Jimmakos

Podagorsk gone, now what!?

So as far as we know there is an ongoing situation with various mods over steam workshop and some of them got taken down for good, podagorsk was one of them, been working on a mission for that map and sadly since there is no map there is no party.

Does anyone happen to know anything further than that, map doesn't seem to be located (uploaded) elsewhere other than there.

Anyone familiar with the guy that had uploaded the mod there, or is there a way we could contact him? 

It's really sad because some good content got lost recently which i'm not sure if had to deal with copyright issues.

Is really outdated, map was converted for arma 3 and had regular updates, last one was a few days ago..so

They might look the same, but they don't be the same.

43 minutes ago, Jimmakos said:

It's really sad because some good content got lost recently which i'm not sure if had to deal with copyright issues.

It most likely is. A lot of people in these days tend to upload stuff to SteamWS for what they don't have the rights to do so and if asked about their motivation it is in most cases: "I uploaded it because the original author didn't" (but I suspect it is more likely either lazyness or the wish to have subscribers on their steam profile).

And as far as I know Valve only deletes entries that are flagged by the original author (and to get something deleted you have to provide proof of the infringement).

6 minutes ago, dmarkwick said:

You can grab it still from Armaholic.

Your signature perfectly matches your answer :D

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jimmakos said:

Is really outdated, map was converted for arma 3 and had regular updates, last one was a few days ago..so

I doubt that. CUP Terrains is what upgraded Podagorsk to be compatible with A3.

Without knowing the SteamWS entry you are refering to, I suspect it was just a bundle of Podagorsk with some config tweaks most likely taken from CUP or another terrain addon (which may be the reason it was taken down).

It is really hard to fix a A2 terrain without source. Don't know if somebody would do that without the originals authors permission.

Who was the author of that SteamWS entry?

Nevertheless: Podagorsk works perfectly in conjunction with CUP Terrains Core.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jimmakos said:

*edit, never mind, was addressed by Neo

Your signature perfectly matches your answer :D

You'd be amazed at how often that sig matches the content :/

8 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

-I doubt that. CUP Terrains is what upgraded Podagorsk to be compatible with A3.

-Without knowing the SteamWS entry you are refering to,

-Who was the author of that SteamWS entry?

Nevertheless: Podagorsk works perfectly in conjunction with CUP Terrains Core.

Unless im really mistaken, podagorsk is neither located on cup maps or cwa terrains pack so im really unsure how its been updated to be compatible with A3 since if its not a part of the mod.

Name was Podagorsk in WS and was the only "legit" copy of that on the workshop which sadly im unable to reach any informations about the author as well.

6 minutes ago, dmarkwick said:

I'm pretty sure I#ve used that version in A3 before - but certainly not recently so maybe it is outdated information.

It might be possible for you to make a supplemental addon.... if you can work out what the changes were, then place those changes into an addon that affects the original map version.

Thanks ill give it a try but i'll never be sure if map's state will ever be the same (old vs new one).

1 minute ago, Jimmakos said:

Unless im really mistaken, podagorsk is neither located on cup maps or cwa terrains pack so im really unsure how its been updated to be compatible with A3 since if its not a part of the mod.

It is not part of CUP but CUP contains a lot of general and some terrain specific fixed to make old A2 terrain working as they are, including Podagorsk. CUP even checks such A2 terrains like Podagorsk for compatibility before releasing updates.

You really only need the A2 Podagorsk (from Armaholic) and CUP TP and you are fine and most likely get an even more up-to-date version than the workshop upload.

4 minutes ago, Jimmakos said:

Name was Podagorsk in WS and was the only "legit" copy of that on the workshop which sadly im unable to reach any informations about the author as well.

Original author was Goeth and the FDF Mod.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeoArmageddon said:

It is not part of CUP but CUP contains a lot of general and some terrain specific fixed to make old A2 terrain working as they are, including Podagorsk. CUP even checks such A2 terrains like Podagorsk for compatibility before releasing updates.

You really only need the A2 Podagorsk (from Armaholic) and CUP TP and you are fine and most likely get an even more up-to-date version than the workshop upload.

Original author was Goeth and the FDF Mod.

Well probably issues like itemscopeinfo were fixed, also ui icons were added and probably other stuff which im unaware or cant remember but as it looks like it got taken down because it was a reupload with fixed "issues".

23 minutes ago, Jimmakos said:

We'll probably issues like itemscopeinfo were fixed, also ui icons were added and probably other stuff which im unaware or cant remember but as it looks like it got taken down because it was a reupload with fixed "issues".

It may have been uploaded with fixed issues, but who ever uploaded with the fixes has to have permission from Goeth and the FDF Mod. Also it is the norm to ask permission before modifying someones work. 

Its also worth mentioning the FDF Mod have not released anything for Arma3, the last release was for Arma2.