7 hours ago, aardvark892 said:

Apologies first if I've put this in the wrong place.  I'm a bit dumb when it comes to navigating BI's forums.  My question is about the Jets DLC as in how controls might be altered.  As it stands with Arma 3 right now (unmodded), my Saitek X52 throttle can not have the zero (minimum thrust) set to the farthest back position of the physical throttle.  Zero can only be at the mid-point of the throttle range.  In other words, when I advance the throttle, it does not read as a positive increase until after I get halfway up towards maximum.  Unfortunately, that leaves very little range, and that results in very coarse throttle adjustments.  Will the Jets DLC give us a way to reset zero to the bottom of the throttle throw range?

Thank you in advance for any help, and again sorry if this post is located poorly.

Tim Schuster

You need to bind BOTH the + and - range of your throttle axis to the Analog Throttle keybind. Before this (pre-1.70) you only bind the + axis to Analog Throttle.

As MK84 said you need to bind the plus and minus throttle axis to the THRUST (Analouge) keybind.

I'm using a Thrustmaster HOTAS (http://img1.lesnumeriques.com/test/10/10301/thrustmaster-hotas-warthog_test_02.jpg) and the Throttle works full way up and down. 

Only thing that currently is bug'ed there is that you sometimes manually need to increase the thrust with the keyboard (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124646) but besides that n1 work BIS & B01

I'm quite positive surprised by Jets DLC saying this as a long time flight simmer (il2, DCS) and an aircraft engineer.

Ok we can't compare Arma3  flight model, damage model and realism with DCS or IL2-BoS given it is not pure flight sim. But it provides a lot of fun in terms of Arma style and what amazed me was performance, i was afraid on high speeds fps performance will suffer but it is amazing even on low altitudes. My settings are on ultra and view distance on 4000-6000m, i7 6700k with gtx1070 i get 60-120fps and even more, didn't watch it all the time.

Also it is quite fun flying it with trackir5 and HOTAS.

There is a one things i would add while staying loyal to Arma roots and that is:

-in current state when fighter went into stall it stays like frozen in one position while losing alt even moving flight controls on low (but not too low) stall speed it doesn't affect plane movement at all, it just stays frozen in one position, it would look more realistic and immersive if plane's nose or tail went down regarding center of plane's gravity and speed when in stall ,and weak reactions from flight controls on planes behaviour according to those speed.

Again this is not something really important that will ruin good experience in game.

Other than that i found Jets dlc even more fun than i expected so GOOD JOB BIS!

• Like 2

Reportin' ur bugs so u can fix ur shit, yee :)

Complements to the MFD chef :)

As far as I can tell, all HUD issues have been resolved

Launch position on cat 4, 2, 1 too far forwards, Cat 3 off a bit to the left and too far back (On 1, 2, 4, it seems the aircraft itself is centering on the catapult truck, rather than the front landing gear)

Takeoff speed still shouldn't be instant

F/A-181 Flaps indicator still buggers off, fuel still reads left-right instead of up-down

Still can't launch the sentinel in manual controls (note, it is possible to launch it unassisted, which while functional is kinda immersion-breaking)

Carrier deck guide continues to be a bit too counter-clockwise, forward, and off to the right

Wasp stealth can't fold wings in virtual garage

Wasp tailhook HMD indicator remains active after arrested landing

KH 25 reads as a Radar missile on the Shikra MFD

21 hours ago, oukej said:

Actually the new Speedbrake action = speedbrake + landing gear brake. I recommend unbinding Speedbrake (analogue) and using the new one (even with anlg. input)

Well, I was using Speedbrake action since its introduction, not analogue one, and still - airbrakes works like a charm, wheel brakes - doesnt work at all. Here is short vid:

As you can see i rebinded key just for sake of this video, then 0:50-1:18 tried to use Speedbrake action on low speed(doesnt slow down unless shut the power), then 1:20-1:57 tried same thing on higher speed(same as previous), then 2:00-2:20 tried to spool up engines while holding brakes. Last one even more weird - as you can see for a brief moment airbrake just went off by itself then engaged back again while i was holding button all the time. And again, plane brakes only when trottle is set to 0%.

Also whats up with the front chassis sinking into ground on 0:30-0:35 ?

On 5/3/2017 at 8:48 AM, flight1700 said:

Lol pretty sure the devs are no longer monitoring this, but hey, maybe they are silently stalking it .

LOL!  Noob!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, toiletuser said:

I'm quite positive surprised by Jets DLC saying this as a long time flight simmer (il2, DCS) and an aircraft engineer.

Ok we can't compare Arma3  flight model, damage model and realism with DCS or IL2-BoS given it is not pure flight sim. But it provides a lot of fun in terms of Arma style and what amazed me was performance, i was afraid on high speeds fps performance will suffer but it is amazing even on low altitudes. My settings are on ultra and view distance on 4000-6000m, i7 6700k with gtx1070 i get 60-120fps and even more, didn't watch it all the time.

Also it is quite fun flying it with trackir5 and HOTAS.

There is a one things i would add while staying loyal to Arma roots and that is:

-in current state when fighter went into stall it stays like frozen in one position while losing alt even moving flight controls on low (but not too low) stall speed it doesn't affect plane movement at all, it just stays frozen in one position, it would look more realistic and immersive if plane's nose or tail went down regarding center of plane's gravity and speed when in stall ,and weak reactions from flight controls on planes behaviour according to those speed.

Again this is not something really important that will ruin good experience in game.

Other than that i found Jets dlc even more fun than i expected so GOOD JOB BIS!

Remember, DCS is a flight sim, ArmA and IL2 are games!

Any chance we could get a 'tailhook down/up' key binding?  Being able to flip switches for my gear and flaps, but then having to scroll through the menu for the tailhook is a bit annoying.  I know it only applies to carrier launched aircraft, but there is a separate keybinding option for VTOL as well, so I'd like to see the ability to bind the tailhook action to a key/button. 

Also, I'm a bit confused as to the decision of where the FLOLS is positioned.  I get this is not a flight sim.  However, the FLOLS, or the 'meatball', is an integral part of carrier ops.  Not only is it in a position that it cannot be utilized properly, but it only lights up at night, and even then, just in red and blue.  I mean, if you are going to put it on the carrier, it would be nice if it were implemented properly.  If we are deeming it unnecessary because of the ILS, then just take it off.

7 hours ago, AV8R_Six said:

Depends on which IL-2 title are you referring to

/OT

• Like 1

UCAV with ai can take off with its wings folded. Any chance of the ai learning to drop its wings after a few seconds of taxiing? 

The mk21 centurion never seems to fire when being controlled by the AI.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

11 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Is its radar on? Either a wp set to combat or in the attributes go to the encom panel and set radar active. if that doesnt work its bugged out, but its working my end i've been using them all afternoon without problems 

14 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Am I missing something?

Cheers

It works for me when I set its emmission control to active. If it is stand alone it might have to do with its rather narrow radar cone.

Is there any current procedure/scripting for getting AI jets or the UCAV to take off from the carrier?

If you remote control centurion, you'll see its radar has a very narrow cone, you'll need supporting AA and datalink on, it'll track and fire then

7 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

If you remote control centurion, you'll see its radar has a very narrow cone, you'll need supporting AA and datalink on, it'll track and fire then

Do you mean that Data Links now support targeting instead of just broadcasting (own)/receiving/reporting?

No, datalink doesn't seem to support targeting, but the way it seems to work (And I'm not code digging, this is from in-game testing) is if, say, another SAM sees a target on its radar, and with datalink, the Centurion would be able to see the datalinked contact, but not be able to target since its at its six, but since it can see the contact thanks to datalink, it will turn around and find it with its own radar, at which point it will determine whether it is friendly, hostile, or neutral and engage accordingly. This does require sensors to be set to active as well, but with this setup I have no problems getting it to engage. With a clever enough mission designer, one could create radar coverage gaps that could be exploited to create interesting scenarios, while if the plane/heli strays into coverage, it will get shredded by the AA that was previously blind to it

Datalink should push all target information to friendly units. In a fifth generation scenario, sufficient communication of the threat environment is key. 

• Like 1

On 2017-5-5 at 2:31 AM, AV8R_Six said:

that's your opinion!

about arma we agree, but il2 is far better flight sim than DCS in terms of FM,DM and WW2 theatre, only thing DCS has better is clickpits and modern AC.....i like both sims from different reasons!

No need to reply cos i sense DCS forum warrior in you (from your salty response) and this is not thread for that.

cheers!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, toiletuser said:

that's your opinion!

about arma we agree, but il2 is far better flight sim than DCS in terms of FM,DM and WW2 theatre, only thing DCS has better is clickpits and modern AC.....i like both sims from different reasons!

No need to reply cos i sense DCS forum warrior in you (from your salty response) and this is not thread for that.

cheers!

No salt added here, you're right...DCS just has a balanced realistic flight model in most of the aircraft and it has it's limitations.  IL2 of years ago all the way to Battle for Stalingrad are great sims too.  My point was that we should expect ArmA 3 aircraft to be on par with ArmA 3 game engine capabilities and within the combined arms envelope of balanced.  My comment differentiating ArmA and IL2 from DCS was only to define differences in level of detail, realism, and pilot interface with the aircraft.  Basically pointing out that we should keep the feedback directed toward what ArmA 3 is capable of and think of the technical side of ArmA Aviation to be balanced with other ArmA platforms and game scenarios.

Looking forward to the Stable Branch Crossover soon 10-days to Release!

• Like 2

So far really enjoying the Jets overall -mostly as it adds another dimension to get into. Planes just never felt right in Arma and tho I lack the tech speak of why it feels better -it just is. One thing (and probably watch too much Top Gun as a kid) but I really look for the visceral experience and as the flybys sound pretty decent from the ground - they're almost non existent if you fly between a group of oncoming speeding jets. Have no idea what sound a real pilot might hear if any - but as it is its just the slightest whisper of a kinda static sound and doesnt really capture the feel of a close call for an air collision.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2017 at 9:20 PM, Hvymtal said:

No, datalink doesn't seem to support targeting, but the way it seems to work (And I'm not code digging, this is from in-game testing) is if, say, another SAM sees a target on its radar, and with datalink, the Centurion would be able to see the datalinked contact, but not be able to target since its at its six, but since it can see the contact thanks to datalink, it will turn around and find it with its own radar, at which point it will determine whether it is friendly, hostile, or neutral and engage accordingly. This does require sensors to be set to active as well, but with this setup I have no problems getting it to engage. With a clever enough mission designer, one could create radar coverage gaps that could be exploited to create interesting scenarios, while if the plane/heli strays into coverage, it will get shredded by the AA that was previously blind to it

Please clarify: should I take this to mean that the Centurion AI is able to (with no workarounds) receive and attempt to find-with-its-own-radar datalinked contacts? This may indicate a potential role for 'radar vehicles', albeit to 'steer' AI-operated AAA/SAMs instead of extending the launchers' de facto range/coverage...