Timst

Adding masses of Vegetation to Chernarus

Hi Guy´s

I don´t know if thats the right channel for that, sorry if not

I want to add some more bushes, trees and Vegetation to the Chernarus map.

Shouldn´t be that big problem, but i´f you spawn 50k of bushes, theres a "little" increase of the serverperformance.

Is there a way to solve that problem?

I thought about, editing and exporting the whole Map as an extra Mod, but I don´t know if thats possible.

Greets Tim

Well basicaly you could do the same thing CUP-Terrain did: use the public data from Arma 2 and edit Chernarus to your fitting. But that also means you have to do the whole configs, adjusting the buildings etc again (or at least relate to the CUP-Buildings).

The public data can be found here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Licensed_Data_Pack

-> ALDP_A2_PBOs_APL-SA_part2.zip

It is possible, but it will be a lot of work. (Unfortunatelly there doesnt seem to be the terran-files for terrainbuilder, so that means you would have in fact to recreate the heightfield manually, reconstruct Sat- and Normal-Map by combining the layer-pictures etc. Unless, someone knows if there are "real" scourcefiles including tv4p-data etc)

Seems a mass of work

I did a compromise

It´seems that the Client can take, such a Mass of objects. I didn´t test it under high player conditions, but it seems to work

We did it script based, by adding bushpositions to the forests, and spawn the objects clientside.

If it works fine, i´ll let you guy´s know.

Chernarus is a nice map, but this vegetation is so boring...

• Like 1