The Carrier still has surfaces where it wont let you place objects without playing guessing games on what the height is of the where you are trying to place the object, this specifically happens on the left side of the Carrier and on almost all of the places where you are suppose to put the turrets.

Also just thought I'd point out that birds fly through the Carrier. That is all. 

9 hours ago, Blackbomber200 said:

I'll just leave these error messages here for Bohemia Interactive cause I don't know what they mean. This happened while in the To-199 and I don't have any mods on.

I know these aren't jets from the DLCs but these errors only happen on the Dev branch with jets.

Also the Carrier still has surfaces where it wont let you place objects without playing guessing games on what the height is of the where you are trying to place the object, this specifically happens on the left side of the Carrier and on almost all of the places where you are suppose to put the turrets.

Also just thought I'd point out that birds fly through the Carrier. That is all. 

From what I can tell, those errors seem to be the coming from scripts in the mission you are playing and not from any BI content.

• Like 1

• Added: A new setAirplaneThrottle script command 

YES ! This is great news ! It's ground-work for an autopilot system (official or not). Now, an auto-throttle system can be designed based on this command. Is there any chance we could get the same for Elevator/Aileron controls ?

Combined arms gameplay sometimes requires the pilots to "bring it down" a bit to be at the same pace as the infantry/mechanized/armored ground units. This means there's inevitably some idle moments. Spending them with an autopilot assist greatly reduces fatigue, and can also be used for more precise navigation, in case of bad weather, or just in general.

An official autopilot would be an awesome gift, and a simple heading/altitude/speed hold is really simple to program and deploy ;)

• Like 1

Any way to use the drones if i bought the DLC Bundle 2 ?

12 minutes ago, lapin said:

Grab a unit with a UAV terminal and put this in it's init, where "uav1" is the name of the UAV.

player connectTerminalToUAV uav1;

• Like 1

@lapin Did you redeem your BI store dlc bundle 2 keys on steam yet (if you bought it in the BI store i mean)?

34 minutes ago, xon2 said:

@lapin Did you redeem your BI store dlc bundle 2 keys on steam yet (if you bought it in the BI store i mean)?

I bought it on BIstore and clicked and i did redeem it, but it's not showing in steam for some reasons, anyway, i used what Flax sent me and it's working great.

However, i feel it's a bit weird there is only two GBUs on the big stealth drone

13 hours ago, lex__1 said:

UCAV Sentinel laser designator doesn't follow TGP \ And no more range data...

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124470

Mk21 not firing missiles

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124492

The first one is a known bug.

The second have you turned the radar on?  Either in the encom tab in the units attributes set radar active or place a waypoint on itself with it set to combat mode. Being an unmanned turret you cant set it to combat mode in the attributes and i think its default behavior is aware so it wont automatically turn its radar on. 

I know  you guys made some sweet afterburner FX for the F-18, SU-35 and F-18X mods. Would like to see those on the new DLC aircraft aswell. 

Also I wouldn't bother the PiP targeting camera in the cockpit, because the distance at which PiP in Arma is quite laughable. If it would improve preformance I'd just remove the PiP. 

Lastly, just a suggestion something I'd like to see personally would be to have somekind of stationary, static UAV operating theatre onboard the USS Freedom. If only for the simple fact that it would be a bit silly to have to stand on deck of a carrier with a big drone backpack. 

• Like 1

I 've found a few issues today - first one is the landing autopilot is broken today - AI and autopilot both crash into the back of the carrier.

Next up the new launch system seems a bit weird today - Will launch you when you are facing sideways/ backwards etc.

Lastly, jets launch position is too far forwards - hook in the deck should be attached to the front landing gear. Currently, the attachment point sits halfway up the airframe.

US_Navy_030625-N-9319H-005_A_Nimitz_crew3f4f051447d0b5a8d56b795a97eb83e5.jpg

• Like 2

For those who haven't found the changelog link...here it is.  Sort for most recent or flip to last page.

12 minutes ago, Komachi said:

Tailhook broken, but that is mentioned in today's changelog.

The crew animations however: http://onozuka.info/v/thething.webm

HORRIFYING

That Crewmember Jumping...looks like a double placement of unit...clear the space and put just one green guy down facing Port...

3 hours ago, lapin said:

Yes, I have found that you have to put them down under Bluefor Unit and leave the AI attached...the Empty Placement of Drones didn't work for me.  As long as you have no waypoints or directions encoded, you should be able to take control of the UAV.

Can't seem to get the sonic boom sfx to work.

F181 is coming in at 1200km/h, 10m altitude,

passes straight above me, no sound, not even the regular jet engine noise, dead quiet.

Can hear the birds chirp.

Cheers

10 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

passes straight above me, no sound, not even the regular jet engine noise, dead quiet.

Cheers

That's too slow at that altitude - you need to be doing 1225 at sea level to hit the speed of sound. At a couple hundred metres, I was hitting the effect at about 1280/90km/h.

Noticed two issues with F/A-181:

- Flaps indicator arrow on the display in the plane doesn't animate as expected, as you lower the flaps, the arrow moves away to the right.

- Script errors in tailhook up and tailhook down.

The arresting cables USS Freedom (tried in the Fighter Jets showcase) no longer seems to be stopping planes, or I keep missing them. Even with the landing autopilot, you end up driving overboard. Known issue I guess.

Loading a save game where the gear and flaps were down, gears and flaps raise up when the save game is loaded.

Edited by Sniperwolf572
Save game issue

Yay my post for today!

Cat detach no longer relevant

Can't confirm instant launch due to no arrested landings

Shikra head position bug still persists

Launch position on cat 4, 2, 1 too far forwards, Cat 3 off a bit to the left and too far back

Takeoff speed still shouldn't be instant

F/A-181 Flaps indicator still buggers off, fuel still reads left-right instead of up-down

UAVs still have no throttle position indicator

Still can't launch the sentinel in manual controls (And here I thought it was navalized lol)

Carrier deck guide still a bit too counter-clockwise, forward, and off to the right

Everything in the showcase mission seems just fine, other than not being able to land... conventionally

11 hours ago, Sniperwolf572 said:

From what I can tell, those errors seem to be the coming from scripts in the mission you are playing and not from any BI content.

Oh I see Sorry My bad. I guess they probably are, since the missions I'm playing were made before the Jets DLC and overhaul on flying.

5 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Cheers

I simply put a jet into the editor and selected the 'fast' movement - don't know if that changes how fast the jet will go - and works perfectly.

Have you tried with other jet?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Yay my post for today!

Cat detach no longer relevant

Can't confirm instant launch due to no arrested landings

Shikra head position bug still persists

Launch position on cat 4, 2, 1 too far forwards, Cat 3 off a bit to the left and too far back

Takeoff speed still shouldn't be instant

F/A-181 Flaps indicator still buggers off, fuel still reads left-right instead of up-down

UAVs still have no throttle position indicator

Still can't launch the sentinel in manual controls (And here I thought it was navalized lol)

Carrier deck guide still a bit too counter-clockwise, forward, and off to the right

Everything in the showcase mission seems just fine, other than not being able to land... conventionally

When your wingman reports the hydraulics failure it happens before he get the hit. Not a big deal but strange.

Just played the Jets Scenario today and it was a little lack luster in means of things to do also didn't let players try out Dynamic loadouts, which I still don't even know how to access by the way if anyone would like to tell me that would be appreciated. The Tailhook also does not work when you land on the deck it wont catch onto the wires, and this is me trying and autopilot trying. Also had this error message pop up in the official Jets Scenario by Bohemia Interactive and I do not have any mods loaded just Base Vanilla Arma III.3653E3D2419D66A1F544E90672B92A0E3AB5FCA5

Dynamics loadouts, double click on the plane in the editor (or right click and open attributes menu), pylon settings

There isn't an in game UI for it, though they have stated they are very much working on that

The ucav can still land when i set a wp in the uav terminal. Does the tail hook affect the ucav? Obviously not is it supposed to?

What would be good would be a waypoint, maybe in adavnced waypoints like landing, that allows AI to use to cat properlly instead of having to use all the bia functions to launch them. And a taxi wp so when ai do land the taxi out of the way of landing strip

Well.... I had a few weird ones.. I'm short in time, but I'll try to post a video later.

Jets DLC scenario:

-Launch sequence out of sync: I always take off before Lead. One crew member seriously glitching animation.

-Arresting hook first gives error message, then deploys (animation)

-Arresting hook does not. ;) (Overshot the deck every single time. Ended up bailing out on 3rd attempt after tipping over the edge).

Otherwise a cool showcase with some nice radio comms and all, but... (spoiler alert)

Spoiler

...could easily be made a little more interesting than just killing 2 jets and 2 tanks. Just my opinion.

• Like 2