11 hours ago, Warmoer said:

In the internal weapons bay?

11 hours ago, AV8R_Six said:

@polpox
RE: Are you looking for the weapons?

No, no, I mean editor, placeable object not a weapon that actually fires.

I want these objects to make maintenance screenshots cooler.

• Like 1

Firewill's AWS has a missile rack but there isn't the ones form BIS> I do hope they release them, its such a small thing yet it adds so much more realism and lived-in-ness to a scene

Dynamic loadouts can't be changed ingame only in editor? Is that changeable to allow for dynamic loadouts for players ingame?

Hello. I have notice after the update that the laser designator, rangefinder, artillery protocols have disappeared from the mil sim. Have anyone else have this issue?

21 hours ago, S3blapin said:

Why, in the name of everything holy on earth, when I open my airbase it cuts my Engine!!!!!!?????

Why?

There's already the complete bullshot that you need an analogic brake (that open the airbrakes more or less) that fucked up half of my throttle axis, but I thought I could get used to it by remove the airbrake analogic and add instead a simple button...

But no!! Every time I decide open the airbrake my engine power go down to 0!!

So could you please go in nine with the standard behaviour used in Any more or less advanced game and properly code the jets:

- Throttle axis go from 0 to 100% in engine power!!

- Analogic airbrake is completely remove from the game in favour of the digital one (which is standard in nearly all plane today!)

- Digital Airbrakes only apply an overall speed reduction without impacting the engine power! You can then slow down without having to wait that the engine regime increase!!!

Hey, I'm sorry for I'm not sure I fully understand what are the exact issues. Will try to answer possible issues.

• If you're using "slider" axis for the throttle don't forget to map both halves of the axis. see https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/203793-fixed-wing-flight-model-dev-branch/?do=findComment&comment=2734759
  • (analogue) suffix in controls only says what kind of input has the action been intended for. It doesn't relate to the actual airplane.
    Normal Speedbrake is now the recommended action to use and it works with both binary input (keyboard) and an analog axis (joystick, throttle...). Making Speedbrake (analogue) obsolete - however the action has been retained in options because many players have it mapped already. Speedbrake (analogue) should not be used if you're not also using Thrust (analogue).
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, crewt said:

A "getVehicleRadar", to check the current Status of a Radar and a getter for marked/shared targets for/by one side.

Planned :)

7 hours ago, crewt said:

Also a little bit of clarification would be nice in regard of following cmd: confirmSensorTarget

By default, A3 doesn't confirm Targets? I have to define the sides once?

Arma currently doesn't confirm targets. At this moment the script command primary purpose is to allow mission designers to confirm specific targets based on the mission narrative (ORBAT or some kind of HQ, AWACS,... mechanics.).

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, masonddg87 said:

Hello. I have notice after the update that the laser designator, rangefinder, artillery protocols have disappeared from the mil sim. Have anyone else have this issue?

What exactly do you mean by the protocols pls?

• Like 1

Hey oukej,

is it possible to zoom and move the map in the MFD?

Would be great for orientation.

If it is not implemented now could it be implemented?

54 minutes ago, oukej said:

I'm guessing here but I think he may not realise you now need to manually press for ranges. 

1 hour ago, masonddg87 said:

you have to now hit a key (laze ) to get the ranges using the lazer /rangefinder / tanks new fcs. If this is what you mean.

The keybind is default # key or can be found off top of my head in weapons. 

After 10-15 hours play with Jets DLC , I would like to express my opinion.

Very high-quality work.

But there is one thing  that changes everything very much. I'm a fan of realism, but when it comes to sensors and missiles   range in arma 3 game(1.70), I do not agree.

For example this limitation 6km lock on AT missile on 5th generation Black wasp...or Radar with max 16km scan range...

It turn whole arma3 air gameplay with any jet -  to semihardcore CAS A-10 Thunderbolt II simulator. Cause the further up you are the closer you have to be to target to lock on. In game that mean I must fly at low altitude to lock on at 6km or I must fly at  normal altitude and only can lock on at 1-2 km from target.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oukej said:

Hey, I'm sorry for I'm not sure I fully understand what are the exact issues. Will try to answer possible issues.

• If you're using "slider" axis for the throttle don't forget to map both halves of the axis. see https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/203793-fixed-wing-flight-model-dev-branch/?do=findComment&comment=2734759
  • (analogue) suffix in controls only says what kind of input has the action been intended for. It doesn't relate to the actual airplane.
    Normal Speedbrake is now the recommended action to use and it works with both binary input (keyboard) and an analog axis (joystick, throttle...). Making Speedbrake (analogue) obsolete - however the action has been retained in options because many players have it mapped already. Speedbrake (analogue) should not be used if you're not also using Thrust (analogue).

Why shouldn't one use the Speedbrake (analogue) if they're not also using Thrust (analogue)? And does that mean that if someone is using Thrust (analogue) that Speedbrake (analogue) is better for them, or not?

Is it possible to seperate the wheelbrakes from the Thrust (analogue) axis? Now the only way to use wheelbrakes on planes is to lower the throttle to zero %, which is when the plane makes a full stop with a power you cannot achieve while using only airbrakes. 

The controls setup might be challenging but they are not impossible.  Here's what I use for my X52 setup for plane...the four inputs at the top that you don't see are the basic pitch and roll movements.  This graphic shows you the tricky ones and try this with your controller...NOTE: There are some dual mappings and that works just fine for some items.

@cas I believe the MAP MFD is default scaled on the speed of your vehicle...faster you go, the larger the map scale, slower = Smaller Scale.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=928687239

8 hours ago, oukej said:

When fires has end the AI says splash normally. In this case it end by repeating splash multiple times, an than no explosion or shells are way off mark.  

• Like 1

I have noticed after 1.70 when flying any aircraft when you press T to lock/reveal target an enemy, the game stutters for a "micro-second". This happens anytime the T button is pressed. I have the lock/reveal action also mapped to my HOTAS and it causes the same stutter.

12 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Sonic boom without the vapor cone? Hmmm

I think the same ...better if we have this effect visual

24 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Sonic boom without the vapor cone? Hmmm

Vapor on sound barrier as well as wing vapors are dependend on humidity in RL... so you don't necessarily see any.

so that is really what they built? It will happen maybe once in my next 100 hours of play ? :)

Hey,

So here i am giving a feedback, where mods and devs will totally ignore my post because it deliver true feedback, out of some people who plays their game for 50+ hours a week.

No this feedback is not on jets, its on Helicopters, and mainly mh-9 hummingbird and maybe other helos.

If the fact of me having bought each and every one of the single Bohemia DLC and expansion give more weight to my feedback,YES I BUY YOUR CONTENT.

First thing first, I have 6000+ arma 3 hours in Helicopters only. mainly mh-9.

Personally I only fly first person and this is my truth feedback.

------------------

Usually the camera in 1st person would gradually move aft as the speed increases this was PERFECT above anything else. Giving you the correct amount of situational awareness as close u get to the landing or take off.

NOW you are all time zoomed in, YES I KNOW U CAN ZOOM OUT WITH  "-" KEY, but that's just annoying u dont have that midspeed (50-100kts) slightly lean back camera who would give you enough FOV to see different landing zones.

We need that "speed regulated camera back"!

If you don't know what I am talking about i am happy to provide a guided video on this issue by PM on whoever Bohemia devs or mods might be interested on helping their customers and players.

-------------------

Although this feedback is mainly 1st person ill raise some awareness on the 3rd person situation too.

Some friend of mine who usually logs 110hours each 2 weeks (taken from steam) and has more then 7000h, had literally to stop flying 3rd person cause he gets sick. and since all he does in arma 3 is flying helos (just like me) he is not even playing arma 3 anymore.

I dont know if this is intended or not. BUT PLEASE, all the REALLY frequent and hardcore arma3 frequent flyers I know, are really disgusted and some of them totally had to stop playing.

And lets mention the fact of YOU CANT AUTO ROTATE IN 3rd person anymore. your camera is inside the ground... how am i SUPPOSED TO SEE MY LANDING SPOT?

DEAR BOHEMIA this is a true feedback out of some people who play this game for FLYING helicopter only,

please revert of fix those helicopter camera changes, we beg you.

Thanks for most likely not reading this.

A bunch of annoyed players.

@PistFlyBoy Can't confirm this. Or maybe the effect got reduced.But the cam is adjusting to speed, and leaning. So what exactly do you mean?

Also, please. Don't complain about nobody reading your post, if you most likely haven't read any post above you?

If you did, you could have seen that the people discuss about their problems together and the last DEV answered 12 hours ago.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, crewt said:

@PistFlyBoy Can't confirm this. Or maybe the effect got reduced.But the cam is adjusting to speed, and leaning. So what exactly do you mean?

Also, please. Don't complain about nobody reading your post, if you most likely haven't read any post above you?

If you did, you could have seen that the people discuss about their problems together and the last DEV answered 12 hours ago.

I mean the camera its not shifting with speed anymore in 1st person. Or maybe it does but not even close as how was it before:

Here is a picture of what i mean. Maybe its not the best ever but it will help you understand, since you dont seem familiar.

The BOTTOM of each of the two pictures is the original the top is slightly cropped off to fit in, but mainly take the cockpit as a referance.

As you see at 245 km/h pre-jet dlc i could see lets say 6 instruments completely,  WITHOUT MANUALLY ADJUSTING THE CAMERA (YES I KNOW U CAN ZOOM IN AND OUT WITH A KEY, but before i never had to use it)

Now Past-jet dlc, you can barely see the artificial horizon/altimeter/AI. and it doesn't shift more aft then that.

LoaL62V.png

slowing down you would gradually get into a more zoomed in position, but since u are fully zoomed in post jet dlc.

anyway hope you understood the issue.

• Like 1

OK I'm pissed now. From the complaint above. When using the laser to guide artillery shells in, the shells miss far off mark. Is this suppose to be a joke are what. Receiving the upgrade to 1.70 to lose the function of the laser guiding artillery shells sucks. This sucks to high heaven. 

1 hour ago, PistFlyBoy said:

I mean the camera its not shifting with speed anymore in 1st person. Or maybe it does but not even close as how was it before:

Here is a picture of what i mean. Maybe its not the best ever but it will help you understand, since you dont seem familiar.

The BOTTOM of each of the two pictures is the original the top is slightly cropped off to fit in, but mainly take the cockpit as a referance.

As you see at 245 km/h pre-jet dlc i could see lets say 6 instruments completely,  WITHOUT MANUALLY ADJUSTING THE CAMERA (YES I KNOW U CAN ZOOM IN AND OUT WITH A KEY, but before i never had to use it)

Now Past-jet dlc, you can barely see the artificial horizon/altimeter/AI. and it doesn't shift more aft then that.
slowing down you would gradually get into a more zoomed in position, but since u are fully zoomed in post jet dlc.

anyway hope you understood the issue.

I take manual control over my FOV anytime over that silly speed zoom we had to suffer from before.

• Like 1

re helicopter camera

• Like 1