Ok so overall enjoy the DLC, however one major glaring issue that ultimately is inexcusable considering the group responsible for the mod.  They say "dynamic load-out" but really its not, not in the sense I'm sure most of us were expecting.  I was expecting a system similar to the original f-18 mod that was first mod to allow dynamic load outs on the fly.  Considering that mod group is a lot of what makes up BO1 I'm a little pissed a system like this isn't in.  Fact that I have to decide a load-out in editor is complete bs, and worse can't even use this feature via Zeus.  So your stock with stock planes unable to adjust load-out at all.  Seriously FA-18 SU-35 have dynamic load outs, F-16, F-15, have dynamic load-outs, the USAF mod has dynamic load outs, and these mods have been around for well over 2 years with this function.  Why the hell does the dlc not have true "dynamic load-outs" vs just able to edit the load-outs via editor.  Really disappointed in BO1 for not having this in, and in BI for not saying to BO1 we want you to at least have features your original mod in then expand from there.  Guess once again up to the mod community to fix the oversight of BI.

• Like 1

[ramble]

My two cents that I wish at least someone agrees with:

Nices:

-New planes > *boris_nice.png*

-The carrier and its deck crew animations, and automated AA systems > very nice indeed!

-New radar and damage models > best shit ever

-Dynamic loadouts, good stuff. Wish it'd be more integrated with existing systems like ammo trucks (switch on the fly)

To imbroves imo:

-Stop. Recycling. Please. 

The deck crew vest is just the "Tactical Vest" with pouches removed from the model. The helmet is the default tanker helmet, and the uniform is the heli crew uniform.

You made the incredible, beautiful new carrier and its assets, but the crew part seems half-assed. 

Missed opportunities:

-I know I said to stop recycling, but the one part where it could have been done, its not.

The stomper could have been retextured to be a carrier tractor thingy

Ghosthawk and Huron could have received "NAVY" grey skins

-In apex you simply retextured the NATO (but not vehicles, meh). Simple retextures could have been made here to broaden the available

assets. For example, the NATO Combat uniform, but in digital woodland or desert, to create them 2035 marines to be used alongside the new carrier.

I know its sort of a tall order, but considering APEX, which was a paid DLC had half of its vehicles and units being simple retextures, I was kinf of

hoping at least some of it here. Sure, community can do it, but I'd like vanilla game to give me options to create a story :)

[/ramble]

• Like 1

A dynamic system for aircraft loadouts will likely come with 1.72 as being able to change it on the fly is one of the goals for the system.

• Like 1

I've had tons of fun with this, can't get enough off the Gryphon.

Overall such a big improvement for the air side of things, I really dig it.

Hope to see some 3-rack Scalpels on the Gryphon though, and maybe a double rack for weapons on the pylon the extra fuel sits on.

Seems the Buzzard has a lot more to choose from in terms of weapons, which is a bit odd. 

Also, please give the Wy-55 Hellcat gunner the ability to lase and guide targets, now it can't use the DAGR or Scalpels.

Congrats on release.

Regards

• Like 1

The new heli chase cam is atrocious.  Please give an option to choose between old and new or just go back to original.  Yaw upwards to slow and gauge landing zone and you're looking directly to the sky.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2017 at 4:32 AM, Grumpy Old Man said:

The mk21 centurion never seems to fire when being controlled by the AI.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Yes, you are missing the fun!

8 hours ago, Usual Drew said:

What is this new camera when flying a helicopter?

This is dreadful, I thought this was Bohemia interactive not Rockstar, why have you adjusted the camera whilst flying to the type of GTA V. 

Don't get me wrong everything else about this DLC is great, good work. However< I went from a pro at flying and now can't even land a heli without blowing up due to this new camera,

My feedback would be, at least have the option to revert back to the old camera rather than this, awful tracking camera. 

Real 'pros' fly in first person mate. Might be time to learn.

5 hours ago, Flippen said:

Things to imrove:
- Gripen needs smother animation for the canards.

- Gripen exhaust nozzle is waaaaaaaaaay too small. 0 power should be the current full power animation. ( see how it is on youtube )

- Option to use loadouts with like a ammo truck, handgar or the carrier.

- Still the same bad exhaust texture.
( when afterburner is not engaged there should be no "flame texture", like it is right now )
- Afterburner is needed.

- Better texture on the planes

1. It's smoother with a stick

2. Not a real gripen, not a big deal

3. They said they were working on it, it probably just didn't get finished before launch. I've had a PM or two with Oukej and he said they are working on doing more stuff post-release, including additional flight model changes

4. So?

5. Planes already perform very well without a burner, and the speeds the burner allows are unnecessary for A3 map sizes. Besides, I find that with how AB works now in its scripted form all it does is make dogfights less engaging and skill-based

6. Turn the graphics settings up or stop running Arma on a potato

Also I did the filter thing, still didn't find any static objects other than the carrier.

Gotta say, very impressive DLC and update. Amazing overhaul of sensors, radars and info panels and tons of other small things you've added. Great job BI and B01!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

No, people who don't like to have situational awareness only fly in 1st person. Flying in 1st person is not realistic and it doesn't make you 'pro'. Even with things like TrackIR, it doesn't come close to representing what you really see from inside the cockpit.

I agree that the new 3rd person helicopter camera is really bad. I hope they can change it back to how it was.

• Like 5

I like the DLC and all for the most part, but as many people have said, the 3rd person camera while flying makes me want to throw up, it's like being on a bumpy roller coaster IMO. Also, I'm not sure if this is just me or due to the different camera angles but I feel as if flying helicopters has become more stiff on the maneuverability? Maybe there's a way you could implement the option to change camera modes between the newly added one with the jets DLC and the one from before so that people can choose which one they prefer? Just a thought. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Puffhead57 said:

I like the DLC and all for the most part, but as many people have said, the 3rd person camera while flying makes me want to throw up, it's like being on a bumpy roller coaster IMO. Also, I'm not sure if this is just me or due to the different camera angles but I feel as if flying helicopters has become more stiff on the maneuverability? Maybe there's a way you could implement the option to change camera modes between the newly added one with the jets DLC and the one from before so that people can choose which one they prefer? Just a thought. 

I recommend HeadTracking Software like Track IR or FaceTrackNOIR/Web Cam combo and staying inside the cockpit...the biggest challenge for me is landing in a tight LZ in a chopper without crewmembers spotting for me.

Great DLC, however my only notes are that Zeus is not able to edit the pylons on the drones or planes and that one cannot test or save the different pylon options in the Virtual Garage.

Just flew around for about an hour or so and noticed a real pain in the but issue. I have an X-55 Saitek Hotas. The Lock Target, Reveal target buttons will not function in any aircraft. Tapping T to lock the target worked 1-2 times but you would think that the lock target function should be able to work from your Hotas no problem. The buttons im using on the stick are Saitek button #2 (RED) thumb button for reveal target. Saitek button #5 (Grey) side stick thumb button for lock target. Neither are working well to bring up, lock enemy targets well if at all. Attempted to lock onto friendly aircraft laser beam to drop a GBU and also attempted to make several attacks using the AG missiles from the Gryphon and the Black Wasp. NO luck locking anything from the joystick. Attempted to dogfight and could not get the AA SR or AA MR to lock onto the enemy aircraft when it was clearly in plane site and i should have been using guns instead of missiles. This issue was present before the JETS release, Was thinking maybe it would have been fixed.

7 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

I'm also guessing that real pros fly with one eye shut and not using right hand.

Jokes aside...

Change to the camera seems to be carried form jets and does require attention.

Not everybody uses the same setup, key-binds or hardware. Most reasonable solution is making it enjoyable for everyone.

I vote for changing it back like it was before. (like it is in Take On Helicopters)

If you look at discussion on steam (not likely to ever find anything intelligent there, but...) it is in flames over camera change.

Edit:

Looks like its being worked on so now we can get back to the Jets topic...

Edited by venthorror
added more info

The Jets DLC is a great disappointment so far to me. The flight model is bad, really bad. I was not exspecting DCS standards but at least something like Warthunder standards, which is a free-to-play title.
The FM is not from this world and does not rely on any physics from this planet. Planes roll on a perfect axis when banked, instead of turning slightly. For turning you have to roll 45-90 degrees and pull the stick, you can eben get the jets to fly backwards without droppign the nose by banking to 90 degrees zero thrust and nose up... thats all wrong. You can even fly inverted without stick force and since the is no lift axis is does nothing. The whole FM seems to be tailored for mouse and keyboard use, not for HOTAS users with deep Flight Simulator affiliations. 

another letdown is that carrier, it just drops an empty object in the editor... I h´gave up on trying to place anythign on it since every assets falls trough the deck.

BIS PLEASE stop adding "authentic" FM, rather try to catch real life FM. If a plane is not able to fly a standard turn or a canopy roll at all, your FM is simply wrong from any aerodynamic point.
Also, a plane with TO flaps down should take off by its own when to speed is achived thre should be no stick input needed. It seems that the current FM has no airflow dependend lift force vector at all.or at all.

Reference Source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_rate_turn

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrel_roll

• Like 1

Nice DLC!

I have still a hard time using the  GPS (map)

Could we get control over zoom level of the map.

I still have to open the big map (M) sometimes because i get disorientated.

Gryphon seems to lose the lock on target and moves away from the target when the plane fly ahead of the target. Works OK with the other DLC aircraft.

• Like 1

Overall mediocre DLC. But by far not the best DLC, like some guys like to put it.

My Feedback Overall:

( + ) a.k.a. :)

- New  Content, such like the Jets, the Carrier and the jet-powered UAV

- Improved AI, at least in some parts

- Addition of a new Radar Interface instead of the old one

( o ) a.k.a. :/

- Where is the role of the "old" jets now? CAS?

- Next time, please provide a tutorial to the controls because...

- The Controls are NOT mapped from the beginning in Huuuuuge parts

( - ) a.k.a. -.-

- What the HECK did you do to the camera? Especially in a helicoptre and a ground vehicle I would like to return to the old Systems. It may suit the new jets, but nothing else...at least allow us to change it again in the Settings!

- What the HECK did you do to the Auto-Hover-Ability coming with the V-44 and Y-32? The Xian was my favourite vehicle, and because of this I declared it KIA. The vector control may suit stick users, but please allow us to choose which WE would want to use....this is a Point that reaaaallyyy disappoints me! 

- Please inform us next time that you mapped the rangefinder controls to the salute Control...keeps bugging

- do NOT map the Window-right-control-whatever-thing to the mousewheel-menu!

Played around with Jets DLC with my group and we all had a blast! Awesome work B01 and BIS!

Dogfighting enemy aircraft, taking off and landing, and even placing cheetahs on the carrier while shooting down buzzards was super fun! :)

7 hours ago, nikiforos said:

Gryphon seems to lose the lock on target and moves away from the target when the plane fly ahead of the target. Works OK with the other DLC aircraft.

I've noticed this too.

The reconnaissance pod should have 360 degree capability like it is on the real world counterpart.

The Gryphon should also be able to attach bombs on the center pylon, not to mention DAGR and Scalpels etc on the wings, it's really lack luster in the armaments compartment right now. 

I really hope they get around fixing it soon, I love to fly that thing but right now the Buzzard is just a million times better, apart from speed

Also, the grey digital camo version have blurry textures, cant read the "Danger" sign on the intake. 

i found two error in russian words on To-201 Shikra. Yellow arrow left of stair. You write  - "ОТКРЫТЬ ФОНАР", but correct writing is "ОТКРЫТЬ ФОНАРЬ". And one on big red handle inside, in word "СБРОС ФОНАРЯ"  second and third words is upside down

9 hours ago, captmoose344 said:

Just flew around for about an hour or so and noticed a real pain in the but issue. I have an X-55 Saitek Hotas. The Lock Target, Reveal target buttons will not function in any aircraft. Tapping T to lock the target worked 1-2 times but you would think that the lock target function should be able to work from your Hotas no problem. The buttons im using on the stick are Saitek button #2 (RED) thumb button for reveal target. Saitek button #5 (Grey) side stick thumb button for lock target. Neither are working well to bring up, lock enemy targets well if at all. Attempted to lock onto friendly aircraft laser beam to drop a GBU and also attempted to make several attacks using the AG missiles from the Gryphon and the Black Wasp. NO luck locking anything from the joystick. Attempted to dogfight and could not get the AA SR or AA MR to lock onto the enemy aircraft when it was clearly in plane site and i should have been using guns instead of missiles. This issue was present before the JETS release, Was thinking maybe it would have been fixed.

Map that same button to Next Target (In Vehicle) in the WEAPONS Controls tab.  Works on my X52.

6 hours ago, Connor Northgate said:

Overall mediocre DLC. But by far not the best DLC, like some guys like to put it.

My Feedback Overall:

- Where is the role of the "old" jets now? CAS?

- Next time, please provide a tutorial to the controls because...

- The Controls are NOT mapped from the beginning in Huuuuuge parts

- What the HECK did you do to the camera? Especially in a helicoptre and a ground vehicle I would like to return to the old Systems. It may suit the new jets, but nothing else...at least allow us to change it again in the Settings!

- What the HECK did you do to the Auto-Hover-Ability coming with the V-44 and Y-32? The Xian was my favourite vehicle, and because of this I declared it KIA. The vector control may suit stick users, but please allow us to choose which WE would want to use....this is a Point that reaaaallyyy disappoints me! 

- Please inform us next time that you mapped the rangefinder controls to the salute Control...keeps bugging

- do NOT map the Window-right-control-whatever-thing to the mousewheel-menu!

- CAS has much more staying power and much greater flexibility with regards to target accuracy and anti-personnel firepower, and you don't have to pay $12 to use them

- Start with the new control preset

-Oukej already addressed the helicopters camera pitch, everybody seriously needs to calm the f*** down about this

-Yeah, VTOLs actually require skill to use now, not just anybody can fly it. What a thought. Get over yourself and put the time in like the rest of us to actually get good at it.

-The rangefinder was not mapped to salute on my end. If it was yours, it was not on purpose

-Why would you do that when the mousewheel is already used for zeroing and the scroll menu? That's a you problem...

As far as I can tell, you just seem to be another one-post spoiled whiny brat. The reason people are calling this the best DLC is because it completely changes the way aircraft interact with the Arma 3 sandbox. Sure, helicopters got some nice new features but they still operated much the same they did previously. Marksman was a bit more drastic for guns but it was NOT on the scale of jets. Jets introduced a new extended damage model for planes, totally changed the way "radar" works (which is nuts if you've been around a while and seen how it was in Arma 1, 2, and OA, and added the new custom info panels which are not a giant obvious game-changer but I can confidently say it is a game-changer nonetheless. Came back from dev branch to regular branch and I simply lacked the awareness I had when I had the custom info available, especially with regards to things like Drones and Mines (though not sure if mine detector custom info is back yet).

Oh yeah, and they added an aircraft carrier, in case you forgot, and that thing was NOT very user-friendly when they released it to the dev branch. And you're also forgetting the effort that went into not just the models and textures of the planes themselves, but also trying to get them balanced against each other so that they didn't feel the same.

Oh yeah, and as for the 1st person/3rd person thing, I'm not going to get into an argument about "pros" or what-the-hell-ever, but I fail to see how flying with a god's eye camera being able to see everything around you including from below and your 7-6 or 5-6'oclock blind spot from the pilot seat is realistic. In case you haven't noticed, not every helicopter can be a bubble-canopied open door wonder like the MD500 or R22. Some of them have visibility restrictions, especially for military helicopters which have to balance protection with visibility. You actually can't see out that well and do rely on other crew members to cover blind spots. And then there are groups who do not permit use of 3rd person. 3rd person helicopter flying is inherently unrealistic, but it does lower the skill floor so any issues do need to be addressed

• Like 4

Just a question to see if it is me: since the "64-upgrade" Arma 3 runs terrific on my pc. But now, after 1.70 with Jets DLC, I have a feeling that loading missions (in editor, I do nothing else than editor) takes more time, especially the details.

Curious if more people feel the same, or that I'm just mistaken.