@R3vo yeah with keyboard iys quite easy. They should really try woth an hotas.

With all the axis problem, it's pretty ridiculous. :) And I don't talk about the bugs like the one I'm currently having...

1 minute ago, S3blapin said:

@R3vo yeah with keyboard iys quite easy. They should really try woth an hotas.

With all the axis problem, it's pretty ridiculous. :) And I don't talk about the bugs like the one I'm currently having...

And what bugs would that be, if you don't say we can't help :f:

15 hours ago, S3blapin said:

So, I don't know if it's only from my side or if the game that change but I have a problem... It's seems the axis for throttle was reduced/changed for chopper and jet after the DLC patch... I tried to rebind all my key, but nothing change... It looks like the current axis use only the half of the full range available...

I will pass on the fact that only half the throttle axis is usefull on the jet, but for the chopper it's totally insane...

So, i decide to do some screenshot. and here is what I hyave:

- Maximum Cyclic when you use my Throttle. The Instantaneous Vertical Speed is around 7.5

Reveal hidden contents

ANnniC6.jpeg

- Maximum Cyclic power when you use keyboard (DIgital input):

Reveal hidden contents

9fLWyZL.jpeg

And more interesting look at what the game use from my throttle axis!!

here i'm at 0% power for chopper and jet:

Reveal hidden contents

YS61nrk.jpeg

here i'm at 50%:

Reveal hidden contents

OUtkW6z.jpeg

I first thought that the game doesn't fully recognize  my axis, but no... When you use the In game tool, the game fully recognize it. From -100% to +100%

I'm completely lost... Someone can help me? I made all the test without any mods, I remove every single useless keybind to not have any interaction.

My Hotas is a Thrustmaster Warthog...

HELP!!! :O

@R0adki11 I hope you will be able to help me. Because it's extremely annoying.

9 minutes ago, S3blapin said:

@R0adki11 I hope you will be able to help me. Because it's extremely annoying.

I personally my not be able to as i am only a Volunteer Community Moderator, i am not a BIS Employee so don't understand the workings of the game engine. Have you logged a feedback ticket at all?

Not yet. Didn't have time yesterday. I'll try to do one today

@Zygzak191... I've never heard about that!! Like never!! I'll try this tonight but you might sovereign my problem (if it works of course).

If it works like oukej said, it could be interesting for them to put this tips somewhere.

Regardnign throttle and brake assigned to an axis...reminder, you have to assign both - and + of the range. Otherwise only half of the axis is recognized. Also make sure that no other axis shares the input, that will also reduce the input value of both axis. also make sure that sensitivity is set to 1 and dead zone to 0.

• Like 1

Hello, I would like the developer to add this
Added: MQ-9 of drones and improve their camera affinity that it projects their vision further example: x100

thank you

it seems arma 3 UAV camo patterns become real)

Spoiler

05b6983d519e.jpg

Yes, but what would be good is to have a scope of 4 km cameras

Or correct me but it can see very far in reality ???

You can set your viewdistance to whatever value you want. You must understand that not every client can support an instant viewdistance from +10km. That's just a lot of data at once. Especially if you just apply the increased viewdistance if you look through a drone. In this case you would have to load all the data as you get into the cam

According to Wikipedia you can normally see around 20km in exceptional cases up to 280km (what seems extrem)

But you can increase your vision up to 12km via graphics settings and even further with set(Object)Viewdistance. 

• Like 3

On 5/22/2017 at 0:59 PM, ProfTournesol said:

Blahblah...the carrier is free for all mate,  you didn't pay for it.

Yeah!  And on top of that, the carrier works great for me!  I can land and takeoff...sweet!

On 5/15/2017 at 5:45 PM, ataribaby said:

Gunsight is completely wrong. I explained few posts before. TD box should follow target and gun lead circle should be where you need but TD box over gun lead circle. Gun cross on HUD is purely as reference only. What we have now is complete madness and not useable. Just watch videos I posted there.

Also waypoint tickmark on heading HUD tape still moves when you roll jet.

When target is not locked then lead circle shows where bullets will land for some fixed range - for examble 1200 m or so.

Mirage uses circle as TD box and big thick mark on bullets path snake to mark leading shoot point.

Will this be fixed? It is extremely frustrating to do a dogfight with current gunsight right now. It is much extremely hard to precisely align the gun cross with the lead indicator.

Not only the gunsight of Wasp is wrong, the ones of Shikra and and Gryphon are also wrong in the same way.

As displayed in the video below, the gun cross should be moving in response to the own plane's maneuvers, while the TD circle should stay on the target. This will make aiming much more intuitive.

The cannons are also underpowered, especially for the Gsh 30mm cannon. In real life one or two 30 mm hits is enough to disable a fighter jet.

• Like 1

There are a couple of balancing issues with the jets DLC, which have a big effect on multiplayer gamemodes with Jets in them. I have 3 suggestions to fix those:

-Remove the ability to focus the ctrl+rmb camera on a vehicle. I know this is realistic but it makes the jets be able to bomb moving AAA from 10km away without it being able to do anything.

OR / AND

Give the onboard laser a max range of 4km.

-It would also be great if the camera could be equipped/unequipped with the new loadout system, given that it gives the jets a good edge over the AAA tanks.

-Give the AA tanks 8 instead of 4 missiles (maybe give them a reload time after every 2 shots) and a second magazine for the gun ammo. They tear through it way to quick, and now that the jets have way more flares and only drop them in 10 round bursts, they can just spam flares when missiles are inbound. You said you would buff the AA, but you did not (at least not enough). And in missions like King of the Hill, this has a huge impact.

5 minutes ago, WurschtBanane said:

There are a couple of balancing issues with the jets DLC, which have a big effect on multiplayer gamemodes with Jets in them. I have 3 suggestions to fix those:

-Remove the ability to focus the ctrl+rmb camera on a vehicle. I know this is realistic but it makes the jets be able to bomb moving AAA from 10km away without it being able to do anything.

OR / AND

Give the onboard laser a max range of 4km.

-It would also be great if the camera could be equipped/unequipped with the new loadout system, given that it gives the jets a good edge over the AAA tanks.

-Give the AA tanks 8 instead of 4 missiles (maybe give them a reload time after every 2 shots) and a second magazine for the gun ammo. They tear through it way to quick, and now that the jets have way more flares and only drop them in 10 round bursts, they can just spam flares when missiles are inbound. You said you would buff the AA, but you did not (at least not enough). And in missions like King of the Hill, this has a huge impact.

I see no need to the game to be balanced, it should be upto the mission designers to balance the mission. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

I see no need to the game to be balanced, it should be upto the mission designers to balance the mission. 

Well, they dont give mission designers to opportunity to do so, as i said. Also, how are you going to balance the mission, if there is no way to keep jets out of an area, for example?

If BIS does not want to balance in your opinion, that would mean all they care about is realism. But in what world does an AAA tank only have 4 missiles, which give the enemy jet a warning even though they are heat seaking?

Let the FLIR pod be a dynamic loadout thing and give the AAA tanks more missiles, is that really too much?

I think that AA should actually be dangerous to aircraft, especially when they have thermal cameras and onboard lasers.

8 hours ago, jerminhu said:

The cannons are also underpowered, especially for the Gsh 30mm cannon. In real life one or two 30 mm hits is enough to disable a fighter jet.

I think the cannons might be slightly underpowered, but remember the new damage model allows more damage and sub-systems failure before total destruction...but I agree, a well placed burst of gun rounds, especially explosive shells should take out a jet, especially at very close range!

• Like 1

Of course the mission maker can balance up to everything. You can add magazines, change reloadtime , change entire weapons.limit the Viewdistance server side. Disable remotetarget sharing/receiving. If you want to keep jets out of an area, don't allow them to fly into them or punish them.

And yes more missiles is a lot to ask for. That would require an entire new model. Also how would missiles reload if Boone has to step out and put them in manually?

• Like 1

EDIT of my first post: The AA tanks missiles are a joke. The enemy jet just has to flare once and its trashed. Before the DLC the AA could hope to waste all the Jets flares and then hit when its out. Now you can not hit anything with the Ground to Air missiles. And the cannons wont hit anything that isnt coming straight at you, meaning your only chance to kill a jet is shooting your gun at it if it tries to kill you.

@crewt ^ How is a mission maker going to balance this?

Remove/Reduce Flares,

add additional ammunition for the AA

Restrict the available Ammunition for the jets.

Also, ich can't confirm that you can't shoot down Jets with the gun. In my tests the FCS was quite powerfully by shooting with the cheata at jets.

And/or with rockets. Flares just have a chance to redirect rockets, you don't have to waste all the Flares of the jet.

Also as soon as you have looked your target it's quite easy to shoot down a jet.

The important task is not to turn on a radar to soon.

Generally speaking I understand the basic problem. For a mission maker ist Close to impossible to balance a mission while trying to bring all available Assets into the Game. That goes to COOP missions as well as any other like Team PvP.

The truth is: a skilled Pilot can no matter the restrictions you applied to the jet, have a huge impact on any Gamemode.

No matter the Gamemode or the intention, you can't limit the possibilities or capabilities of a Jet, to be perfectly balanced towards all other vehicle types. Same goes for other air assets. You can start by limiting view distance, radar sharing/receiving, available pylons, available flares.. Hell you even could increase the mass of the fighter, or limit the total amount of jets per game to 1. This way the jet would probably fly pretty safe.

Also if you are against the max range of a rocket, you can easily detonate it after x km, by applying a fired eventhandler or redirect it towards the sky/ground.

Sadly there is no getter if the Radar is on or off, if this would be the case (and an getter is on the way, as I have seen) you can limit the total time a Radar can be on bevor it have to cool down. But as soon as we get the getter this would be another way. 

Maybe, the players which are happy about the possibilities with 'realistic' jets and weapons will be quite pissed. But on the other hand, they must admit that the max range in Arma is just not far enough to have really exciting jet combat without a touch of casuality.

Regarding the Tigris missiles ... That's strange, are they totally different missile types? Maybe with an increased IR resistance ? Have to check.

That's basically the same as for the balancing of an Comanche, which was considered OP in many PvP modes like eutw or BECTI . In which cases I believe the flares were more limited and/or the prices went straight to the sky. Limiting the total gametime of a Mission. 

If you apply all of these factors some players would prefer to fly a unarmed hummingbird and shoot from the benches. At least that is what I believe

10 minutes ago, crewt said:

Remove/Reduce Flares,

add additional ammunition for the AA

Restrict the available Ammunition for the jets.

Also, ich can't confirm that you can't shoot down Jets with the gun. In my tests the FCS was quite powerfully by shooting with the cheata at jets.

And/or with rockets. Flares just have a chance to redirect rockets, you don't have to waste all the Flares of the jet.

Also as soon as you have looked your target it's quite easy to shoot down a jet.

The important task is not to turn on a radar to soon.

Generally speaking I understand the basic problem. For a mission maker ist Close to impossible to balance a mission while trying to bring all available Assets into the Game. That goes to COOP missions as well as any other like Team PvP.

The truth is: a skilled Pilot can no matter the restrictions you applied to the jet, have a huge impact on any Gamemode.

No matter the Gamemode or the intention, you can't limit the possibilities or capabilities of a Jet, to be perfectly balanced towards all other vehicle types. Same goes for other air assets. You can start by limiting view distance, radar sharing/receiving, available pylons, available flares.. Hell you even could increase the mass of the fighter, or limit the total amount of jets per game to 1. This way the jet would probably fly pretty safe.

Also if you are against the max range of a rocket, you can easily detonate it after x km, by applying a fired eventhandler or redirect it towards the sky/ground.

Sadly there is no getter if the Radar is on or off, if this would be the case (and an getter is on the way, as I have seen) you can limit the total time a Radar can be on bevor it have to cool down. But as soon as we get the getter this would be another way. 

Maybe, the players which are happy about the possibilities with 'realistic' jets and weapons will be quite pissed. But on the other hand, they must admit that the max range in Arma is just not far enough to have really exciting jet combat without a touch of casuality.

Regarding the Tigris missiles ... That's strange, are they totally different missile types? Maybe with an increased IR resistance ? Have to check.

That's basically the same as for the balancing of an Comanche, which was considered OP in many PvP modes like eutw or BECTI . In which cases I believe the flares were more limited and/or the prices went straight to the sky. Limiting the total gametime of a Mission. 

If you apply all of these factors some players would prefer to fly a unarmed hummingbird and shoot from the benches. At least that is what I believe

Nvm, the tigris has 4km range just as the cheetah.

Still, if you balance things correctly, the pilot will not make as much of a difference.

About the radar cooldown: There is no such thing in reality, what the hell?

1 hour ago, WurschtBanane said:

Still, if you balance things correctly, the pilot will not make as much of a difference.

About the radar cooldown: There is no such thing in reality, what the hell?

Isn't the point of a jet to make a difference? You balance the impact he has on the enemy. Or I completely misunderstood your problem.

No there isn't as far as I know, but If the goal is near realism in the near future there is no reason to strip the jets of capibilities either. Or enhance the existing anti-air by rockets which can only be reloaded from outside. Even reducing the range of rockets would be unrealistic, or removing thermal sight. But in PvP/Coop it's a common Methode of balancing to remove Thermal as it has proven to be kind of OP

7 hours ago, WurschtBanane said:

(Sorry won't go away for whatever reason)

Edited by crewt

14 hours ago, WurschtBanane said:

@crewt ^ How is a mission maker going to balance this?

By placing a second or third AA....