This DLC has been some what a waste of my money from the fake carrier(NO HANGER BAYS MAJOR PART!) to the new throttle system that is force on the player. The throttle should be an option in the advance flight mode not force.

52 minutes ago, oukej said:

re helicopter camera

Does this imply 1st person camera too?  and the speed fov shift?

The FoV is a different issue. See here

2 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Simple question... how do we RESPAWN jets with wings folded.  Placing them like that is easy, but having folded wings after a respawn is a different issue, apparently.

Never mind... https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/1319961868332087668/

They LIED to me!!!

This does not respawn the aircraft with wings folded.  Guidance appreciated.

5 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

They LIED to me!!!

This does not respawn the aircraft with wings folded.  Guidance appreciated.

You can fold the wings via the Virtual Garage in Eden. There is also an animation source you can use. Try google. I believe there are several threads about this.

13 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Sonic boom without the vapor cone? Hmmm

13 hours ago, sammael said:

I think the same ...better if we have this effect visual

Like Beagle said, the vapor cone appears when there is high humidity in the air... and is NOT dependant on the sound barrier, it can happen as long as the aircraft is travelling fast enough to create the air pressure difference around itself to make it happen (higher humidity = slower speed required) it can be done above or below the sound barrier, even jets on landing approach though cloud can create them, so no, it has nothing to do with it. the sound barrier is just that - sound.

I don't know who first reported it as being linked to breaking the sound barrier, but it was never the case and is just about as true as most hollywood myths about aircraft/guns/any military aspect.

On 18.5.2017 at 0:26 AM, Ex3B said:

* The Macer lock on range seems really limited - I guess this is due to the sensor overhaul. I'd like to see them tweaked to be able to lock on to idling tanks farther awya, I couldn't seem to get anything to lock under 2km (Even after giving the tanks move orders so that they'd be warm when I got to them). Real mavericks have a ~22km range.

I could accept 1/5th of this because of the small map sizes and how short range the radar is, but 2km seemed really short. A laser guided Macer variant could be great here

i faced the same problem yesterday, trying to put out some tanks with my black wasp and macers.... are they ingame really designes as IR Missiles^^, the should be radar and tv guided like the real life maverick counterpart

i also miss the ability to use the dynamicLoadout in the mission, a solution to use it near of an ammotruck / hangar would be great, like it is realized the F18 of John Sparten

18 minutes ago, Moerderhoschi said:

i faced the same problem yesterday, trying to put out some tanks with my black wasp and macers.... are they ingame really designes as IR Missiles^^, the should be radar and tv guided like the real life maverick counterpart

The real life Maverick has used many guidance systems. There are IR models, there are "TV" models, there is one laser guided model.

There was a radar guided model planned, but it was cancelled.

I would love it if the macers were like scalpels, and could be laser guided, or locked just by pointing the camera directly at the target for visual guidance (in which case, its easier to spot if its warm, using the thermal imaging mode of the camera).

Right now in SEAD missions I'm trying with the black wasp, I'm using LGBs to take out targets, or I modify the pylons to carry scalpels, and I laser the targets and fire the Scalpels. The advantage of the scalpel over the LGB is that it hits the target much sooner, allowing me to fully focus on defensive maneuvers sooner (with the LGBs, I must ensure that I don't maneuver in a way that interferes with the lasing)

That is fine for targets like a Tigris that can be taken out with a single scalpel, but for tougher targets, I'd really like to be able to use macers.

I'm finding the macers to be nearly useless, I can find targets, lase them, and drop a bomb from a longer range than I can engage with macers

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PistFlyBoy said:

[boiling down to "I want speed dependent FOV back!"]

When Jets DLC came to devbranch a lot of players startet to complain about the speed dependent FOV and wanted to get rid of. Voices defending the system where rare.

Since BIS Devs atually do take their time to sift through all our endless complaining in search for valuable feedback, they did see this and changed it accordingly. Well, you can't make everyone happy...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iratus said:

When Jets DLC came to devbranch a lot of players startet to complain about the speed dependent FOV and wanted to get rid of. Voices defending the system where rare.

Since BIS Devs atually do take their time to sift through all our endless complaining in search for valuable feedback, they did see this and changed it accordingly. Well, you can't make everyone happy...

Are you talking about jets or helicopters? cause i dont really care about jets plus the speed dependent FOV on HELOS has been there for a enormous amount of time, never heard anyone complaining about it. actually it is a nice perk since it gives you situational awareness based on the phase of flight. 

And anyway you could always zoom out, manually.

1 minute ago, PistFlyBoy said:

Are you talking about jets or helicopters? cause i dont really care about jets plus the speed dependent FOV on HELOS has been there for a enormous amount of time, never heard anyone complaining about it. actually it is a nice perk since it gives you situational awareness based on the phase of flight. 

And anyway you could always zoom out, manually.

If your not talking about Jets then your probably in the wrong thread :f:

Just now, R0adki11 said:

If your not talking about Jets then your probably in the wrong thread :f:

not really since i made a post regarding the helicopters into the jet dlc. And the mess has been generated by this dlc, so i feel like my feedback on something generated by the JET DLC should go into the jet dlc feedback section.

To All, has anyone published a default carrier mission with deck layout in the Workshop yet?

On 19/5/2017 at 5:56 PM, AV8R_Six said:

@cas I believe the MAP MFD is default scaled on the speed of your vehicle...faster you go, the larger the map scale, slower = Smaller Scale.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=928687239

I can see that, I just do not think it helps me to orientate on the big maps.

There should be keys to zoom and move the map.

Is there a way to keep a certain aircraft speed ? I mean the speed is not under control and I have difficulties targeting and breaking speed at the same time. Can you add a cruise option?

One very immersion breaking thing about the carrier is that when it is raining, there is no sound. So when you stand on the carrier and it's raining it just feels wrong. It would be great if this could be fixed somehow.

16 hours ago, PistFlyBoy said:

Are you talking about jets or helicopters?

It came up because of jets (they are the fastest vehicle, so it's most obvious there), but as soon as it came up tthere where people requesting it to go away for all vehicles (including cars).

Since the devs are working on a new sollution, we might end up with a better system overal.

I want to add that I personally never had a problem with the dynamic FOV, but I'm also not really missing it. So: neutral stance on the topic.

• Like 1

On 2017-5-19 at 10:46 PM, PistFlyBoy said:

If you fly helicopters as much as you say, and buy all the content BI puts out, isn´t it worth buying TrackIR?

I mostly fly helicopters in Arma 3 and i can tell you that TrackIR would make your 50+ hours a week infinitely more enjoyable!

I know that this doesn't solve your problem atm but it's just a piece of solid advice.

I noticed (and didn't bother to look through this thread if it has mentioned before, to be honest) that there's now a kind of autopilot if you're having focusloss (eg. in the Esc.-Menu). That's a very nice additon... except on the ground.

If you've just landed and hit Escape your plane will continue to move, break, move a bit further, break again and so on. Upon exiting the menu you can see that your thrust isn't at 0% but on 47%.

That ought to be looked after.

On 20/5/2017 at 1:54 AM, DeathRoams said:

This DLC has been some what a waste of my money from the fake carrier(NO HANGER BAYS MAJOR PART!) to the new throttle system that is force on the player. The throttle should be an option in the advance flight mode not force.

I'm too am offended by the way the "advanced flight mode" has simply been enforced upon us, crap has me connecting my joystick for the sole purpose as acting like throttle simply because i prefer the control that mouse and keyboard gives (aside from the benefit of not having to switch back and forth all the time because of the shear amount of controls needed). Even BIS had the common sense to implement settings for switching back and forth between the modes so i'm sad to see so brilliant a community modder not adding it, don't claim that it's an easy fix, but since it's already been there once i'd say there's a fair chance to correct this asap, pretty please? (damn joystick is taking up 1/3 of my desk :down:)

On 20/05/2017 at 1:54 AM, DeathRoams said:

This DLC has been some what a waste of my money from the fake carrier(NO HANGER BAYS MAJOR PART!).

Blahblah...the carrier is free for all mate,  you didn't pay for it.

• Like 6

Wait, is there actually an advanced flight model I'm not seeing? 

Jets still don't turn when in a roll, stalls don't seem to stall so much as they make the planes slowly descend while maintaining their previous attitude, and bombs (and the impact point pipper) seem to come off the rails straight down through the lift axis regardless of which way gravity says they should. 

Does this change in the hidden advanced flight model or does advanced just mean that the throttle is no longer a speed setting but actually a measure of thrust?

Edited by DoombringerATT
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, DoombringerATT said:

Wait, is there actually an advanced flight model I'm not seeing? 

Jets still don't turn when in a roll, stalls don't seem to stall so much as they make the planes slowly descend while maintaining their previous attitude, and bombs (and the impact point pipper) seem to come off the rails straight down through the lift axis regardless of which way gravity says they should. 

Does this change in the hidden advanced flight model or does advanced just mean that the throttle is no longer a speed setting but actually a measure of thrust?

There is currently no advanced flightmodel. It did not make it into the release. Im also a bit alienated by the forum members who praise the FM. 

Why is everyone without Joystick complaining about the throttle? It's perfectly controllable with keyboard and if you have issues, then map it to something like ALT + Mouse Wheel up/down.

• Like 4