rebel12340

[Release] Radio Jamming Script for Task Force Radio

Hi!

Mind if I add some snippets of the script to Antistasi? I would like to add this for the PvP players, so the rebels can use their owned radio towers as jammers for NATO.

Of course I Will credit you.

4 hours ago, barbolani said:

Hi!

Mind if I add some snippets of the script to Antistasi? I would like to add this for the PvP players, so the rebels can use their owned radio towers as jammers for NATO.

Of course I Will credit you.

Of course!

6 hours ago, blow56 said:

How do you increase strength/radius?

If you open the script, that information is listed at the top.

Parameter(s):
0: ARRAY of object(s) (Required)- Entity(s) that will cause the radios to be jammed.
1: NUMBER (Optional)- Range of the jammer in Meters. Default is 1000.
2: NUMBER (Optional)- Strength of the jammer. Default is 100.
3: BOOL (Optional)- Enable Debug. Default is False.

Example: [[jammer1],500, 100] execVM "TFARjamRadios.sqf";// This would make jammer1 the active jammer, and would have a radius of 500m and a strength of 100.

• Like 3

Radio Jamming for TFAR Script update (version 0.2.0)

Download Link: Radio Jamming Script for TFAR version 0.2.0

Changelog

- The debug function will now create markers locally rather than globally.
- The script will now (properly) jam sending transmissions as well as incoming transmissions.

- Changed the default "strength" of the jammer to 50 (previously 100) to hopefully compensate for sending transmissions being jammed.

Note: Due to some of the changes in this script, if you choose to update any of your missions that used the previous version of this script, and had set a custom strength value for the script, then you may want to lower the custom strength value that you had set.

If you experience any issue with the update, please don't hesitate to let me know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

im kind of new to eden editor, i managed to get it working on my mission the thing is there is a constant message where the chat is about the jammer, is there somewhere i can deactivate the chat or the jammer from sending messages ?

https://i.imgur.com/8XE2T89.png

edit: also its creating a marker on map 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Duke84 said:

im kind of new to eden editor, i managed to get it working on my mission the thing is there is a constant message where the chat is about the jammer, is there somewhere i can deactivate the chat or the jammer from sending messages ?

https://i.imgur.com/8XE2T89.png

edit: also its creating a marker on map 

You are running the script with debug mode enabled. All you need to do is remove the last parameter in the line used to execute the script (the bit that says TRUE) and the text/markers will stop showing up. It should end up looking similar to this: 

jamRadios = [[JAMMER],1000,50] execVM "TFARjamRadios.sqf";

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, rebel12340 said:

You are running the script with debug mode enabled. All you need to do is remove the last parameter in the line used to execute the script (the bit that says TRUE) and the text/markers will stop showing up. It should end up looking similar to this: 

jamRadios = [[JAMMER],1000,50] execVM "TFARjamRadios.sqf";

thank you! 

@rebel12340 - hi there, have some errors, forwhich I give the flw screens. 1st - innitPlayerLocal, 2nd on start lobby and 3rd in game. Could you please have a look.

Thanks and have a great day

https://imgur.com/a/8n1y1sJ

3 hours ago, Spoor said:

@rebel12340 - hi there, have some errors, forwhich I give the flw screens. 1st - innitPlayerLocal, 2nd on start lobby and 3rd in game. Could you please have a look.

On 18.4.2017 at 9:01 AM, rebel12340 said:

To use this script simply place down the object(s) you want to act as the jammer(s) in the editor and give the object(s) a variable name (Ex: Jammer1)

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Spoor said:

In addition to what Dedmen said, looking at your initPlayerLocal.sqf you have the following lines:

Line 1: radioJammer = [[jammer1, jammer2], 1000, 50, TRUE] execVM "scripts\TFARjamRadio.sqf";
Line 2: if (side player == EAST) then {jamOpforRadios = [[Jammer1]] execVM "TFARjamRadios.sqf";};
Line 3: if (side player == WEST) then {jamBluforRadios = [[Jammer2]] execVM "TFARjamRadios.sqf";};

You should really only be using either line 1 by itself or lines 2 and 3 together, not all three lines together. The way you currently have it, the script will run twice (unless the player's side is set to independent), which may cause some issues.

@rebel12340 @Dedmen - both I did. Rebel I deleted the first line with "//" in the initPlayerLocal - let me do some clean tests without any other script / mods - let y know -  thanks replies

56 minutes ago, Spoor said:

both I did

But the error message you posted says you didn't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 1

@Dedmen @rebel12340 - probably something when wrong by merging maps/missions. I had multible object(s)  Jammer1,  Jammer1_1 , Jammer2 and Jammer2_1 have overlooked this, problem solved - thanks

Is there a way to play a sound file then players try to broadcast, to let them know the jammer is active?

Is there a performance hit related to the size of your jamming area? Would a 2km area be detrimental compared to a 200m area?

15 hours ago, BadHabitz said:

Is there a way to play a sound file then players try to broadcast, to let them know the jammer is active?

This could probably be done using the OnTangent event handler for TFAR: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Events

15 hours ago, BadHabitz said:

Is there a performance hit related to the size of your jamming area? Would a 2km area be detrimental compared to a 200m area?

As far as I'm aware, the size of the area shouldn't really be a factor as far as performance goes. The only thing I can think of that would affect performance would be the amount of jammers, as the script has to find the distance from the player to each jammer to find the closest one. I haven't done any real sort of testing on the matter to see what sort of performance impact there is, though.

5 hours ago, rebel12340 said:

This could probably be done using the OnTangent event handler for TFAR: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Events

Thanks for the reply. I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do that, so I'm just going to abandon the idea. Thanks though.

hey bro i tried to play the Example Mission and it says it missing tfar_backpacks and tfar_handhelds. Are you willing to update this Script to the new v0.9.12 TFAR? Or am i doing something wrong lol

20 minutes ago, Nicholas Lendall said:

https://imgur.com/Fcl4JE9      this is the error i get when i play with the default params

Double check that the variable name(s) you have in the activation of the script match the variable name you have assigned to the object(s) you want to act as the jammer(s).

In other words, if you're executing the script as such:

[[jammer1, jammer2, jammer3], 1000, 50, TRUE] execVM "scripts\TFARjamRadios.sqf";

You would need to have three jammers, one named jammer1, one named jammer2, and one named jammer3.

Hope that helps.

38 minutes ago, Nicholas Lendall said:

to the new v0.9.12 TFAR

That's old TFAR.

38 minutes ago, Nicholas Lendall said:

it says it missing tfar_backpacks and tfar_handhelds

You need the new TFAR Beta apparently.

OK SWEET! I have the mission working now to disable the jammer like in the video how do i add the addAction? Also if i set it to a radio tower can i disable it by blowing it up?