of different suppressor models in the game, but only few (none without CBA?) weapons allow different types of suppressors.
Some suppressors might not even have difference in function. (?)

So my suggestion is to divide the suppressors in some sort of categories, per weapon if the weapons barrel is fitting for the model;

- Normal (5.56mm, 9mm/.45acp models for example) Different standard suppressors for most weapons, offers some recoil reduction, reduced sound signature, and increased muzzle velocity.

- Stealth Advanced suppressor for most weapons, offers less sound reduction, less recoil reduction than standard, because it's lighter in weight. Some increase muzzle velocity. Tradeoff is that it doesn't show up on thermal.

- Long (6.5mm/7.62mm, .338 models) Heavier suppressors for most weapons for long range shooting. Heavier, less recoil, much increased muzzle velocity, good recoil reduction. Relatively quiet sound signature. Increase in accuracy(?)

- Heavy long (9.3mm model) Only for heavier, long range weapons. A burden to use due to the weight. Very low recoil, really high muzzle velocity and much increased accuracy.

For example heavy weapons like MAR-10, Cyrus and M320 LRR could only use the .338 and 9.3mm suppressors. Normal weapons could enjoy a wider variety of suppressors.

I made a simple stupid mock up picture in few minutes https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/820062060206758004/9ACFBD64DF02C98BDB751400B4355B1C5E5D61A8/
Configuration like the tan MX with the .338 suppressor hiding the barrel is not really on this suggestion, it slipped by. Would be really badass though.

There's too much suppressor candy that's not used. They really deserve some functional difference and love :)

I must have missed an update as I thought that's exactly what the vanilla suppressors are doing?
Suppressors are sorted by Calibre, as they should be.

All you need to do is download a few weapons addons, and lots of different suppressors appear, Robert Hammers accessories is a great example of good suppressors.

There's nothing to stop you from writing a config using current suppressors to make what you want, it might even prove popular.

I highly doubt BI will entertain your suggestion, as they'd have to re-write all the suppressor configs, and that then has the probability of breaking all 3rd party suppressor addons.

55 minutes ago, road runner said:

I must have missed an update as I thought that's exactly what the vanilla suppressors are doing?

All you need to do is download a few weapons addons, and lots of different suppressors appear, Robert Hammers accessories is a great example of good suppressors.

There's nothing to stop you from writing a config using current suppressors to make what you want, it might even prove popular.

I highly doubt BI will entertain your suggestion, as they'd have to re-write all the suppressor configs, and that then has the probability of breaking all 3rd party suppressor addons.

I'm not so sure if suppressor have such larger functional difference aside the stealth suppressor, someone correct me if I'm completely wrong.

And I do also have doubts of such overhaul happening, but suggestions don't hurt.

1 hour ago, road runner said:

I mean't weapons accepting different types of suppressors for different purposes. Instead of one specific suppressor type for each weapon.
Plus this part I can't really digest that easily, because 9mm/.45acp suppressor model has 5.56mm marked on it. :turn:

As for modding, if It was possible for me, re-doing the suppressors would probably be the first thing I would start tackling, but at this point it seems impossible

• Like 1

CBA has their railing system so i believe some of the weapons that did not have rails before now function. Not quite sure though, i know at some point in time it was a optional.