Hello,

I'm currently working on a object for our Arma 3 Unit. I'm really new in modeling objects, but everything worked so far. One thing I can't fix is the geometry LOD.

I have a simple table (this is just for testing): https://gyazo.com/a97757e83ea5b4f36342c4ba2b773db4. How can I make a geometry LOD, when you still can crawl under the table but not walk through it? Is it just the same 3D model but then with a geometry LOD configuration?

I hope can help me, thank you in advance.

You can not use the same mesh from the resolution lods for a geo lod. Mostly because the geo lod needs to be closed and convex. So if you make the table for the geo lod out of simple shapes (cubes) it should work. Then you will be blocked from walking through it but still be able to crawl under it. 

27 minutes ago, m1lkm8n said:

You can not use the same mesh from the resolution lods for a geo lod. Mostly because the geo lod needs to be closed and convex. So if you make the table for the geo lod out of simple shapes (cubes) it should work. Then you will be blocked from walking through it but still be able to crawl under it. 

Alright, however I tried now to make the geometry LOD with the same model as the table itself. And I cannot walk through it but I'm able to crawl under it.

But if I'd do it like your way I should make a lot of little cubes so the whole table is covered?

EDIT:

I now tried to place a laptop on top of it, but that won't work (yes, wit disable simulation, but not the way it works with an Arma object). Is this also a LOD?

You would need 5 cuboids.  They don't have to be exactly cube shaped. I start with a cube and elongate the sides to match the weight and height 

1 hour ago, m1lkm8n said:

You would need 5 cuboids.  They don't have to be exactly cube shaped. I start with a cube and elongate the sides to match the weight and height 

I think I understand you. Thank you for your help. Do you have a solution for my second question:

"Now I tried to place a laptop on top of it, but that won't work (yes, wit disable simulation, but not the way it works with an Arma object). Is this also a LOD?"?

Possibly adding a physx lod or a roadway lod. Should allow for placement of something on top of the table without it falling through

23 minutes ago, m1lkm8n said:

Possibly adding a physx lod or a roadway lod. Should allow for placement of something on top of the table without it falling through

Amazing, it worked. Thank you for your help, really appreciate it!

• Like 1