Sign in to follow this  
djotacon

Call to Arms ( Now with FPS view)

I have this under my radar long time ago:

game_image_2_1.jpg

Call to Arms offers an innovative new look into modern era combat. Initially offering two playable factions with realistically modeled vehicles and heavy weaponry, as well as dozens of firearms and customizations. Command your troops to victory or fight by yourself in the 3rd person action mode.

The base game offers two factions: the United States Army and the Global Revolutionary Movement. Fight in the rural areas, factories, railway stations or in towns and use the environment to your advantage. Cover is everywhere, and almost everything can be destroyed.

An unseen amount of challenges are awaiting you in exciting online combat supported by Steamworks! The game allows you to command your units in the classic real-time strategy mode or to fight directly by taking control over an individual unit in the 3rd person action mode, whether it is an infantry man or a tank at your disposal.

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/302670/

You can play this game in multiplayer for free (not sp )

Has the US Campaign got any voice overs? Been waiting for this for a while fooling around in editor and skirmish.

Im also thinking about upgrading to deluxe edition, which will have a German and a Russian campaign in future (as well as access to these factions in mp).

Anyway CtA seems to be a good successor to Men Of War games, which have become my favorite RTT games totally outclassing Company of Heroes back in the day.

It's a good game and, finally, a true sequel to Faces of War instead of constant "mission packs" for the full price. Have it, plays a lot closer to the original game (Soldiers: HoWW2) with its smaller scale and thus less micro, which I personally like a lot.

But I'm not sure about the inclusion of actiony-shooty-first-person-third-person... It's clear it will never be as good as it is in proper shooters without completely compromising the rest of the game, especially with a certain sad example from 2013 being in plain view here. And thus far controls are indeed pretty terrible so in many ways it gives you even less precision than "direct control" previously did. On the other hand strategy games where you can jump in and control whatever you like are extremely rare... So on the fence here.

Wait for it to leave Early Access if you want to spend money, there's little content-wise in it except for the multiplayer which is completely free anyway. There's a US campaign but it's not finished and is constantly being changed thus ruining savegames, but a few missions I've played from it were good.

On 21/4/2017 at 1:53 PM, negah said:

Has the US Campaign got any voice overs? Been waiting for this for a while fooling around in editor and skirmish.

Im also thinking about upgrading to deluxe edition, which will have a German and a Russian campaign in future (as well as access to these factions in mp).

Anyway CtA seems to be a good successor to Men Of War games, which have become my favorite RTT games totally outclassing Company of Heroes back in the day.

I dont know, only test the free multiplayer.