Sign in to follow this  
cancan69

Jets DLC Suggestions

Ok so I came up with some solutions to make the DLC even greater

1) visibility bar DEDICATED to Air vehicles, which means you will be able to boost the air vehicles objects showing further away without compromising your fpses when in a plane

2) I would suggest a kind of script (for low specs computers) that allowes you to decrease significantly the details on the ground and focus at 100% on air targets/visibility which is necessary for flying..i don't know if this is possibile but the arma engine is being pretty editable so I hope there won't be any problems

3) I would suggest a realistic stall system, together with flutter effect, g-forces 

4) one more thing...camera shake when shooting with a freaking 20mm air gun..that's...NECESSARY. 

5) I also suggest a much cooler pilot helmet featured by NAVY Pilots on the actual F-18s

https://goo.gl/images/AJFV2I

8 hours ago, cancan69 said:

1) visibility bar DEDICATED to Air vehicles, which means you will be able to boost the air vehicles objects showing further away without compromising your fpses when in a plane

This has already been suggested multiple times, together with increased terrain rendering distance in low quality.

3) I would suggest a realistic stall system, together with flutter effect, g-forces 

Realistic stall system requires an advanced flight model, which the devs have said will not be made for Jets DLC. Flutter and G forces are not modeled in this way either, and would require advanced flight models.

4) one more thing...camera shake when shooting with a freaking 20mm air gun..that's...NECESSARY.

Have you fired a 20mm gatling gun? I have stood next to one on a firing range. The M61 Vulcan. It does not shake your vision. It mildly vibrates. The air pressure from the muzzle blast cannot be felt inside the cockpit. So I would not call it capslock necessary!

5) I also suggest a much cooler pilot helmet featured by NAVY Pilots on the actual F-18s

These are standard NATO pilot helmets. I actually have one. They are very outdated, but still work ok. However, by default these do not support Helmet Mounted Displays and as such they are not fit for use in the F/A-181. Why the Gryphon and Shikra pilots have helmets that support displays, I don't know, seeing that these jets have a conventional HUD.

Here is an example of a modern-day Helmet Mounted Cueing System (HMD). It is actually a "mod" or Addon for the old NATO helmet.

AARcockpit-e1402987006162.jpg

add more birds, I'd like to see different birds when I'm flying my jet. I like Robins. Maybe parrots for Tanoa.

21 hours ago, anthony45 said:

add heavy long-range bomber

Long range, as in, more than 25km? 🙂 Seriously, though, even the jets we have, even if we had a TOH-sized map to go with them, would realistically have combat range far exceeding the longest distance available on the maps. ArmA also doesn't really do conflict on a scale where strategic bombers would come into play. An off-map cruise missile is all you'd realistically get.

• Like 1