You don't play often in aircraft if you feel the actual model good ... It is bad compare to all ground unit ( soldier / jeep / tank / support ). With what we request here, the game could be 10000x more enjoyable and you would appreciate the change ;) :D.

You guys are asking for a DLC, the actual model its pretty reasonably for the game (show-off at mission, flyby low pass near players (Nicholas Cage in The Rock style :D). I find that its missing are the afterburners to gain burst of acceleration after a low speed bombardment, better lift coefficient in flaps and stall warning (beep and visual).

I would actually be quite happy if BI said they were going to leave all airplane-related issues the way they are, but confirmed that they would release a DLC that would fix all aircraft. I just want to know that they'll do it at some point.

Also, check out my feedback ticket here about the possible implementation of a damage alert system.

I would actually be quite happy if BI said they were going to leave all airplane-related issues the way they are, but confirmed that they would release a DLC that would fix all aircraft. I just want to know that they'll do it at some point.

Also, check out my feedback ticket here about the possible implementation of a damage alert system.

This would be good if they were say, releasing a whole new line of content, including more fixed wing (Not necessarily attack, but more along the lines of civilian prop).

@the_Demongod : Source of Aircraft DLC ? Fix the air part of arma would be really great. Make a DLC for the air part mean huge change and no dev speak with the community about aircraft problems ... :(

I just tried the new CAS jets and had a couple of questions.

How come both these planes (the Neophon particularly) don't turn when you bank the aircraft? They feel very, very weird to fly from some one who is used to flight sims. Heck even bf2 etc feel more accurate than this with regards basic flight dynamics and expected reaction to control input. Physx seems to not have done much for aircraft, the feel as wooden and odd as ever.

Also, when you are on the ground trying to taxi, why don't the control surfaces operate until you have 80-90% power applied? We need proper nose wheel steering. Can't the implementation of Physx help with this kind of OFP era ad hoc stuff.

Also, it would probably be nicer to have rocket pods (on each wing) fire alternately when firing.

Might want to keep this topic in the Fixed Wing Flight Model thread. Also, they already know of this banking issue, they are probably working on ways to implement this. As for the rocket pods... Hell idk. HE's are for infantry and light vehicles, and AP's are just to scare the fuck out of the enemy. XD

@izaiak sorry I didn't mean there was a confirmed one, I meant I would be happy if they confirmed one, just as long as they didn't leave us in the dark about what changes would happen. I'd rather know that a feature is coming or not coming and when than not know whether or not it would be implemented.

Since I've fallen in love with DCS series, I never touch the fixed wings of ArmA series. DSC: A-10C is really my sexy bitch in the bed.

"FixedWingLib CGF offers high-fidelity maneuvers for air combat, close air support and other real-world military and civil manned and unmanned fixed wing operations.

Developers can use FixedWingLib CGF aircrafts and maneuvers in their simulation scenarios and they can build new high-precision maneuvers by using the maneuver controllers from the real-time C++ library."

http://www.rtdynamics.com/v2/wp/2010/fwl-cgf/

Something to look at? Idk, just ran across it while looking up RotorLib for helicopters.

"FixedWingLib CGF offers high-fidelity maneuvers for air combat, close air support and other real-world military and civil manned and unmanned fixed wing operations.

Developers can use FixedWingLib CGF aircrafts and maneuvers in their simulation scenarios and they can build new high-precision maneuvers by using the maneuver controllers from the real-time C++ library."

http://www.rtdynamics.com/v2/wp/2010/fwl-cgf/

Something to look at? Idk, just ran across it while looking up RotorLib for helicopters.

Been known about and suggested since TOH, but its good to bring it up again.

Dan;2704955']Been known about and suggested since TOH' date=' but its good to bring it up again.[/quote']

Never knew, but now i know. It seems like this could be put to great use in Fixed-Wing, as an option though, just like how the TOH-FM is to be added with the Heli DLC. Maybe have the fixed wing flight model tested to see how great it works in the RV4 engine as well. Would take time of course, but it's worth a start in improving the flight models, as some flight models are insane. As the vanilla Flight models stays with Fixed Wing, it's pretty good, but could still use tweaking here and there. Taking a look at this, could boost the process, so i believe.

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

Looks like we will have a helicopters DLC at some point, so Fixed Wing DLC doesn't look quite out of question.

A fixed wing DLC, would be something i would pay good money for. :don 13:

The most frustrating thing is that we have no idea whether our ideas are being noticed or anything. It would be really nice if BI kept a running list of possible features to be implemented in DLCs and future updates.

It would be really nice if BI kept a running list of possible features to be implemented in DLCs and future updates.

The neverending story (/list) part 2.

It would be really nice if BI kept a running list of possible features to be implemented in DLCs and future updates.

The neverending story (/list) part 2.

n3aBE12.jpg[/img]

it would be really nice if BI kept a running list of possible features to be implemented in DLCs and future updates.

Correction, an organized list of the most logical things to improve or add on to the foundation of Armaverse. Not baby steps, but rather Simple strides.

The most frustrating thing is that we have no idea whether our ideas are being noticed or anything.
:couch:

Why not keeping the A-10 FM for the A-164? It was much better!

Why not keeping the A-10 FM for the A-164? It was much better!

I agree. It was a ton better. They should probably add that Flight model and tweak it a bit for the Wipeout. I mean they really screwed up with the ery first release of the Wipeout. I could turn around in less than literally 2 seconds.

:couch:

I know it's just a couch emoticon, but it really does make a big difference to see you devs come around every so often. It's a reminder that we're all working toward a specific goal, and not just spewing random ideas at the forum, so thanks guys.

Edited by the_Demongod

Demongod, I completely agree with your post, both before and after edit. :)

The flight model right now is very unrealistic and unique of other games.

It feels as if jets are gliding through the air.

If you roll your plane to the right or left, it doesn't move.

I suggest for there to be more improvements in the flight model to match that of other games such as GTA 5, Battlefield 3 or 4, War Thunder, or even flight simulation games such as Flight Simulator X or X-Plane.

Some suggestions include:

1. Weight

2. Wind and pressure

3. Flaps improvement

4. Rolling improvements

You know there's something wrong with your flight model when GTA 5 is more fun to fly in... I hope that the flight model doesn't end up like Battlefield or GTA 5. GTA 5 has a downright bad model, and Battlefield is just totally different.

I definitely would like to see improvements. ArmA jets are too easy to keep up and the things that make it so easy to stay up make it difficult to pull off more advanced maneuvers that allow more skilled players t o be much more effective.

Yeah I agree.

One of the biggest problems with arma vs other games (The flight model) is how in arma your nose always wants to go down.

When you play something like DCS, it actually makes sense because you have to keep your nose down (If I remember correctly), and it feels much more natural.

Remember though, that realism=/=fun and vice versa.

Not that I am suggesting this game needs a fully realistic flight model and everything that comes with that type of statement, I'm not.

But ignoring all the variables, and simulations and all these things people suggested, they should just fix these glaring issues, like the nose diving every 3 seconds if you don't keep thrust at max, before integrating new features, which knowing bohemia..... :) Might not be the least glitchy.