rebel12340

[Release] Radio Jamming Script for Task Force Radio

16 hours ago, xXThanatosXx said:

I will tkae screenshot later one and post it :)

Here is the message i keep getting
https://ibb.co/fCO8p7

Hmm. Strange. I tested it using the example mission and did not recieve an error. How are you executing the script?

1 hour ago, rebel12340 said:

Hmm. Strange. I tested it using the example mission and did not recieve an error. How are you executing the script?

Error happens when you pass nil's as first parameter. My guess is he is passing variable names of units that don't exist because no player filled their slot.

I placed a laptop as Jammer1 . but yes there is some units that are not always filled by players....  

well 

I place the script folder with the script in the mission folder

Added initPlayerLocal file

and set up a jammer in a laptop naming it Jammer1 

5 hours ago, xXThanatosXx said:

I placed a laptop as Jammer1 . but yes there is some units that are not always filled by players....  

well 

I place the script folder with the script in the mission folder

Added initPlayerLocal file

and set up a jammer in a laptop naming it Jammer1 

so, in the initPlayerLocal file you have something similar to this?

radioJammer = [[jammer1]] execVM "scripts\TFARjamRadios.sqf"

As Dedmen said, it's likely due to an incorrect variable name being passed as the first variable, so, if you haven't already, make sure you double check that you spelled the variable name the same both on the laptop and in the initPlayerLocal.sqf.

5 hours ago, rebel12340 said:

so, in the initPlayerLocal file you have something similar to this?

radioJammer = [[jammer1]] execVM "scripts\TFARjamRadios.sqf"

As Dedmen said, it's likely due to an incorrect variable name being passed as the first variable, so, if you haven't already, make sure you double check that you spelled the variable name the same both on the laptop and in the initPlayerLocal.sqf.

Yea will check that. I opened again the sample mission and i dont get any error neither jamming though but i will try it again today and see what bloody thing i messed up :P 

Anyways Great Script i will post again when i check everything. Thanks A LOT FOR THE HELP you guys are awesome :) 

Your radio isn’t being jammed in the sample mission? What version of TFR are you using?

17 hours ago, rebel12340 said:

Your radio isn’t being jammed in the sample mission? What version of TFR are you using?

TFAR* :f:

@rebel12340 - Hi there, trying to run your script (sample mission) but unfortunately I dnt succeed. Is the script broken after some updates ?? or is it me ?

Please to hear thanks

Best Spoor

5 hours ago, Spoor said:

@rebel12340 - Hi there, trying to run your script (sample mission) but unfortunately I dnt succeed. Is the script broken after some updates ?? or is it me ?

Please to hear thanks

Best Spoor

What problem are you having, exactly? It should be working as of, at least, TFAR version 1.0.274

@rebel12340 - thanks yr reply - its just not working for me but let me first check the scrip again on a dedi and with some players before wasting yr time - reverting - thanks

Best Spoor

Were you not testing the script with other players before?

Is it possible to add the Radio Jamming Script to an moving vehicle ?

Thank you rebel12340 for this script !

nice idea it's really needed!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rebel12340 said:

Were you not testing the script with other players before?

Hi, indeed just on my own. I was expecting that that was the problem will test over the weekend and let you know - thanks

9 hours ago, neodyn said:

Is it possible to add the Radio Jamming Script to an moving vehicle ?

Yes.

3 minutes ago, Spoor said:

Hi, indeed just on my own. I was expecting that that was the problem will test over the weekend and let you know - thanks

Yea. TFAR (and, subsequently, this script) will only work in multiplayer.

On 5-5-2018 at 12:28 AM, rebel12340 said:

Yea. TFAR (and, subsequently, this script) will only work in multiplayer.

@rebel12340  Works fabulous - thanks

• Like 1

For my new mission i want to create TFAR Jamming vehicle with an option to turn on/off the TFAR Jamming feature. 

So is it possible to turn on/off  your TFAR Jammer script with an addAction ?

How can i realize this with addAction?

On 5/7/2018 at 2:27 AM, neodyn said:

For my new mission i want to create TFAR Jamming vehicle with an option to turn on/off the TFAR Jamming feature. 

So is it possible to turn on/off  your TFAR Jammer script with an addAction ?

How can i realize this with addAction?

Having not tested it, something such as this, I think, would get the job done:

Action to Enable the jammer

jammer1 addaction ["Enable Jammer", {[[[jammer1]],"scripts\TFARjamRadios.sqf"] remoteExec ["execVM"];}]

Action to disable the jammer

jammer1 addaction ["Disable Jammer", {jammerEnabled = false;  publicVariable "jammerEnabled";}];

And then you'd have to edit the script and put this somewhere near the top:

jammerEnabled = true

and edit the while loop to be dependent on jammerEnabled being true

while {alive _jammer AND jammerEnabled} do

That could be one way of doing it.

On 4/27/2018 at 1:24 AM, Spoor said:

Please to hear thanks

Best Spoor

@rebel12340I have this issue too. I tried this sample mission in my team server with my teammate. But not succeed.

TFAR version 0.9.12

21 hours ago, Carlos Leung said:

@rebel12340I have this issue too. I tried this sample mission in my team server with my teammate. But not succeed.

TFAR version 0.9.12

@Carlos Leung - hi there, I made the mistake on my side the script runs perfectly. You need to be atleast with 2 guys and take a little distance from each other and you will then notice that it works - have fun

Best

• Like 1

@rebel12340 - Hi again, working on a TvT Campaign where both factions will have jammer-equipment. Blufor will have Jammer1 disturbing Opfor players and Opfor Jammer2 disturbing Blufor players. How can I accomplish this ? - (nood here)

Thanks

Best Spoor

On 5/24/2018 at 1:33 PM, Spoor said:

@rebel12340 - Hi again, working on a TvT Campaign where both factions will have jammer-equipment. Blufor will have Jammer1 disturbing Opfor players and Opfor Jammer2 disturbing Blufor players. How can I accomplish this ? - (nood here)

Thanks

Best Spoor

Since the script runs on each client locally, you would just need to run the script for each side. I believe you would just change the code in the initPlayerLocal.sqf to something similar to this:

if (side player == EAST) then {jamOpforRadios = [[Jammer1]] execVM "TFARjamRadios.sqf";}; //Jams Opfor's radios, using Blufor's jammer as the active jammer.
if (side player == WEST) then {jamBluforRadios = [[Jammer2]] execVM "TFARjamRadios.sqf";}; //Jam Blufor's radios, using Opfor's jammer as the active jammer.

• Like 1

On 25-5-2018 at 11:51 PM, rebel12340 said:

Since the script runs on each client locally, you would just need to run the script for each side. I believe you would just change the code in the initPlayerLocal.sqf to something similar to this:

if (side player == EAST) then {jamOpforRadios = [[Jammer1]] execVM "TFARjamRadios.sqf";}; //Jams Opfor's radios, using Blufor's jammer as the active jammer.
if (side player == WEST) then {jamBluforRadios = [[Jammer2]] execVM "TFARjamRadios.sqf";}; //Jam Blufor's radios, using Opfor's jammer as the active jammer.

Thanks will noboubt work will let you know testing later this week.

Hey thanks for the awesome script @rebel12340 I've added 5 jammers across the map for my units latest ALiVE mission, and the script works great.
We often forget about the jammers and will be pushing into a town to clear it when the radio comms start to degrade. All of a sudden the mission turns from a sweep and clear, into "where's that bloody jammer" :rofl: 

I also believe it resulted in our CAS pilot dropping munitions on a friendly position. All great stuff, thanks again

• Haha 1