Wyqer

Preload arsenal causes "variable not definied" error

Hey there,

that error don't really affect the game and everything is running as intended, but the script error is some kind of annoying and just wanted to know if someone knows a workaround to use the Preload and "fix" the script error.

["Preload"] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;

causes this script error:

Error in expression <,
["put",		23]
];

private _ctrlList = _display displayctrl (			960 + 		26);
{
>
Error position: <_display displayctrl (			960 + 		26);
{
>
Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _display
File A3\functions_f_bootcamp\Inventory\fn_arsenal.sqf [BIS_fnc_arsenal], line 2122

I had a look in the fn_arsenal.sqf, as I've thought I've missed a param or something, but in the appropriate switch case branch the _display variable really don't get defined.

So the basic question is, if there is a way to fix the script error and if the Preload is really that kind of "performance improving" to use it.

But as I say, everything working fine, it's just the error which show's up (but don't interrupt anything obvious or really needed).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyqer said:

So the basic question is, if there is a way to fix the script error

As you have noticed there is a line in the Arsenal preLoad code that is erroneous and is not needed. I have put in a feedback ticket some time ago but it has yet to be fixed.

The only way to stop the error showing is to hide the preload behind a preInit loading screen.

//description.ext
class CfgFunctions
{
	class Arsenal
	{
		tag = "TAG";
		class Preload
		{
			file = "TAG\Arsenal\functions"
			class Preload{ preInit = 1 };
		};
	};
};

//TAG\Arsenal\functions\fn_PreLoad.sqf

[ "Preload" ] call BIS_fnc_startLoadingScreen;

[ "Preload" ] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;

[ "Preload" ] call BIS_fnc_endLoadingScreen;

1 hour ago, Wyqer said:

if the Preload is really that kind of "performance improving" to use it.

All it does is stops the load time you encounter on using the Arsenal for the first time, while it loads in all the data about allowed equipment.

It also makes the Arsenals internal whitelist available in the variable "bis_fnc_arsenal_data" without actually opening the Arsenal.

• Like 2

Thanks @Larrow for the direct answer.

And yeah, I've seen it in the arsenal code.

Well, then it's as I thought it is. But I just wanted to be sure that I really don't miss anything.

The hiding is a method, sure. I'll think about the workarounds, but at the moment I should also be fine without preloading the arsenal.

Have to wait which reports reach me concerning the deleted preload.

Many thanks again. :)

And Larrow has striked again. :icon_biggrin:

Thanks a lot guys (for opening the thread and helping)!

A few months later...

Have you got any answer on this little issue ? The error is still present, not really annoying but a bit ugly. A very bad way to say "hello" when connecting to the server.

Just don't use the preload, hide the error or get used to the error.

As said in the first post and confirmed by larrow, there is a not defined variable referenced in the switch case branch of the BI fn_arsenal.sqf.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2017 at 2:19 PM, Cheitan said:

A few months later...

Have you got any answer on this little issue ? The error is still present, not really annoying but a bit ugly. A very bad way to say "hello" when connecting to the server.

Should be fixed in next update.

• Like 1