Where is the best place to get detailed info on the various weapons carried by the new jets, and all aircraft for that matter?  I couldn't immediately find such info in field manual.  In the Jets showcase, the Black Wasp apparently carries two types of AA missiles (?).  What are their capabilities?

BIM 9X AA ?

AMRAAM D AA ?

1 hour ago, OMAC said:

Where is the best place to get detailed info on the various weapons carried by the new jets, and all aircraft for that matter?  I couldn't immediately find such info in field manual.  In the Jets showcase, the Black Wasp apparently carries two types of AA missiles (?).  What are their capabilities?

BIM 9X AA ?

AMRAAM D AA ?

If I'm not wrong. BIM is short range infrared missile. So is more nimble and dont need the radar on. While AMRAAM is mid range and need to use the radar.

Thanks for the info.  A guide to all the missiles, rockets, etc. should exist somewhere, eh?

On 6/25/2017 at 3:58 PM, OMAC said:

Thanks for the info.  A guide to all the missiles, rockets, etc. should exist somewhere, eh?

It may or may not be up to date but the Arma 3 Sensors article has a guided weapons table; at last check the Macer II was statistically identical to the original Macer due to their magazines calling the same ammo class.

• Like 1

^ ^ Great!  Thanks.  :thumbsup:

Looks like the table should be updated with the AMRAAM D AA missile, which I think is radar-guided...

• Added: Carrier deck static props 

Why the hell took so long?

3 hours ago, POLPOX said:

Why the hell took so long?

Perhaps it would have been nicer to have said, "Thanks for adding them in, they will be useful for missions"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Perhaps it would have been nicer have said, "Thanks for adding them in, they will be useful for missions"

Yeah, my bad... But I'd say, IMO they are should be added before the release... Why not?

5 hours ago, POLPOX said:

Yeah, my bad... But I'd say, IMO they are should be added before the release... Why not?

The idea of an final release date is so 1999. As you might have noticed... even the FM for the airplanes is not final yet.

Any chance to get HEAP rounds for jets cannons? It would much easier to know if youve hit something ( and more realistic ) if the rounds would explode on impact. Tested by switching the wasp gun to the vtol 20 mm cannon and confirming hits is definitely easier with explosive rounds. Penetration values could be kept the same and splash damage could be kept minimal?

A few impressions and some ideas on Jets. The pit looks good but some additions are required for the radar:

radar vertical scan axis is needed so that we can adjust the radars vertical scan up and down to find tgts above you or below you. Also the radars range how do we increase the radars range from 16kms? Other handy features required one is data link allowing air and ground assets to be visible on the HSD but increase its range as a circle to show more.

So IRL scan is 160 miles approx and you would have 80, 40, 20, 10. Also for dogfighting a vertical scan mode is needed which features auto-lock and with IFF friendly aircraft could come up with a do not shoot X. When using AMRAAMS or R77 missiles the pilot has to hold lock until the missiles own radar goes active IRL for long distance shots so that would be nice to have.

Carrier take off is good but also remember the aircraft has a launch bar and that has to be lowered in order to hook up with the CAT and that would require a button. (you could leave it with the arcady space bar but ideally a launch bar is what adds more.)

Post in the Jets DLC Feedback topic here:  

Also, keep in mind that this is Arma, not DCS/BMS.

Any chance for the UAVs to have an autopilot with a couple of modes:

1 route following

2 straight and level

3 loiter or circling

So straight and level is what is required to employ weapons so that you have can use the TGP view to drop bombs/missiles etc.

@subs17 Isn't that kind of how they work already?

#1 is control click waypoints

#2 is kind of the same thing  but you have to kind of use #1 to set things up

#3 is just the assigned behavior of the waypoint

This is all done within the UAV screen while in game or in 3Den if you are looking for something more scripted mission'ish.

Ok... what the fuck BIS.

When you select a target with T and r and then aim 150m next to the target with the Bomb CCIP thing... IT IS GUIDED! What the hell? In what world do laser guided bombs just simply guide themself onto cold targets? It extremely inbalances Multiplayer gamemodes and there is no point lasing a target or having a support unit doing so if it is that easy.

I do not know if this is intended but the bomb always hits directly on the vehicle. Doesnt happen if you dont target it. I would highly suggest removing this "feature".

This is the only issue i currently have with the Jets DLC, everything else works perfectly!

16 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

@subs17 Isn't that kind of how they work already?

#1 is control click waypoints

#2 is kind of the same thing  but you have to kind of use #1 to set things up

#3 is just the assigned behavior of the waypoint

This is all done within the UAV screen while in game or in 3Den if you are looking for something more scripted mission'ish.

Thanks I'll give it another try.

19 hours ago, WurschtBanane said:

Ok... what the fuck BIS.

When you select a target with T and r and then aim 150m next to the target with the Bomb CCIP thing... IT IS GUIDED! What the hell? In what world do laser guided bombs just simply guide themself onto cold targets? It extremely inbalances Multiplayer gamemodes and there is no point lasing a target or having a support unit doing so if it is that easy.

I do not know if this is intended but the bomb always hits directly on the vehicle. Doesnt happen if you dont target it. I would highly suggest removing this "feature".

This is the only issue i currently have with the Jets DLC, everything else works perfectly!

Im pretty sure this is a glitch. This makes unguided bombs hit their target perfectly every singe time. It is also not documented anywhere.

On 7/5/2017 at 6:42 PM, WurschtBanane said:

When you select a target with T and r and then aim 150m next to the target with the Bomb CCIP thing... IT IS GUIDED! What the hell?

The bomb can fly to the position of marked target's location at the point of the release and it should then automatically seek for laser target.
It should not home in on just any target, be it heat or radar sign. That would be a bug.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, oukej said:

The bomb can fly to the position of marked target's location at the point of the release and it should then automatically seek for laser target.
It should not home in on just any target, be it heat or radar sign. That would be a bug.

it's a bug.

the bomb homes in on the vehicle selected by the airplane's sensors. no laser is used.

• Like 1

COMPLAINT: I know i am not the first person to say this, but i've been so frustrated with the jets DLC since release. I imagine that the jets dlc is good for mil-sim missions and missions alike to that, but for gamemodes like KOTH, the new jets DLC has ruined to game. It is now noobified, anyone can just get up in a jet, lock and fire 4 missles at a target and win a dogfight. This causes the air supremacy game mechanic to turn into ' which ever team has most jets in the air wins', no matter the player's or the jet squad's piloting skills. This noobification has resulted in many players that used to player arma 3 everyday on the gamemode of KOTH to leave (i know of atleast 7 of my friends that have left due to these changes). 

The ease of use isn't the only issue that came with the new jets DLC, here are some other issues;

-  Both the cheetah and the tigris are both useless at defeating the new jets, even the neophrons and wipeouts aswell. On many occasions, i have attempted to gun down an enemy jet as they were slowly flying above me, i have counted each time that i had hit the jet around 10 times with the 35mm AA rounds. The bullets that impacted their jet didn't seem to matter, as they then proceeded to bomb my Tigris with GBUs and carry on flying with no issues.

- Besides the AA vehicle's Cannon, their AA titan missiles are also useless against the jets for two reasons. 1) the new jets have a lot of flares, and the amount of times they can use countermeasures can be increased by switching between burst and single. 2) As soon as the enemy jet flares, the titan missle veers of course drastically, not even attempting to follow the heat signature of the flares themselves. The combination of both of these things, means that the titan missiles on the Tigris and Cheetah are now useless (jet can virtually continuously flare which will automatically make the missile fall to the ground.  

- Because the jets all have a laser designators built-in, any jet with a GBU will easily dominate ground targets like cheetahs and tigris's, meaning they can now both dominate the air and the ground with no risk of  being killed.

AA MANPADs are the one saving grace though, as they seem to be the only SAM system that can take down the new jets.  

SUGGESTIONS:

I would suggest that the new jets have less flares, are unable to laser paint their own targets and most importantly, the methods for taking down the jets has to be buffed, such that the Cheetah and the Tigris are actually effective towards the jets (maybe make the 35mm Rounds more effective towards air targets, almost as they were before).

10 minutes ago, Moldisocks said:

-snip-

I can appreciate that the Jet DLC may have altered the way that KOTH works. But if you want mission changes you should contact the authors of KOTH, or play on the servers where Jets are disabled. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moldisocks said:

-  Both the cheetah and the tigris are both useless at defeating the new jets, even the neophrons and wipeouts aswell. On many occasions, i have attempted to gun down an enemy jet as they were slowly flying above me, i have counted each time that i had hit the jet around 10 times with the 35mm AA rounds. The bullets that impacted their jet didn't seem to matter, as they then proceeded to bomb my Tigris with GBUs and carry on flying with no issues.

...most importantly, the methods for taking down the jets has to be buffed, such that the Cheetah and the Tigris are actually effective towards the jets (maybe make the 35mm Rounds more effective towards air targets, almost as they were before).

The durability was definitely an issue and has been significantly decreased already in the dev-branch. Jets like these don't have any armor (unlike CAS) and should really fear getting slow or low, into the small arms fire reach. Not even mentioning facing something like a 30mm gun. Individual hits from such weapon should now have a noticeable effect on the jets flight performance. Whereas a single burst should be enough to render the jet combat ineffective.

1 hour ago, Moldisocks said:

- Besides the AA vehicle's Cannon, their AA titan missiles are also useless against the jets for two reasons. 1) the new jets have a lot of flares, and the amount of times they can use countermeasures can be increased by switching between burst and single. 2) As soon as the enemy jet flares, the titan missle veers of course drastically, not even attempting to follow the heat signature of the flares themselves. The combination of both of these things, means that the titan missiles on the Tigris and Cheetah are now useless (jet can virtually continuously flare which will automatically make the missile fall to the ground.  

- Because the jets all have a laser designators built-in, any jet with a GBU will easily dominate ground targets like cheetahs and tigris's, meaning they can now both dominate the air and the ground with no risk of  being killed.

I would suggest that the new jets have less flares, are unable to laser paint their own targets and most importantly

This is up to the mission designer. The default setups are usually done as multi-mission, full combat loadouts. They need to be adjusted for the balance and specific requirements of individual scenarios.

• Like 3