Hey guys!!!

So i´m here because i´m having a problem when i´m on the server, here´s the problem. 

So we where using a mission that was working properly on the map of LakeSide, but for some ideas, etc. We decided to chance it to Kelley´s Island, and here is where the problem begins, all the file´s are working properly, the database too but in the moment that someone spawn´s.... Chan Chan Chan..... hes a seagull!!!! And we dont have any idea what is this about. So please if someone could help me i will really greatfull!!!

Thanks Alan.

Hi, welcome to Bis forums!

In the Description.ext of the mission, look for the following code:

respawn = 1;

might also read ---> respawn = Bird;

this code means your respawning as a bird, the other options is to change it to other types which are below:

Respawn types.

• 0 or "NONE" - No respawn
  • 1 or "BIRD" - Respawn as a seagull
  • 2 or "INSTANT" - Respawn just where you died.
  • 3 or "BASE" - Respawn in base.
    • Requires a marker named:
      • respawn_west
      • respawn_east
      • respawn_guerrila
      • respawn_civilian
  • Like 2

@Gunter Severloh  

Hello ! I am a friend of Alan Juarez and good since he can not answer, I answer .. The respawn we have in the base and the AI we have disabled in the mission, to enter separately does not create the user in the database nor Neither does it let you choose to select the area to spawn

Try to add -autoInit to the server's init command line and add persistent=1; to the server.cfg.

Some reason that fixes the issue in my insurgency mission, despite all the correct settings being in place in description.ext.

1 hour ago, David Herrera Herrera said:

to enter separately does not create the user in the database

Cant really help you with this, but try what Phronk suggested.

1 hour ago, David Herrera Herrera said:

nor Neither does it let you choose to select the area to spawn

So if this is database specific like in order for you to spawn the database has to do it, then seems that your missing some coding, or for respawn.

Whats the database for btw, as I really have not seen any mission use a database, or im out of the loop as i havent really messed with missions in a long time for mp.

But if you use a basic base respawn which you basically put a marker down and name it respawn_west if your bluefor,

code in the description would be like this:

respawn = base;

respawndelay = 20;

then the marker at your base is where you spawn.

A tutorial for a basic base respawn if it helps---> https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/111769-respawn-for-editor-missions-played-in-multiplayer/#comment-1852481

Maybe im misunderstanding you on what your issue is.

10 hours ago, David Herrera Herrera said:

extDB2

Best ask the author of this and see what he thinks the issue is, as it seems like its a database issue coupled with something else,

cant help you aside that, so hope you guys figure it out.