rebel12340

[Release] Radio Jamming Script for Task Force Radio

8 minutes ago, Nicholas Lendall said:

OK SWEET! I have the mission working now to disable the jammer like in the video how do i add the addAction?

Kromka provded a way of adding an add action on the first page of this thread.

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/203810-release-radio-jamming-script-for-task-force-radio/?do=findComment&comment=3178248

Fuck yeah dude good shit! Now i have a reason to destroy radio towers lol next step is trying to add reinforcements to show up via paradrop, or vehicles if not destroyed in time lol

• Like 1

Do you want it for testing purposes or to show during the actual mission?

Add this to line 57 of the script (below where they TF receiving and sending distance multipliers are being set)

if (_interference > 1) then {hint "Your radio is being jammed!"};

player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", _interference];
    player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", _sendInterference];
    if (_interference > 1) then {hint "Your radio is being jammed!"};   

this good?

This looks cool, I'm working on something right now that could use this.

I guess the ultimate form of this that I'm after is the ability to use Zeus+Achilles to spawn in a jammer when I want. Any ideas on how to move towards such a goal? The SQF can live in the Zeus Mission's scripts folder, but is it possible to create a new object in Zeus using Achilles that executes the code...?

On 7/28/2019 at 2:58 AM, Kritty Cat said:

I guess the ultimate form of this that I'm after is the ability to use Zeus+Achilles to spawn in a jammer when I want. Any ideas on how to move towards such a goal? The SQF can live in the Zeus Mission's scripts folder, but is it possible to create a new object in Zeus using Achilles that executes the code...?

I've never used Achilles, so I'm afraid I can't really be of much help with that.

Hey, is it possible to not only choose which side's radios will be affected, but define specific radio devices? I would like to adapt the script so it would jam, as example, only blufor long-range radio XYZ, other long ranges and short ranges would work properly. I'm not a programmer and I have a minimal knowledge about such things, that's why I ask.

On 1/9/2020 at 6:28 AM, Honger said:

Hey, is it possible to not only choose which side's radios will be affected, but define specific radio devices? I would like to adapt the script so it would jam, as example, only blufor long-range radio XYZ, other long ranges and short ranges would work properly. I'm not a programmer and I have a minimal knowledge about such things, that's why I ask.

I believe that both long and short range radios use the same variable to determine their transmission power, so you can't jam a player's short range radio separate from their long range radio. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Hello, please for help
Your script is brilliant, but I don't know how to set the jumper on and off like in this video

I tried to use a script from KROMKA that you refer to, but I don't know what to write or copy. could you please help me?
my code is at the moment original as you created it.
sorry for my english .. I use google.translate. I'm from Czech Republic 🙂

thank you

edit  : When you paste this code into initLocalPlayer.sqf

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YKmn8hRNWHiSgCTt5

I see this error

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EYBXyAz73Pk8apMa6

Hello, exist any method for disabled jamming after destroy item named jammer 1 ... ? so that others continue to work?
 Thanks.

initPlayerLocal.sqf

radioJammer = [[jammer1, jammer2], 26   00, 50, FALSE] execVM "scripts\TFARjamRadios.sqf"; // Small Type
radioJammer = [[jammer3, jammer4, jammer5, jammer6], 3600, 50, FALSE] execVM "scripts\TFARjamRadios.sqf"; // Big Type

On 3/12/2021 at 8:00 AM, Grayson_1999 said:

I also got the same error while putting those code in the initLocalPlayer.sqf. Does anyone have any idea?

Me too. It's repeating on the dedi log as well approx 5 times every second. If anyone figures out the issue, I'd be very appreciative. 

Hi, i'm really new editing mission on ARMA 3. Can you chare how to use your scripts? I want to have a mission using your scripts with a Telecom tower and when the telecom is destroy the comunnications is restore.. how i can do that? Can you help me doing a video in youtube :D

9 hours ago, Kayien said:

how to use

There are instructions and an example mission in the first post.

Hello, I'm quite new to arma scripting and I was wondering if anyone could help me understand some of the values being used so that I can adjust my jammer settings without breaking the script. Any help would be greatly appreciated!