The gun is boresighted to the plane's direction of travel. Use the nose indicator

Fixed Bugs

Can now fold wasp stealth's wings

Personally I like the Shikra gun sound, sounds less gamey and more like an actual autocannon

I can now launch the sentinel in manual controls

Launch speed no longer instant, I also like how you guys remembered that EMALS isn't a KERCHUNK-WHOOSH affair and that it's a bit more gradual, GJ :)

I can change vectoring on the ground again

Old Bugs

Launch position on cat 4, 2, 1 too far forwards, Cat 3 off a bit to the left and too far back (On 1, 2, 4, it seems the aircraft itself is centering on the catapult truck, rather than the front landing gear)

Carrier deck guide continues to be a bit too counter-clockwise, forward, and off to the right

KH 25 no longer reads as radar missile on Shikra MFD. Still has radar image (R-77 is the same, looks like an AGM image, perhaps this is a bug?) but it says IR now. Close enough I guess lol XD

Still can't throttle up Sentinel on deck with shift/z (EDIT: This one is weird, It's now affecting every plane, carrier or not, hit or miss. I have no idea what's causing it, spoiler with details)

Spoiler

Replication: Place a bunch of planes on the ground, drones included (Not VTOLS or helis, those are fine), enter mission. You'll find that only one plane, possibly one or two more can be throttled up or down. Even if you spawn in it. Doesn't seem to affect planes in flight, or planes that a player exited then entered if they spawned in flight. Tested on Altis

New Bugs

Planes that do not have a carrier launch script throw up an error now. Probably not really worth fixing so much as it will go away by preventing them from being able to do the launch sequence somehow

Spoiler

EB7597B5BA8C68E744D6EEF18BABAD6686420728

Requests/General Feedback

Perhaps the Blackfish should be able to recognize the carrier as a valid landing point for landing autopilot, it being VTOL and all...

Thanks for the info on key binding.  I've got it setup right now, and the percentage showing up helps... wish they'd add that for helos.

Another point, though, is wheel brakes.  It's too difficult to steer aircraft on the ground, even more so when on the carrier.  Independent wheel brakes would help, or at least some way of increasing the angle the nose landing gear will turn.

I know that's kinda detailed for the type of game Arma 3 is, but if you've got aircraft you can fly, you should be able to taxi around, too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aardvark892 said:

wish they'd add that for helos.

Helicopters have optional (and if you use HOTAS, highly recommended) Advanced Flight Model.

Feature you are asking for is already in the game and nicely polished...

@Hvymtal  Are you sure throttle issue is not related to your Flight stick? Because sometimes I had this weird bug where game would not pick up my throttle input unless i tapped throttle up on keyboard...

The new Jets don't allow you to zoom in your view to the same extent as every other vehicle in Arma. This needs to be changed, visual acuity zoom is important especially for jets.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, a_killer_wombat said:

The new Jets don't allow you to zoom in your view to the same extent as every other vehicle in Arma. This needs to be changed, visual acuity zoom is important especially for jets.

I noticed that, but it's also the same in Vanilla Jets pre-DLC release.  All the Jets have two-position zoom  in and out...whereas in cars, I can zoom in, out, and medium.

Anyone else here having issue with the autopilot and carrier? It's failing 4 out of 5 times for me, even though I am positioning my jet properly.

Furthermore I noticed that when one loads a savegame, the current state of the tailhook is not properly shown in the HUD. Probably also the case for the landing gear.

Fixed bugs

My weird throttle bug is gone now

Old Bugs

Launch position on cat 4, 2, 1 too far forwards, Cat 3 off a bit to the left and too far back (On 1, 2, 4, it seems the aircraft itself is centering on the catapult truck, rather than the front landing gear)

Carrier deck guide continues to be a bit too counter-clockwise, forward, and off to the right

Planes that do not have a carrier launch script throw up an error now. Probably not really worth fixing so much as it will go away by preventing them from being able to do the launch sequence somehow

New bugs

Y-32 Xian Vehicle Transport dynamic loadout only allows LOM-250G bombs, and has no presets or custom image

Automatic gear retraction now isn't working for me

Launch has now gone from smooth to really stuttery, almost like the old system. It does a small jump forward, then builds speed up to launch velocity and just goes

Requests/General Feedback

Perhaps the Blackfish should be able to recognize the carrier as a valid landing point for landing autopilot, it being VTOL and all...

KH25 perhaps might want to be labeled AGM instead of IR. Of course, it could be kept as a quirk specific to the Shikra

Autopilot for carriers comes in WAY too low, can cause collisions with far stern of flight deck

Xian really should have dynamic loadout MFD

Neophron really should have dynamic loadout MFD

Black fish HUD could be given the same treatment as the wasp, right now everything except FPI and NI is slaved to the HMD, including the ladder and horizon. Not a huge deal given its role but annoying

Buzzard, Wipeout, Neo really should lose the CAS suffixes which don't serve any purpose anymore

WY-55 could use those HUD improvements...

KH3 Fenghuang still lacks dynamic loadout (EDIT: According to Ondrej this is deliberate, moved to feedback)

Also, question for Devs, will there be any more significant flight model or performance changes to the aircraft before release? My work schedule got messed with and threw my plans into disarray, so I want to know if I can do my retest sooner rather than later

• Like 1

To throw my voice in:

I believe limited zoom in DLC jets adds to the overall balance.

Where old CAS jets, being inferior to the new ones, are having this "superior" zoom.

It is holding some balance against DLC jets having beyond visual range senors..

1 hour ago, Hvymtal said:

KH3 Fenghuang still lacks dynamic loadout (far from new)

So far this has been actually deliberate due to the drones current missiles. May change later on.

1 hour ago, Hvymtal said:

Also, question for Devs, will there be any more significant flight model or performance changes to the aircraft before release?

Most probably they will only happen after the release.

• Like 3

thx for reply, will alter post and will re-test and publish today :)

New feedback: To-199 could have mach effects, was able to hit 1228 km/h from 10,000m in a 60 degree dive. Limited circumstances though, so maybe, maybe not

FOR THE DEVS

Can you Please look into making some adjustments when it comes to how players are handled in Crashes to be a little more realistic. What do i mean? 

When a helicopter clips a building and drops to the ground 5 feet below it insta-splodes and will kill everyone because you fell on a wall. or When your helo takes a hit from AA and is going down but you put the wheels down and are rolling to a stop, you hit a small rock wall and instead of losing the landing gear you again insta-splode. When you are driving an aircraft and you belly land just a little hard, Insta-splode. If the vehicle rolls over during a landing it will Insta-Splode and kill everything unlike reality. Not saying that no aircraft that has ever rolled over has never exploded before. I would like to see the player given some time to get away even hurt due to the crash before the helo detonates. make it so that the leaking fuel will be the cause of the detonation but not until it runs completely out which could be 30-60 seconds after the crash or roll over. 

Tremendous scenarios can be created if the player could survive a light crashing or rolling over event. Exit animations can remain as they are just would make it so players can create some black hawk down moments as their extract is shot down and there might actually be someone to go rescue for once. 

The system is kind of ancient when it comes to how aircraft and helicopter crashes are handled and its time for an update that reflects reality with them. 

• Like 8

Bug: need to tweak Shikra AI, roll momentum causes them to just roll in circles until they crash

2 hours ago, captmoose344 said:

When a helicopter clips a building and drops to the ground 5 feet below it insta-splodes and will kill everyone because you fell on a wall.

While this issue regarding helicopters is off topic here. I feel a great desire to back this up.

Exploding helicopters, being one of those highly unrealistic issues Arma has, shouldn't transfer to jets.

It feels that this mechanic needs a little more attention.

Even if there are no plans for adding damage modeling. Still, this issue with exploding aircraft becomes more of a nuisance than just a realism issue.

Here is a video many of you might have already seen

Spoiler

Having said that, In reality: Jets seem to have much more flame crashes than helicopters...

Having so much fuel, with impacts being at high speeds.

I have not seen many jet crashes without booms.

• Like 3

On 5/11/2017 at 8:21 AM, OlegAckbar said:

There was gun cross at Black Wasp HMD before, but now it's gone! Bring it back, please!

I too second the motion to add the gun cross back to the Black Wasp.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bfgfreak said:

I too second the motion to add the gun cross back to the Black Wasp.

Third!  Gun Cross complimented with -w- waterline and accurate flight path (or velocity vector) indicator...VVI.

Um, did you guys not read my post? The gun is BORESIGHTED to the waterline, there isn't any need for a cross

• Like 1

Real Fighter Jet HUDs have Guns cross!

2 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Um, did you guys not read my post? The gun is BORESIGHTED to the waterline, there isn't any need for a cross

As far as I'm aware, guns aren't bore-sighted to the waterline for the real-life counterparts of the jets we currently have ingame. The gun should be bore-sighted to a gun cross which should be above the waterline.

1PU9ixQ.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a_killer_wombat said:

As far as I'm aware, guns aren't bore-sighted to the waterline for the real-life counterparts of the jets we currently have ingame. The gun should be bore-sighted to a gun cross which should be above the waterline.

What he said!

At the very least, the current hud layout feels so... how should I put this... off, without a gunsight. It took me a while before I figured out that the -w- was my also my bore. I don't want to say that it was counter-intuitive, but it took me much longer than it should have to figure it out which is why I seconded bringing back the gun cross. Maybe switch the -w- to a + when in gun mode, but as it stands right now it just doesn't feel correct.

Gunsight is completely wrong. I explained few posts before. TD box should follow target and gun lead circle should be where you need but TD box over gun lead circle. Gun cross on HUD is purely as reference only. What we have now is complete madness and not useable. Just watch videos I posted there.

Also waypoint tickmark on heading HUD tape still moves when you roll jet.

When target is not locked then lead circle shows where bullets will land for some fixed range - for examble 1200 m or so.

Mirage uses circle as TD box and big thick mark on bullets path snake to mark leading shoot point.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bfgfreak said:

At the very least, the current hud layout feels so... how should I put this... off, without a gunsight. It took me a while before I figured out that the -w- was my also my bore. I don't want to say that it was counter-intuitive, but it took me much longer than it should have to figure it out which is why I seconded bringing back the gun cross. Maybe switch the -w- to a + when in gun mode, but as it stands right now it just doesn't feel correct.

I also detected a difficulty in engaging with Guns because of what you noticed!

Has been the DLC delayed until 30-May ? I was going to buy it now but it appears on steam than the DLC will be released on 30 instead of 16 of may.

Well... the DLC bundle.

26 minutes ago, esfumato said:

Has been the DLC delayed until 30-May ? I was going to buy it now but it appears on steam than the DLC will be released on 30 instead of 16 of may.

Well... the DLC bundle.

On steam the release date of the Bundle 2 is 30. May. but Jets DLC is stated 16. May. I have no clue what that means. Fact is, all parts of DLC BUndle show as not installed on 5-16-2017 at 12:30 pm