Sign in to follow this  
dethjeff

"KA weapons mods New" removed and I cant edit my mission now

Hi, made a complex base for my missions to launch from and I used the "KA weapons mod New" to have a lot of guns.

Today I tried to edit the mission and I now get errors saying parts of the KA mod are broken and it wont load the mission in eden so I can fix it.

-The mod is gone from the workshop,,, no access to the page

-wont load in MP

-from what I have seen I cant see the KA mod in the mission config file (to delete it)

-the mod has been removed from my game files on my PC so I cant load it that way either.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I spent about 30 hours setting the mission up and Im not happy at BIS right now. because a mod is broken it should still be removable in eden.

Are you sure its not in the mission.sqm, under Addons?

If you can't or don't want to modify the mission.sqm, use the merge feature (Ctrl+M) and merge the mission you want to use into the current scenario, then save the mission.  Also some future advice, only edit missions when you're running just the essential mods for the mission.

Also, wrong  forum section.

• Like 1

sorry for the wrong section post.

Thanks for the help.... i figured it out on my own after I hit myself in the head with a tack hammer a couple of times

14 hours ago, dethjeff said:

Hi, made a complex base for my missions to launch from and I used the "KA weapons mod New" to have a lot of guns.

Today I tried to edit the mission and I now get errors saying parts of the KA mod are broken and it wont load the mission in eden so I can fix it.

-The mod is gone from the workshop,,, no access to the page

-wont load in MP

-from what I have seen I cant see the KA mod in the mission config file (to delete it)

-the mod has been removed from my game files on my PC so I cant load it that way either.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I spent about 30 hours setting the mission up and Im not happy at BIS right now. because a mod is broken it should still be removable in eden.

Loads of Addons/Mods have been removed from the steam workshop due to IP Violations. A lot of content has been uploaded by users who didn't have the right to upload the content.

found a workaround that wont trash a mission file if a mod like this is removed.....

1 install the complete arsenal mod and place it in the editor

2 DO NOT set any modded ammo boxes or equip any players with modded weps in the editor

you can now safely have modded weps that wont trash you mission if they get deleted (hopefully).

Downside of course is your players must equip themselves in game

TENER LA PRECAUCION DE HACER UNA COPIA LOCAL DEL MOD, LAMENTABLEMENTE ME PASO LO MISMO.

Y NO ME DI CUENTA A TIEMPO.

TAMBIEN PASO CON LEONA CARÁCTER, FUE UNA GRAN PERDIDA.

ANUNCIANTE DEBERIAN CON MAS TIEMPO

Edited by ariel777111
ERROR ESCRITURA